so, i joined this a while ago, and kinda forgot that i did, (i've been on a search for goth events in the michigan area). i figure that i should probably introduce myself and maybe start a few conversations with people in hopes to possibly travel and meet up (not in a dating site kinda way, but actually go to some kind of event/gathering/club/etc.) and have something better to do with my time than sit around with boring people. =]

soooo, with that said, My name is Jaclyn. I'm 23, and i can't really consider myself "GOTH" but i do love and appreciate the aesthetic of the gothic community. i love music, clothes, and eyeliner. i am also teaching myself to play the ukulele. =] i'm perky, and happy-go-lucky with a very dark sense of humor. (that typically mixes people up, especially when i giggle after a really awful joke.)

anywho, this is my little intro post. i hope everyone that reads this has a great day. =] take care!!! <3

so, i joined this a while ago, and kinda forgot that i did, (i've been on a search for goth events in the michigan area). i figure that i should probably introduce myself and maybe start a few conversations with people in hopes to possibly travel and meet up (not in a dating site kinda way, but actually go to some kind of event/gathering/club/etc.) and have something better to do with my time than sit around with boring people. =]

soooo, with that said, My name is Jaclyn. I'm 23, and i can't really consider myself "GOTH" but i do love and appreciate the aesthetic of the gothic community. i love music, clothes, and eyeliner. i am also teaching myself to play the ukulele. =] i'm perky, and happy-go-lucky with a very dark sense of humor. (that typically mixes people up, especially when i giggle after a really awful joke.)

anywho, this is my little intro post. i hope everyone that reads this has a great day. =] take care!!! <3

Howdy.

Probably less than 5% (probably less than 2%)of people on DGN are what you'd think of as stereotypical "goths". Theres sort of this idea that either someone "is goth" or they "are not". But its more of a sliding scale. Somone might like a lot of movies, basket weaving is a lawyer and as just one thing on the list, also likes something "gothy" if thats black clothes, horror movies, edgar allen poe, whatever. Its just sort of a list on a long line of things that one might find interesting. Its not necessarily a all-encompassing lifestyle choice.

Only real requirement around here is "try to be nice/open minded". We've actually toyed with changing the website name away from the word "goth" just for that reason.

Hope to hear more from you *points all around at the board*. :happydance

you covered most of this but here goes anyhow:

*drum roll*

The DGN (welcome) Questions 2.1 ™ ©

Formerly the "S.D.G.N.W.Q.P.S." The Standard Detroit Gothic . Net Welcome Questions Polls and Suggestions 1.7b

Feel free to ignore anything you feel uncomfortable sharing, dont have the energy for or have covered already. We are just friendly, if a bit nosey. And we ask these same questions fairly often as you may have noticed. :laugh:

Current location?

Where from?

Gender?

Work?

School?

Kids?

Married?

Single?

Hobbies?

How Did You Find DGN?

Other Stuff?

Additional ideas / questions:

Add yourself to the DGN member map!

If you live close enough, are old enough (18+ for City Club) and/or are ever in town you may want to check out:

"DGN Night"

Or you can find out about other events near your area with the

The Events Calender

Some folk also enjoy our random pot of:

Quizzes & Polls !

How did you hear about DGN? Poll

And we can always use help finding new friendly people. Help us out and drag em on over!

If you have a website / personal journal link to us! :wink

Current location?

Mount Pleasant, MI

Where from?

Pinconning, MI

Gender?

Female

Work?

Not at the moment

School?

planning on going to cosmetology school this fall

Kids?

none yet.

Married?

not yet...

Single?

yeah,

Hobbies?

listening to music, playing ukulele, watching movies and cartoons, hanging out with people, window shopping, lots of other things i can't think of right now.

How Did You Find DGN?

googling for goth events in michigan

Other Stuff?

hmm... i'm fun! lol

Ukulele ? Seriously? Neat.

That Google guy is a good promoter , for some reason he's not very good at welcoming people to the board though. *shakes fist*

hah

Now we just gotta figure out how to get you to post on the rest of the board and stick around. *plots* hrmmm :secret:

Yeah, Google seriously needs a promotion to Street Team level 10.

i've been on a search for goth events in the michigan area) ... i am also teaching myself to play the ukulele.

I was at a goth/steampunk sort of event a couple days ago that involved a ukulele player. It was most enjoyable.

Probably less than 5% (probably less than 2%)of people on DGN are what you'd think of as stereotypical "goths".

Yeah, there's only one person on DGN who is a true goth, but he's too busy telling everyone else that they're not goth to really be goth himself, so there goes that theory. And there's also a woman who's so goth, that she's not even goth anymore. Other than that, we're just all goth aficionado non-goths.

Current location?

Mount Pleasant, MI

Where from?

Pinconning, MI

Gender?

Female

Work?

Not at the moment

School?

planning on going to cosmetology school this fall

Kids?

none yet.

Married?

not yet...

Single?

yeah,

Hobbies?

listening to music, playing ukulele, watching movies and cartoons, hanging out with people, window shopping, lots of other things i can't think of right now.

How Did You Find DGN?

googling for goth events in michigan

Other Stuff?

hmm... i'm fun! lol

Hey ya! You're not too far from me about an hour east of me actually. Are ya planning on going to MJ Murphy? Anywho welcome to the board.

Yeah, Google seriously needs a promotion to Street Team level 10.

Yeah, just barely though. He's also got a very, very poor "conversion" rate. That is, a lot of people show up refered by him, but they don't actually stick around. Wereas like You or someone elese has a much, MUCH higher rate of people that actually end up "doing" something on DGN.

Other than that, we're just all goth aficionado non-goths.

Good way to put it.