Drummer needed

Post Modern Prometheus

seeking drummer for newly formed band. Right now we are just workin on putting everything together (but it's a lil bit difficult without a drummer) so if interested PM us. Thanks!

kat - Vocals

slogo - Guitar

Lord of Sins - Bass

Intrinsic - Synth

???????? - Drums (This is where you come in)

-------> :band (that's you)

Right now we are working on a cover of Bullet but my influences are Otep, Jack off Jill. I am really flexible when it comes to music. We are really just hashing things out right now but because we don't have a drummer it is a bit difficult. Can you play drums for us Eternal? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

Instead of deciding what style we are, we're just letting the style develop, regardless of what we say it's going to be.

My influences are of such a great number.

I'm a progressive, speed, melodic, industrial guitar player, infused with jazz, blues, classical and punk

Right now we are working on a cover of Bullet but my influences are Otep, Jack off Jill. I am really flexible when it comes to music. We are really just hashing things out right now but because we don't have a drummer it is a bit difficult. Can you play drums for us Eternal? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

I'd love to, if I knew how.

I mean it would be so convenient as I just now realized that your location is

chained up in my closet

(How is it in there any way? Are you comfortable? Need some water?)

I think the best I could do is Ian Curtis-style back up vocals.

OR

I could do THIS

morecowbell.jpg

BTW kat, do you listen to the riotgrrls?

I used to eat up all those female punk bands like college-kid-on-ramen in the late 90s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjKgiTzLPMs

Sadly, since many of them were lesbian feminist activists, they organized a protest against me,

after which I was forced to stop eating them up :X

LOL Eternal, I have never listened to them but I will have to check them out for sure. I was always into jazzy/blues style singing but the lyrics I write really don't fit that style.

As far as the closet goes, Bean waters me and makes sure I get plenty of sunlight, thanks Bean:)

Edited by kat

LOL Eternal, I have never listened to them but I will have to check them out for sure. I was always into jazzy/blues style singing but the lyrics I write really don't fit that style.

Yah, Jack off Jill were in a subgenre of their own. They were around the same time and wrote lyrics like riot grrls (and I suppose Otep) --- pro-women, political, tough, but were the only 90s grrl band that was goth flavored, as opposed to punk flavored.

-------------

Hey, put up an ad at the local independent record stores. There's one on Woodward in Royal Oak and my favorite is Flipside, which is next to the Black Lotus at 14 mile and Main in Clawson.

Don't forget Craigslist.

As someone who has been the lead singer of a few bands back in the day...lemme wish you luck on finding a drummer who will stick around and not get arrested for doing lines of coke off of urinals in the bathroom at whatever gig you happen to be playing :tongue:. Drummers are, generally, a uhmm...wild and unpredictable lot :rofl:. That's just my personal experience, a necessary "evil" if you will :laugh:.

As someone who has been the lead singer of a few bands back in the day...lemme wish you luck on finding a drummer who will stick around and not get arrested for doing lines of coke off of urinals in the bathroom at whatever gig you happen to be playing :tongue:. Drummers are, generally, a uhmm...wild and unpredictable lot :rofl:. That's just my personal experience, a necessary "evil" if you will :laugh:.

I have no idea what you're talking about..

muppets-animal.jpg

lol, a drum machine? That's not enough. If you really want to compete in today's dog eat dog industrial-ish world full of instrument virtuosos, what you really need is a drum machine, and a bloke with excessive tattoos and floppy hair who leans on his floor tom a lot to look cool while the drum machine does all of the work.

You don't need a drummer, you just need a guy that looks cool. The entire genre of listeners will think he's a phenomenon as they've been exclusively listening to shit drums for 20 years, but at least this guy looks cool and a drum machine never misses a beat.