Mondays: noire sky @ Northern Lights Lounge - No Cover/21+

Got to tell you people that anyone who hasnt gone yet is really missing out. Everyone wants options other then City club and Necto and this is a great one. Cheap drinks, friendly staff, d.j.s and patrons. no parking fees and kick ass music. Lets not let another great venue die!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to tell you people that anyone who hasnt gone yet is really missing out. Everyone wants options other then City club and Necto and this is a great one. Cheap drinks, friendly staff, d.j.s and patrons. no parking fees and kick ass music. Lets not let another great venue die!

So want to go next week! It was amazing the first time I went.

Deadliners - It's back imo, it's up to us to KEEP IT GOING! This week I went to SC instead of noir, I never went to SC and wanted to try it out, so that's why I wasn't there, but I'm hoping to go pretty regularly.

Deadliners - It's back imo, it's up to us to KEEP IT GOING! This week I went to SC instead of noir, I never went to SC and wanted to try it out, so that's why I wasn't there, but I'm hoping to go pretty regularly.

I was going to go but I was feeling a little under the weather. probably next week. I want to check out there punk night as well...

Probably from standing in a deep-freeze all Sunday night :rofl:.

Probably from standing in a deep-freeze all Sunday night :rofl:.

Are you really comparing Dead-Line to Noir Retro? LOL!!! That's not even a fair and just comparison really as Dead-Line provided extensively diverse offerings of music between the 2 rooms and DJ's knowledgeable/tapping into specific genres.

Dead-Line earned it's unique identity through that prominent variance of music. The concepts behind Noir Retro and Dead-Line are surely different. Despite Scary Guy being a DJ at each, the two nights really are unparalleled and should always be viewed as such.

Are you really comparing Dead-Line to Noir Retro? LOL!!! That's not even a fair and just comparison really as Dead-Line provided extensively diverse offerings of music between the 2 rooms and DJ's knowledgeable/tapping into specific genres.

Dead-Line earned it's unique identity through that prominent variance of music. The concepts behind Noir Retro and Dead-Line are surely different. Despite Scary Guy being a DJ at each, the two nights really are unparalleled and should always be viewed as such.

I was comparing it in the way that people bitch about CC or Necto; they want some sort of smaller grassroots type night where older songs of varying genres are played. If you were able to read my mind, you would have known that Saint...JEEZ.

No setup is different clearly, songlist setup is different, genres are tweaked a little different, etc. So in that aspect, no there's plenty of differences. Music was probably the biggest difference, noirRetro was more noticeably "toned-down" (for lack of a better descriptor) than Dead-Line was. They started very calm and slow, lot of New Wave-ish stuff I guess, then progressed into being heavier and more industrial. Also, noirRetro didn't touch down on any noise or aggro, but then again that wouldn't fit in with the whole gist of the night, which is a difference there.

But both night really have a similar feel to them, that imo (to me) is undeniable. Or I'm a n00b at life. Whichever.

I was comparing it in the way that people bitch about CC or Necto; they want some sort of smaller grassroots type night where older songs of varying genres are played. If you were able to read my mind, you would have known that Saint...JEEZ.

No setup is different clearly, songlist setup is different, genres are tweaked a little different, etc. So in that aspect, no there's plenty of differences. Music was probably the biggest difference, noirRetro was more noticeably "toned-down" (for lack of a better descriptor) than Dead-Line was. They started very calm and slow, lot of New Wave-ish stuff I guess, then progressed into being heavier and more industrial. Also, noirRetro didn't touch down on any noise or aggro, but then again that wouldn't fit in with the whole gist of the night, which is a difference there.

But both night really have a similar feel to them, that imo (to me) is undeniable. Or I'm a n00b at life. Whichever.

Edited by Chernobyl

There will be a pRick lurking in the shadows.

A prick lurking in the shadows? Guess I won't wear a skirt and I'll watch when I sit down.

A prick lurking in the shadows? Guess I won't wear a skirt and I'll watch when I sit down.

Changed the topic title so it says "Tuesdays" instead of "Tonight". Figured putting an actual day in there would be more descriptive.

Oh and...it's tonight! :thumbsup: Get your ass out, go lounge, hear some epic music, and have a few drinks :bunny:

Changed the topic title so it says "Tuesdays" instead of "Tonight". Figured putting an actual day in there would be more descriptive.

Oh and...it's tonight! :thumbsup: Get your ass out, go lounge, hear some epic music, and have a few drinks :bunny:

Edited by Chernobyl