OUCH! Broke my toe!

Mzdeadlyspell

It has been a long time since I have used this forum.

Just was at the doctors and found out my big left toe was broken. I had no idea.

I am a avid runner, and was told I can still run, and keep my daily activities since I am not feeling any pain.

Has anyone else had an experience where they broke a bone and did not know?

Yeah. This may sound crazy, but I broke my hip, and walked around on it for 4 months before the doctors figured it out. Oh, it hurt like hell, but they kept telling me it was my knee. The pain did dull after a while, but I couldn't walk very far without some pain coming back. When I got drunk, though, I could walk a lot farther! lol :D Once they figured it out, a little surgery and rehab, and bam! All fixed! :D

So glad you can still run! I can't imagine that not hurting under the force of running! XD ouch!

Good luck to ya!

Oh, I broke my toe this summer (second toe broken in lifetime) and I definitely knew it. I'm glad yours doesn't hurt you. I hope it stays that way, especially since there is close to nil to be done for it (unless somehow it breaks through the skin).

Since nothing can be done about broken toes (poor toes!), wouldn't they set weird if they were being walked on, or ran on too much? Wouldn't you end up with a side toe, instead of straight one? :shock:

Since nothing can be done about broken toes (poor toes!), wouldn't they set weird if they were being walked on, or ran on too much? Wouldn't you end up with a side toe, instead of straight one? :shock:

Yes, they can be distorted. That's why, if anything, especially because splinting is so difficult, you tape it to the neighboring toe.