Feedback Fiascle

Black Jack

For some time now I have wonder if feedback is a thing of importance. To this day any to all woman on DGN I vaguely view and see numbers that surpass the Googolplexian :dry: . Are guys exempt of such appreciation :fear: or are women who clearly are raping the boards with attention :rant: and taking this feat to a new level. Or are men so ignorant :X that they click endlessly on ones they like and purposely upgrade there favorites :iluvff: . This topic alone needs a brief explanation as to what purpose it serves if any and what is acquire beyond the obvious like feature. I know for one this isn't face book so I don't have to like someone just to dislike them and or block them but come on the plus sign is good but isn't there a minus sign also. Are we doom to only level up higher and higher to the point that anyone who dares look at the number will faint for trying. In all due respect cut the crap out seriously this is not funny.

For some time now I have wonder if feedback is a thing of importance. To this day any to all woman on DGN I vaguely view and see numbers that surpass the Googolplexian :dry: . Are guys exempt of such appreciation :fear: or are women who clearly are raping the boards with attention :rant: and taking this feat to a new level. Or are men so ignorant :X that they click endlessly on ones they like and purposely upgrade there favorites :iluvff: . This topic alone needs a brief explanation as to what purpose it serves if any and what is acquire beyond the obvious like feature. I know for one this isn't face book so I don't have to like someone just to dislike them and or block them but come on the plus sign is good but isn't there a minus sign also. Are we doom to only level up higher and higher to the point that anyone who dares look at the number will faint for trying. In all due respect cut the crap out seriously this is not funny.

If you are talking about feedback on these pages, received via the '+1' button, I'm frustrated that I have only one vote daily. I want five. Or three, or maybe just two. See, some days I don't see anything I really want to '+1' and others I see many, but the recipient is always the first one I see. And since I scan the board from bottom to top instead of top to bottom, I usually end up plus-one-ing a funny joke in "other stuff" or excellent advice in 'relationships...' instead of the astute political commentary or excellent music choices or sage reviews that appear in the upper half of the topics menu.

I think that at one point there was a negative vote. It wasn't a popular feature. I think someone was a victim of a personal vendetta and his/her score was drastically reduced over a number of days. It's probably much more productive to address some one honestly, but respectfully, in PM's if you have a personal issue with that person.

But, yes, it's entirely a popularity game. But it's not like there are "winners." A high point value is a rather hollow prize. It's rigged in favor of the longest standing members and most frequent posters. I wouldn't take it too seriously. A low feedback score doesn't mean that no one is your friend or that what you say/think/feel doesn't matter here, because it does matter and you do have friends. Keep posting and your numbers will go up. Even if they don't, know your friends will still stand by you, including me, even though I find your lack of punctuation in some other posts alarming. /grammarNazirant :rolleyes:

I have a kinda high number and I assure you that there are more people on here that dislike me/don't know me/could give two shits, than there are people that like me. There are also many people that are much much more beloved than me that probably have lower numbers. It's like "liking" posts on Facebook. Apparently I post likeable things from time to time (and I think it's the same 3 people that +1 my posts anyway). I +1 posts that I find amusing, or that I agree with.

And really, most things on here are a popularity contest anyway. *shrugs*