"Black Planet" Wednesdays on Strangewaysradio.com

I'm starting a new radio show every Wednesday at 10pm (est) on Strangeways Radio! It's called Black Planet, and will feature new, current & classic Ethereal, Darkwave, Goth, EBM, Futurepop, Dark Indie, Deathrock and Industrial artists. You may know me as DJ Pinknoise- I started the Vicious Pink 80s night at Luna a few years back (when it was retro alternative like Depeche, Joy Division, etc). I do that as a show on Strangeways too. I also recently DJ'd for a short time at Noire Sky on Tuesdays (had to stop cause of day job - boo).

Anyway - the point of my post is to ask what you guys would like to hear! Hit me with your requests!!!

If you haven't listened to the station yet, check out Strangewaysradio.com! It's a Detroit based station that plays all sorts of shoegaze/dream pop/brit pop/classic alternative, etc. The station streams 24/7, but we have live shows too. I do Vicious Pink on Thursdays at 10pm, which is old school new wave and alternative. Thursdays from 6pm-8pm we have Simon Raymond, formerly a member of COCTEAU TWINS (!!!) who does a show. Monday nights DJ's Zumby & Mikey from the old Auralgasms days do a show, etc. And Black Planet premieres next Wednesday, March 16 at 10pm! Listen live or join us in our chat room during the show!!

www.strangewaysradio.com

Would you actually play deathrock? or just play the occasional Christian Death track...?

Good luck regardless!

Definitely more than just Christian Death - for sure some Cinema Strange, Danse Society, Bloody Dead and Sexy, 45 Grave, Kommunity FK, etc.

Cool, its refreshing to know that you will actually play deathrock if you advertise it...

I try :)

Currently I do Vicious Pink (old school alternative) on Thursdays and try to mix in the occasional 45 Grave, Danse Society, Sex Gang Children, Christian Death (of course) and roots/related/Batcave type bands like Birthday Party, Alien Sex Fiend, Xmal, Bauhaus and Specimen.

I try :)

Currently I do Vicious Pink (old school alternative) on Thursdays and try to mix in the occasional 45 Grave, Danse Society, Sex Gang Children, Christian Death (of course) and roots/related/Batcave type bands like Birthday Party, Alien Sex Fiend, Xmal, Bauhaus and Specimen.

Hope you try and do new stuff as well.

Definitely :)

The focus of Black Planet (despite the name, lol) is newer/current bands. I'll throw in classics here and there, but we have the old school thing covered pretty well already.

Seems we are on the same mission, thats our thing for industrial tuesdays. New and/or unheard musics with a few familiars in the mix.