CJAM Radio, 99.1FM and my Role in it.

Hollywood

I used to work for the local University's radio station called CJAM. They play non-mainstream music and discuss topics not talked about on the other radio stations. I am now back to work with them and in the near future I will be hosting my own radio show that will be playing EBM, industrial and other genres of music that I am sure most of us here find entertaining.

Only one issue, my music collection has shrunk do to some computer issues, so anyone here have some suggestions? Either post here or email me some requests to my email, which is on my profile. Thanks and hopefully we can all enjoy this!

I used to work for the local University's radio station called CJAM. They play non-mainstream music and discuss topics not talked about on the other radio stations. I am now back to work with them and in the near future I will be hosting my own radio show that will be playing EBM, industrial and other genres of music that I am sure most of us here find entertaining.

Only one issue, my music collection has shrunk do to some computer issues, so anyone here have some suggestions? Either post here or email me some requests to my email, which is on my profile. Thanks and hopefully we can all enjoy this!

I will gladly give some ideas, but it depends on what you are looking for, im guessing mostly EBM...? You should play some actual goth/industrial to..it would make me happy.

Play Joy Division, thats all you need...heh

Good luck OP. I've been doing a show for about a year now on HFCC's volunteer station playing Goth, 80s, Synthpop, New Wave, EBM, Electro, and Industrial.

Post some of the genres and I'll be happy to recommend some suggestions.

Cool. My old GF Jill used to do the Doomsday Machine program on CJAM many many years ago. I did a few guest spots in there and my old band often previewed tracks on the show. CJAMs got a nice history of doing industrial shows from Mark Laliberte's "Technical Chaos" in the late 80's/early 90's on up to Russ Burdick's "Mind Over Acid" program. Nice to see things continuing.

When Jill was there the station used to get servicing from a ton of the industrial labels (Metropolis, art of fact, COP, and more). Check the music library and then get in touch again with those labels. If they are not servicing the station anymore they'd probably begin to again quickly having so much familiarity with the station already.

Best of luck to you and the show!

do y'all stream your audio?

Yes, it is on the website which I will get to you when the show is up, right now they do not have anything in the genre of music.

And Joey, yes, back in I believe 2009 they moved up the dial from 95.1 to 99.1 because "The Rock" was pushing them out.

Yes, it is on the website which I will get to you when the show is up, right now they do not have anything in the genre of music.

And Joey, yes, back in I believe 2009 they moved up the dial from 95.1 to 99.1 because "The Rock" was pushing them out.

!

Had been listening to CJAM for many years since I was 13; over the past few years, hadn't tuned in often except for Slim Gene's Jump, Cat, Jump show from time to time.