*sigh* We are seriously reverting back to the hedonism of the late Ancient Roman era, fast. We all know how that ends...

Provided there are no children involved I always thought it'd be a helluva way to go out...Then again, hedonism is the closest thing I have to a religion

Provided there are no children involved I always thought it'd be a helluva way to go out...Then again, hedonism is the closest thing I have to a religion

I believe in hedonism fully, so long as it doesn't infringe upon other's rights and/or well-being (or anything that is their property), which is what I consider to be moderate.

That doesn't mean I engage in everything, however, I choose not to damage myself excessively.

Edited by Chernobyl

Its a really complex confusing issue. If we are just talking about the prudes, yeah, get over it. But, I couldn't care less about any "prude" crap. The "omg! how could they!" type reasoning is just silly / knee-jerk. But that doesn't mean that everything is ok, even though people are idiots.

Its not "this in particular" (this one just happen to hit the news, there are tons of "sexy" pre-teen models) Its what the whole cult-of-young-sexy thing does/encourages. I'm worried about what it might be continuing to do to humanity in general. The trend toward younger and younger is just the way things seem to be going.

I don't want to see any more girls in high school with kids. The overly implied sexuality leads to un-educated kids doing risky things which I'd prefer they didn't. Just freaking wait, sheesh. The problem (seems to be, I've not done a study) is with this cult-of-youth thing, the media gets to the kids before the reasoning/intelligence that weighs the consequences part of their brain kicks in.

Remember the days when little girls wore pigtails, jumpers and knee socks? What the hell happened?

That's not quite what I meant.

Maybe I'm just too far behind the times, but in my mind, a 10 yr old girl has no business looking and dressing like a 22 yr old.

Kids, girls in the case of this thread, should be allowed to grow up at their own pace, their parents shouldn't "stand on the gas pedal".

I just think this is sick.

I think her psyche has been damaged.