Anyone Still Go To Necto Regularly?

this saturday is plastic passion I believe. but yeah, once a month there.

I go mondays, mostly to see my friends. or to get drunk and dance. I'm not going this monday obviously because I have a life and a family and people actually like me so i get invited to things that aren't necto on fourth of july. but the 11th is heroes and villains costume night, so i'll be there for sure.

Nope, can't stand the talking over the music, or Jay No's existence.

Talking over the music? As in, DJ's talking over the music?

Guess they changed things there. (I used to live there back in the day) I never heard a peep out of anyone over the speakers (and we are talking over like a 10 year stretch)

I've not been there in a long time.

I go mondays, mostly to see my friends.

Except for maybe the first year or two that i went clubbing that's at least 50% (and meet new friends) of the reason i go to any club, the music? eh, yeah, but I can get my own customized playlist anywhere anytime just about , along with being fine with hearing "the hits" lets call them and can dance to them and enjoy myself,regardless of how many times I've heard them before. (to a point)

The other reason is to support the scene (and dance when i have the energy) and maybe snag some people for whatever it is we want to say is a "deeper understanding" of the scene / other places. Only way to do that is to sort of "get out there were the people are", rather than me hide out in my 2 places that I think "are good", put on my asshat with my 10 asshat cohorts and chuck spears out from behind the barricades and wondering why more people don't come. (I actually did use that system for a few years, ages ago, before i wised up).

Talking over the music? As in, DJ's talking over the music?

Guess they changed things there. (I used to live there back in the day) I never heard a peep out of anyone over the speakers (and we are talking over like a 10 year stretch)

I've not been there in a long time.

Yoda comes on the mic at 12:30 and at 2 to announce whats coming up at the club during breakdowns during the song. The total time he spends on the mic during from 9-1:59 is about 2 minutes tops. We've been doing around 450 on slow nights and upwards of a 1000 on event nights. Let me know when you want to come out I'll put you on the list. Kats a little biased due to a bar-back she doesn't get along with. (It's a really funny story but not appropriate to share on a public forum.)

Jinx

Edited by Jinx

Yoda comes on the mic at 12:30 and at 2 to announce whats coming up at the club during breakdowns during the song. The total time he spends on the mic during from 9-1:59 is about 2 minutes tops. We've been doing around 450 on slow nights and upwards of a 1000 on event nights. Let me know when you want to come out I'll put you on the list. Kats a little biased due to a bar-back she doesn't get along with. (It's a really funny story but not appropriate to share on a public forum.)

Jinx

hahahaha jinxy even in the face of douchery you are so appropriate with wording.

it is a decently funny story! I agree.

BAHA

Jinx

Doesn't sound like much of an issue to me either way. Wouldn't be a deciding factor for me at all. Hell in some cases I'd prefer some info rather than having to "guess" or find some person that knows and hope they are right.

Its mostly full of teenys who hog the dance floor and the music is pretty much always the same. But I've heard their fishbowls are delicious.

I TRY to enjoy Necto, but I usually don't have a good time whenever I go there. I feel out of place.

The fishbowls are indeed awesome though lmao.

Really? Hrmm. Never had a fishbowl ... ever , I don't think. /ponders. Damnit, seriously why do i have to live 40+ minutes away from everything. grrr.

Hmmmmmmm.....

I do want to check it out.... who are the Djs????

D

Resident is DJ Jynx, Void6 I think is a bi-weekly DJ there. The bar is super nice, great sound system, awesome lights, pretty darn good drink prices. I just am not a fan of several members of the staff, 2 of which were already mentioned. The crowd I have heard is very very young these days and the music is mostly EBM/Synth based stuff. From what I hear its mostly stuff Like Aesthetic Perfection and Covenant. None of my friends really go anymore because of others who attend, but they get a fantastic turn out, probably the biggest club for our scene in Michigan, although its hard to tell which ones arent just playing dress up.

I go occasionally it is annoying though that a lot of the people there act like douche bag frat boys.

Just something you have to deal with , thier ARE "real" idiot frat boys there, its you know a college town after all. Nothing to be done about it really.

Not to take away from the venue , i used to practically live there back in the day. Cant vouch for it these days but I'm (hoping) to get out there again at some point after i make the rounds to Mars and Katzens other gig a few times. (even going out just twice a week is really rough) three times would be just asinine health wise.

Resident is DJ Jynx, Void6 I think is a bi-weekly DJ there. The bar is super nice, great sound system, awesome lights, pretty darn good drink prices. I just am not a fan of several members of the staff, 2 of which were already mentioned. The crowd I have heard is very very young these days and the music is mostly EBM/Synth based stuff. From what I hear its mostly stuff Like Aesthetic Perfection and Covenant. None of my friends really go anymore because of others who attend, but they get a fantastic turn out, probably the biggest club for our scene in Michigan, although its hard to tell which ones arent just playing dress up.

darks Choir also plays once a month on the first week