City Club Poll for new night Sunday or Tuesday?

d:konstruct

There is a very strong possibility of a new night opening at CC starting in June. It will be an old school goth/retro, dark 80's night with some industrial thrown in as well. My question to you is if we had to choose between two nights, which would you prefer? We could have a Tuesday night or an early Sunday so people could have time to get some rest before Monday morning. The reason being for Tuesday and or Sunday is due to the fact that we don't want to compete or offend other people who are running a weekly night someplace else like Necto, Rewired, or New Way bar. Members of the Collective crew have also been going down to CC every week to work on fixing the sound system as well. What kind of hours would be good for such an event as well? Please send me some feedback asap on what you would like as we are doing this for the CC patrons and want people to actually come out to the event which would also be weekly.

Tuesday or Sunday?

thank you,

robert

Collective Director

D:Konstruct

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me personally, neither.

Sundays I generally reserve for recovering from Saturday night and I already go out enough during the week. Mondays and Wednesdays are my nights during the week to head out.

Just my situation though.

Well, that and I have 0 interest in going to City on a night other than Friday nights anyway.

Edited by Raev

Would it really be an old school night? I would totally try to snag a guest DJ spot...

wait...

....Wont matter for me either, I dont go there -_-

ugh why cant you do it at a place that ISNT CITY CLUB?

Robert, what would really help, is for them, to replace the system, & hang things on the wall, to buff the sound waves...scratch that, it must be done in the reverse order...I'm just sayin'...I can't even walk in the building, so it doesn't really matter to me anymore, just throwin' me 2c in.

Raev, yes..they did, about 8-9 years ago..but, Lab was open, & you could goto them both...it was a super cool vamp game in the basement...

Ooooo! This sounds very enjoyable. Due to work, I would have to deal with not staying out too late on either day, so it could be Sunday, or Tuesday for my situation. On second thought, I agree with Raev. Sunday's are kind of reserved for recovery, rest, and relaxation. :) So I guess I favor Tuesdays.

I also like the idea of opening the Lab again, but from what I have heard, there are a ton of problems with the space. What about The Ritz? Its nothing against City Club, I'm just trying to think of closer venues. I think the Ritz also had a goth night of sorts some time ago, but it unfortunately died. :(

Hooray for trying to revive a night like this around here!

The Collective rocks!

Would it really be an old school night? I would totally try to snag a guest DJ spot...

wait...

....Wont matter for me either, I dont go there -_-

ugh why cant you do it at a place that ISNT CITY CLUB?

While I can certainly get behind an old-school goth and deathrock night it would be cool to hear some of the new stuff.

There are current goth and deathrock bands out there, folks.

Ooooo! This sounds very enjoyable. Due to work, I would have to deal with not staying out too late on either day, so it could be Sunday, or Tuesday for my situation. On second thought, I agree with Raev. Sunday's are kind of reserved for recovery, rest, and relaxation. :) So I guess I favor Tuesdays.

I also like the idea of opening the Lab again, but from what I have heard, there are a ton of problems with the space. What about The Ritz? Its nothing against City Club, I'm just trying to think of closer venues. I think the Ritz also had a goth night of sorts some time ago, but it unfortunately died. :(

Hooray for trying to revive a night like this around here!

The Collective rocks!

nonononono on the ritz. They have tried goth nights there for the past 5 years on and off I think, and NONE of them worked. Bad location for most people, and not to mention how shaddy the bar is [ i worked there ]

... I Say re-open the lab too and build it up a little? ... Oh... And empty the water out of it..lol

Yea, The Ritz was pretty lame, bunch of industrial metal heads... I guest DJ'd there and got bitched at for playing siouxsie...

@ Deadcat...Im aware that there is new stuff -_-

I doubt as many people would go to the lab as people are saying, I did "Censor Thursdays" down there for a while with Wilhelm, and it didnt go to well. It is pretty bad down there right now, would take some cleaning...lots of cleaning...

Yea, The Ritz was pretty lame, bunch of industrial metal heads... I guest DJ'd there and got bitched at for playing siouxsie...

@ Deadcat...Im aware that there is new stuff -_-

I doubt as many people would go to the lab as people are saying, I did "Censor Thursdays" down there for a while with Wilhelm, and it didnt go to well. It is pretty bad down there right now, would take some cleaning...lots of cleaning...

Oh, you know I know that, Nocker. :wink

And you and Deadbeat are the only ones playing the newer stuff. :)

Bitched at for playing Siouxie??? I would have to choke people who did that. Siouxie RULES

MOAR TYPE O AND MINISTRY RAWR! was what I remember coming after that. Which I like those bands but...come on..