well damn

lordkraven

well i guess noone liked my poems i posted them over a month ago and not one post on any of them oh well just venting dont mind me. anyways if you would like to view or comment on them there are four of them posted in the your creations section of this site feel free to check them out and let me know what you think of them :cheers:

you'll notice that your poems had between 53 - 111 views (some of which, i'm sure, are repeat viewers). quite often, people just read and appreciate, without making comment; that doesn't mean they don't/didn't like it. would you like some feedback? it's hard for us to know if feedback is welcome. if you do, please say so in your posts! don't ever take the lack of comments personally though, ok? when a piece captures someone's attention, they'll comment on it! :)

I am one of those people who happened upon reading them, but i wasnt really certain of what i could say to provide a constructive critique of them, so i didnt say anything at all... ?

i just want to be clear i was not complaining just vent i know people have read them i just like to know what people think of my work it helps me to know what im doing right and what im doing wrong i do appreciate each and every person who viewed them regardless even if they did not comment thank you all for viewing my work

I'm not a good poet but I have a decent eye for good poems. To give constructive criticism, I would say your poetry is too common sounding. I recommend reading stuff from: http://www.poets.org/ On top of writing, you have to read masters to write like masters.

As an example I read a lot of classic literature and here's something I wrote out of nowhere last week.

What's left of the pulpit sticks up like oversized splinters in front of a crudely dressed man whose eyes are filled with a primal awareness. The corpses are seated in the very front smelling far from the indication of their dress. Their jaws dropping and skulls jutting against busted stained-glass windows of relics and ascetics. The wind is getting colder and the sunlight dimmer through those windows, while the front-stage cross hangs tilted with hornets that do not bother him.

He flips through his book with a delicacy he would not offer any living thing. The consistent, violent pounding on the arched doorway leaves him little time. The pages are centuries, the ink and binding misanthropic. His eyes come to rest on symbols less faded than his own blur of existence, and his chin rises with a prescience to greet his animation.

I'm not a good poet but I have a decent eye for good poems. To give constructive criticism, I would say your poetry is too common sounding. I recommend reading stuff from: http://www.poets.org/ On top of writing, you have to read masters to write like masters.

As an example I read a lot of classic literature and here's something I wrote out of nowhere last week.

thanx for the advise. :cheers: i have been writing poetry ever since i died in a car accident in 96 and yes i know they do tend to sound a little common but thats just the way they tend to come to me i write them as they appear in my mind. and so you know that poem you wrote i enjoyed reading that it was quite good :respect:

Edited by lordkraven

thanx for the advise. :cheers: i have been writing poetry ever since i died in a car accident in 96 and yes i know they do tend to sound a little common but thats just the way they tend to come to me i write them as they appear in my mind. and so you know that poem you wrote i enjoyed reading that it was quite good :respect:

I see. I'm just saying practice makes perfect and the best people to learn from are oftentimes treasured by or are literary "snobs." If your talking about the excerpt above that was prose/fiction, and thank you!