Non Talented Overplayed bands that You Cannot Stand

Hellion

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avenged Sevenfold is awful. I am so sick of hearing about them. From what I've gathered, there was someone in the band that died. There was a FB group called "We'll give God Justin Bieber for The Rev back!" and I'm like "NO BASTARDS, BRING BACK DWAYNE GOETTEL." WTF is wrong with teenagers now...(probably the same shit that was wrong with teenagers when I was a teenager because let's face it we had HORRIBLE FUCKING STAIND :wallbash:.) I hated "teenage tastes" for the most part all through my teenage years, thank goodness.

Celdweller, was reminded of them because they just had a show here and had a somewhat crappy band, Blue Stahli, open for them. Have not heard enough Blue Stahli to know how crappy they really are, but they DID open for Celldweller, so that's good enough for me.

Can't stand any "new" Weezer. Their old stuff was okay, all their new shit like "Say It Ain't So" is whiny borderline-emo garbage.

KE$HA NEEDS TO OD ALREADY! Miley Cyrus + Crack Cocaine - Any Notion Of Talent x Horrible Lyrics = Ke$ha.

FLO RIDA IS FUCKING AWFUL! I have to not only HEAR his poorly constructed pop-covers (SERIOUSLY makes Puff Daddy, the prior king of ripping everything off, look like fucking Mozart) but when I go to the gym ever OTHER video they play on their station is a Flo Rida video. The guy seriously rimjobs his own ass at the end of the night, by the looks of how much he seemingly wants to slob his own knob. I don't even know why they bother putting hot people in the video, Flo Rida seems like the arrogant kind of prick that could sit in front of a mirror all day fapping and smelling his own farts.

There's plenty more on my list, I'll be back.

Avenged Sevenfold is awful. I am so sick of hearing about them. From what I've gathered, there was someone in the band that died. There was a FB group called "We'll give God Justin Bieber for The Rev back!" and I'm like "NO BASTARDS, BRING BACK DWAYNE GOETTEL." WTF is wrong with teenagers now...(probably the same shit that was wrong with teenagers when I was a teenager because let's face it we had HORRIBLE FUCKING STAIND :wallbash:.) I hated "teenage tastes" for the most part all through my teenage years, thank goodness.

Celdweller, was reminded of them because they just had a show here and had a somewhat crappy band, Blue Stahli, open for them. Have not heard enough Blue Stahli to know how crappy they really are, but they DID open for Celldweller, so that's good enough for me.

Can't stand any "new" Weezer. Their old stuff was okay, all their new shit like "Say It Ain't So" is whiny borderline-emo garbage.

KE$HA NEEDS TO OD ALREADY! Miley Cyrus + Crack Cocaine - Any Notion Of Talent x Horrible Lyrics = Ke$ha.

FLO RIDA IS FUCKING AWFUL! I have to not only HEAR his poorly constructed pop-covers (SERIOUSLY makes Puff Daddy, the prior king of ripping everything off, look like fucking Mozart) but when I go to the gym ever OTHER video they play on their station is a Flo Rida video. The guy seriously rimjobs his own ass at the end of the night, by the looks of how much he seemingly wants to slob his own knob. I don't even know why they bother putting hot people in the video, Flo Rida seems like the arrogant kind of prick that could sit in front of a mirror all day fapping and smelling his own farts.

There's plenty more on my list, I'll be back.

Edited by Chernobyl

I am just happy that Cher called it "Crack Cocaine"

Weird, right? 9 times out of 10 I just call it crack. Saying crack-cocaine is so super 80s, passe like heroin.

Weird, right? 9 times out of 10 I just call it crack. Saying crack-cocaine is so super 80s, passe like heroin.

Also, and I know I'm going to get virtu-slapped by many for this:

The Birthday Massacre

Do NOT UNDERSTAND the hype behind them. All these rivetheads are huge into them now and I'd even rather listen to CombiChrist than TBM. They aren't even DARK for crying-out-loud! I mean, maybe I just shit super bats (probably not the case), but I really don't feel the wretched anguish in their music. Why the big underground following?

Oh...and I'd also like to nominate Ayria for the list of awful. Sounds like someone didn't make it into the Spice Girls so to get attention they have to be super-darkkkkk and REBELLIOUS! Sounds like some little whiny punk-bitch preppy girl who got rejected "singing" lines over very unimaginative beats.

Also, and I know I'm going to get virtu-slapped by many for this:

The Birthday Massacre

Do NOT UNDERSTAND the hype behind them. All these rivetheads are huge into them now and I'd even rather listen to CombiChrist than TBM. They aren't even DARK for crying-out-loud! I mean, maybe I just shit super bats (probably not the case), but I really don't feel the wretched anguish in their music. Why the big underground following?

Oh...and I'd also like to nominate Ayria for the list of awful. Sounds like someone didn't make it into the Spice Girls so to get attention they have to be super-darkkkkk and REBELLIOUS! Sounds like some little whiny punk-bitch preppy girl who got rejected "singing" lines over very unimaginative beats.

Edited by Chernobyl

Here is one big reason...

There was also several songs by THE DICKIES they ripped off.

Wow - what a blatant ripoff. Most bands have either borrowed ideas from the Beatles or been inspired by them to some degree but that one is atrocious imo.

I agree with most ppl's listings here.

I wanted to add Meatloaf to my list, never understood what's so special about his music. Mostly it sounds like lame music produced for a lame musical.

And Billy Joel..................puke.

And Micheal Bolton.

And John Tesh............(WTF????)

And David Hasselhoff..............wait, we're not in Germany. LMAO!

To keep it scene-centric:

The Birthday Massacre

Emilie Autumn

Dope Stars Inc.

Deadstar Assembly

Agonoize

Funker Vogt

The first four are all "brand names" that will be in the cut-out bin if they are not already. The sad part is, TBM used to be good back before anyone knew who they were and they had no label contracts. Funny how that all changes things for some.

The latter two are very repetitive, and in some circles are still overplayed. Thankfully that has not happened here.

To keep it scene-centric:

The Birthday Massacre

Emilie Autumn

Dope Stars Inc.

Deadstar Assembly

Agonoize

Funker Vogt

The first four are all "brand names" that will be in the cut-out bin if they are not already. The sad part is, TBM used to be good back before anyone knew who they were and they had no label contracts. Funny how that all changes things for some.

The latter two are very repetitive, and in some circles are still overplayed. Thankfully that has not happened here.

Oh YEAH! Thanks for reminding me exactly how much it is that I can't stand Emilie Autumn and Funker Vogt! :ralph:

Oh YEAH! Thanks for reminding me exactly how much it is that I can't stand Emilie Autumn and Funker Vogt! :ralph:
Edited by Chernobyl

I hate Luguna Coil so much because they ripped of Evanesence and because they are named after the Laguna Beach where jocks like Heidi and Spense used to hang out and make fun of goth kids and emo's.

They actually came out about a year before Evanescence and it's Lacuna Coil (The first word, being Italian, is translated to empty)

Here is one big reason (for hating the Offspring)...

<insert Offspring song that blatantly rips off Beatles>

There was also several songs by THE DICKIES they ripped off.

=====================================================================

Well, once again I'm digging deep to find a currently overplayed band.

FLO RIDA is a great example.

See Chernobyl has her workout environment and

I have my workplace which plays the same 10 songs ALL DAY.

Most of you fuckers get to avoid gems from the likes of Miley Cyrus, Hayley Duff, Natasha Bedingfield, and the Jonas Brothers.

BUT NOT ME! I hate you all.

I'm going back and forth over what I'm looking forward to less==

A. The shit I'm forced to listen to now at work (and will endure on Fri/Sat)

B Non stop Christmas shit I'll be listening to for the next month, starting Monday

That said, in honor of the Offspring ripping off the Beatles, here's a band that no one can fully get away from that are overplayed today.

LISTEN TO THIS :32-:52

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNRH7_Kd5Yc

THEN THIS :52-1:07

I HATE MAROON 5

Put them on an island with all the lonely unloved 30-something housewives that keep buying their shit so they can leave me alone

Kind of a tough one for me as I'm completely oblivious to what's going on on the video channels and radio and I rarely go to CC.

Though, in general, I can't stand nu metal,death metal, black metal, techno, trance, EBM, industrial after the early 90s, aggrotech, noize, futurepop, anything with "core" as a suffix...

But I have no idea which artists of those genres are overplayed and if they are lacking in any talent. They could just not be utilizing their talents and, thus, letting them go to waste. Though, replacing actual instruments with laptops never impressed me.

We're all in agreement about ICP, though. ;)

Edited by Joey Deadcat

Kind of a tough one for me as I'm completely oblivious to what's going on on the video channels and radio and I rarely go to CC.

Though, in general, I can't stand nu metal,death metal, black metal, techno, trance, EBM, industrial after the early 90s, aggrotech, noize, futurepop, anything with "core" as a suffix...

But I have no idea which artists of those genres are overplayed and if they are lacking in any talent. They could just not be utilizing their talents and, thus, letting them go to waste. Though, replacing actual instruments with laptops never impressed me.

We're all in agreement about ICP, though. ;)

psh, aside from nu/death/black metal/futurepop I like the stuff you mentioned :(

Oh I hate ICP too..

Edited by DJ Nocker

I would agree that almost all of the bands/artists named here are overplayed, and a good number of them are overrated, but even if their music isn't to my liking, it takes a lot (or a lot lacking, as the case may be) for me to call an artist untalented.

ICP

Totally agree with this! I remember the first time I was exposed to ICP was my senior year of high school. I was at a party and someone put on ICP and everyone was like "What is that shit?!?" and then one person said "Hey, don't be too mean, they're from Michigan." That pretty much sums up my feelings on why people around here like ICP.

The distance between 'balls' and 'ass' isn't very much.

I haven't heard that before. I can't remember what it was in response to, but nice quote.

You beat me to it. Like I said, usually, even if I don't like a band or artist's music, I try to be respectful to their talent, but Ke$ha is fucking annoying and needs to go away. She can't carry a tune, and she always sounds like a drunk rich white girl trying to sound like an inner city kid. Go back to school!

a certain local industrial band around these parts that are plain and boring, but I'm not going to burn any bridges by mentioning names :)

and I disagree with the gaga hatred- I don't like her necessarily, however I do respect that she writes all of her stuff, I wouldn't call her untalented. Yes, overplayed. But not untalented.