OUCH! Broke my toe!

Mzdeadlyspell

It has been a long time since I have used this forum.

Just was at the doctors and found out my big left toe was broken. I had no idea.

I am a avid runner, and was told I can still run, and keep my daily activities since I am not feeling any pain.

Has anyone else had an experience where they broke a bone and did not know?

Yeah. This may sound crazy, but I broke my hip, and walked around on it for 4 months before the doctors figured it out. Oh, it hurt like hell, but they kept telling me it was my knee. The pain did dull after a while, but I couldn't walk very far without some pain coming back. When I got drunk, though, I could walk a lot farther! lol :D Once they figured it out, a little surgery and rehab, and bam! All fixed! :D

So glad you can still run! I can't imagine that not hurting under the force of running! XD ouch!

Good luck to ya!

Oh, I broke my toe this summer (second toe broken in lifetime) and I definitely knew it. I'm glad yours doesn't hurt you. I hope it stays that way, especially since there is close to nil to be done for it (unless somehow it breaks through the skin).

Since nothing can be done about broken toes (poor toes!), wouldn't they set weird if they were being walked on, or ran on too much? Wouldn't you end up with a side toe, instead of straight one? :shock:

Since nothing can be done about broken toes (poor toes!), wouldn't they set weird if they were being walked on, or ran on too much? Wouldn't you end up with a side toe, instead of straight one? :shock:

Yes, they can be distorted. That's why, if anything, especially because splinting is so difficult, you tape it to the neighboring toe.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 78 Guests (See full list)

• Topics

• I feel so conflicted. I need to scream but there's nowhere. I been depressed and isolated for years so it wouldn't be fair to reach out to anyone for more than just a fairweather conversation.   Also, I need an unbiased view. 
    • I’m feeling the temptation to get dressed and go out to the store to get some dessert.  I’m also feeling restraint because I’m not going to do that, even though I physically feel the temptation.
    • I had two dreams last night. The first was about a man in a director-level importance coming and going from his office. He had trouble with his feet, and it was painful for him to walk. He wore large, warm boots similar to mukluks but comically large. He shuffled while wearing them. When it came time for an important meeting, he switched to a different, more normal boots and walked normally despite being in pain. Then he returned to the large boots. I was watching him from a mall bench outside his office the entire time. The second was about me and my coworker sitting in a room similar to a large, tiered lecture hall. Our boss would bring us comically tall stacks of paper and told us to sort it. The papers were large packets of information on various things, and most of it was basically meaningless. We pointed this out, and my boss shrugged and said "I know" and gave a sympathetic half-smile. There was no way to sort it in a way that mattered. Eating strong cheese before bed is a fun experience. I highly recommend experiencing cheese dreams at least once in your life.
    • It's Tuesday and I'm thinking it's time to get things done.  I just decided to start all over again from scratch. 1. Handle Truck Situation 2. Handle Appointment 3. Handle Yardwork 4. Prepare for Wednesday
    • Why has there been a truck parked outside my window for hours? Glad I don't have a stalker because this truck would be blocking their view.    Had  a dream I was in Pennsylvania with my bf but he didn't look like my bf it was one of them someone physically represented him but you just know it's that person dreams,  ya know?   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.