This Friday 04.16.10 @ City Club! FREE ADMISSION

I will be there celebrating. I just found out that I didn't lose my job. Many of my co-workers got laid off and I dodged the bullet. I am ready to party. If you see me out and say "chewbacca is sexy", I will buy you a drink:)

see you tonight!

Chewbacca is pretty sexy but it's Boba Fett that does it for me!!! :swoon

Fan-fucking tastic night. Sorry you missed out on all the afterhours fun, Tyger...Type O and several other olden goodies were played around 3:30 that night <3.

Lots of new stuff from Saint (waiting patiently on that playlist). All in all, the usual picks were kept to a gross minimum (no "oh god, not this song again" selections, imho).

First night hearing Aaron DJ as well.

Brief technical difficulties during the first shift change at the booth, but help was on hand and the floor was soon serenaded with "Der Leiermann" (special speakers all most up and working remix that one could only hear on this one night).

Speaking of one night specials, I am convinced that Goth-cards were being handed out to all who attended...so if you had yours revoked through some strange mishap, this night was your only shot at redemption :p

Fan-fucking tastic night. Sorry you missed out on all the afterhours fun, Tyger...Type O and several other olden goodies were played around 3:30 that night <3.

Lots of new stuff from Saint (waiting patiently on that playlist). All in all, the usual picks were kept to a gross minimum (no "oh god, not this song again" selections, imho).

Agreed, there were some rough spots but overall I thought it was a great night. Well, I think I started to crash about 1:45, so up to that point at least. I heard very little of the stuff I'm really familiar with. I remember at least 3 things I need to ID on the playlist. :)

Speaking of one night specials, I am convinced that Goth-cards were being handed out to all who attended...so if you had yours revoked through some strange mishap, this night was your only shot at redemption :p

Damn. Considering I never had one to begin with, I don't know that I would have required getting a new one. I guess I'll stick with the Nerd and Geek cards that I carry around and just goth live vicariously through others.

Apologies on my part for the one flub up on "Chrome". I played the regular CD version rather than the longer mix I edited (and I prefer to play). Songs playing along and then NOTHING... the CD deck had powered itself completely off (the other one was on...). Never seen that happen before. So it was just kind of a WTF moment, hit play on the other deck, realize "Oops I'm human" and move on... The decks and sound system are haunted I tell ya!

I'll let Aaron tell the tales of the rest of the night... He works off a different set up.

Anyways, theres been a lot of conversation about the sound system in City between the DJ's and 1 part of management. We're looking into some options and will hopefully be replacing things. It's been a long time coming and necessary. Might have to do a fundraising effort of some sort. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks for being understanding Friday with the sound issues.