The Spider Thread

I don't know about you, but I have a strong addiction to taking pictures of spiders. In real life, I'm deathly terrified of them. But it seems whenever I have my camera in hand, I change, and thrive to take pictures of these tiny, and I do mean, tiny little guys. So why not make a thread to show the love, and help those who want to fight their fear of them available. Anyways, Follow pics are taken by me :3

1596ys.jpg347imfa.jpg10def4i.jpg

jb7lo7.jpg

2eas9iq.jpg

dmea1w.jpg

2it4l92.jpg

Favorite pic of my little garden spider :3

So yes. Your turn :3 Show me the pics of Spiders or even bugs.

I wish I had a camera! There is a large and beautiful brown spider with a funnel web on our porch. I'm fairly confident that it is a grass spider because of the prominent spinnerets. I could have misidentified it as a wolf spider, but it doesn't fit the description as neatly. I can't help myself: I keep feeding it. It didn't like my offerings of Japanese beetle or sow bug yesterday, but today's gift of a grasshopper (easily its size) went over swimmingly. Yay!

I wish I had a camera! There is a large and beautiful brown spider with a funnel web on our porch. I'm fairly confident that it is a grass spider because of the prominent spinnerets. I could have misidentified it as a wolf spider, but it doesn't fit the description as neatly. I can't help myself: I keep feeding it. It didn't like my offerings of Japanese beetle or sow bug yesterday, but today's gift of a grasshopper (easily its size) went over swimmingly. Yay!

^THIS...made me happy.

I found another and fed it a carpenter ant. They look gross and these particular ones are huge (about 3/4 of an inch long body, even longer with the legs), but their chelicerae (fangs) are yet too tiny to penetrate human flesh.

Found on a website--mine are at least as pretty as this!

spdrgrass3cd.jpg

I found another and fed it a carpenter ant. They look gross and these particular ones are huge (about 3/4 of an inch long body, even longer with the legs), but their chelicerae (fangs) are yet too tiny to penetrate human flesh.

Found on a website--mine are at least as pretty as this!

I fed my green spider some ants today. He was happy ^^

For someone who hates internet memes/ Virul Videos....I am surprised you posted this particular spider pic, as it has made its rounds on 4chan and the like.

Really? Seen it on a couple of sites (TV Tropes and a blog) and swiped it before to post on FB. ;)

A nifty pic nonetheless, yeah?