Poll for Oct. 30th at CC

d:konstruct

Sorry, I've been a bit testy lately.

But I figured with certain people pulling others into a spot light to get in arguments over idiotic things, it probably got to me a little.

I'm leaving this thread for a while, though. Only pisses me off. Hope everything is figured out.

All is good, I personally have been the same lately:) Hugs to you.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my opinion.... I think we need to step back and lay off the ego juice for a few seconds. I'd hate to see someones hard drive fry and more music have to be stolen because all is lost and their traktor is gone!

Here's is what I know.... I know that the collective events have brought 100 to 200 more people into CC on the nights they took place compared to normal CC nights... that's a plus. I know that even though I agree to a point of the fetish thing being overplayed... its the really shitty amateur crap that is bad. Done right, with the right music, leaving a lot to the imagination and well rehearsed... fetish nights are normally good. I also know that my fetish nights I put on, on my nights I ran attracted more DGN and CC goers than any other night we had. Suspensions and fire acts took a close second. Just because there are 3 or 4 people vocal about "not" liking it doesn't mean that is the majority opinion. There's a reason why fetish nights attract more folks. (I just can't stand the fetish groups that think beating the hell out of someone is fetish and exciting)

I think the themed nights have done well and people seem to have liked them to the point they are always asking when is the next one? What are the collective going to do next. So keeping it themed works and is good for everyone... no one said you had to stick to it and participate... do or don't.. it's you're choice.

I'm not exactly sure what the "DJ's" have to worry about at CC except whether or not the next track they play is going to crowd or empty the floor. I do know the Collective has to sit on both sides of the isle of fun VS business. We have to make it fun so everyone will come back VS we have to think about profit and attendance or we wont have a venue for you to come back too. It's a hard balancing act.

I think some amount of respect needs to be given to the Collective considering they are trying to unite this scene (which it is deeply divided) and bring attention to this scene which goes under-appreciated most of the time. I have seen more than enough... people bitching and cutting them down and not really giving them a chance. These people are out there promoting the crap out of what they do and drawing attention... more than what I have seen in my 15 years in and around this (Detroit) "scene".

My rant here is about more than this thread... I'm seriously tired of hearing the bitching all over, on these threads, at clubs and in real life from people that don't do anything but show up... and complain. I mean if it's really that bad... throw on that white Izod and plaid shorts and go to the other side. In the mean time... let us have our fun... and you're all invited.

:respect::clap:

How would you guys feel about live bands. We are thinking maybe of having Faith and the Muse, Bella Morte, D:Konstruct, and Servitor Sanctum 7.

OMG! You read my mind in getting Faith and the Muse and Servitor Sanctum together! If they haven't already met, I have this strange feeling that the need to. D:Konstruct kicks ass, so I would love to see you guys again, too! Having all of the above bands together would be an epic show for me!!

How would everyone feel if the Ballroom was open on a regular basis as an old school gothic club counterpart to the main CC area? In other words, we can play old school stuff/retro/etc in the Ballroom, add some couches, ambience and have that as a balance to the main CC area were you play industrial new and old/electro/ebm/noise. We could open up the other bar outside the Ballroom to free up congestion and give people in the club more space.

But the Ballroom could be a gothic lounge of sorts similar to the Lab or Ascension UK. We could set up a video projector showing goth videos or weird horror movies.

Love this idea, too!! :thumbsup:

And Evil Fish~TOTALLY agree with you!!! :jamin

These nights should once again be focusing on the most important thing THE MUSIC. Seriously, haven't we all had enough of these idiotic theme nights from zombie bikini bashes and fire breathing to stupid circus sideshows to vagina/cock displays and whatever else they claim to be obscene and extreme? Every single one of these is FAILing more than the one before it. Every time one of these events takes place it pushes more people away that simply want to come out, dance and hear good music with whatever other silliness is scheduled. Is there really a need for the over stimulation of additional elements all the time? This scene's very sadly becoming more about the fashion and the party aspect. The fetish scene seems to want attention for their antics and could care less about the music scene (as clearly evidence by Maiden Detroit at Corktown Festival) whereas the music scene often opens it's doors for these distractions only to get burned as a result.

Bring in live bands

Do old school nights

Do a rave music night without the rave theme. People would dance to early Prodigy, T-99, Alter 8, 808 State, etc..

Do an exclusive Wax Trax, Nettwork, Play it Again Sam or 4ad, Creation, Factory, Mute records, etc... night.

Do a noise night

The music matters most, not the other shit...

+9999999999999999999999999

• 2 weeks later...

A little confused...I knew a band was happening, but I thought there were no performances...I saw performers on the flyer -_-

Are they doing there thing during gothsicles or are we going to have to crack the night up with those... Please keep the DJ's in the know...

Also, having a few flyers to help promote would be cool :)

Edited by DJ Nocker