Industrial recomendations?

Raev

These days, the industrial I hear bores me. I haven't heard anything I've liked from the genre in years now. To me, most Industrial sounds like uninspired people using simplistic beats, sound effects from an Atari and clips from old movies *cough*Combichrist*cough*. Ugh!

I miss some of the old industrial that had an original and aggressive edge to it. Energy to it. When I trained, I would kick on some industrial and go at it. I've started training for a fight again (competition), after a handful of years away from it....and I need some music to crank that will help keep intensity up!

So - to our DJs, musicians, music lovers, freaks, weirdos, lurkers, goths, rivet heads, punks, hippies, democrats, republicans, libertarians, pastafarians and anyone else I've missed....throw some suggestions my way!

A few older things that have a great energy to them from beginning to end and may be good training music

Contagion - Containment PCB (like Nitzer Ebb and Front Line rolled into one)

http://www.pcbproductions.com/contagion/MainFrame.htm

Final Cut - Consumed (Detroit based band at one point signed to Nettwork)

http://www.discogs.com/Final-Cut-The-Consumed/release/99844

Cubanate - Antimatter or Cyberia (UK based band that was 50% electronics and 50% guitar. I hear tracks like Body Burn or Oxyacetaline and I wanna beat somebodies ass - LOL)

http://www.myspace.com/cubanate

maybe something there you'll like...

Nitzer ebb (not a bad workout jam)

Revolting Cocks

Ministry

Thrill Kill Kult

Sometimes I feel like mixing a cd and giving it to Barry because I'm sick of hearing some of the music we listen to during KM. If I hear "let the bodies hit the floor" one more time.......well, nevermind.

Prometheus Burning. Both of the peeples in the band have a great sense of rhythm so it lends to a pretty engaging listening experience. Their live shows really have a way of building up and being pretty theatrical.

No oontz no atari sounds either. The board they made for all of their synth boxes and circuit bendy stuff is a monster. It can kill people and shit.

I'm also biased.

Prometheus Burning. Both of the peeples in the band have a great sense of rhythm so it lends to a pretty engaging listening experience. Their live shows really have a way of building up and being pretty theatrical.

No oontz no atari sounds either. The board they made for all of their synth boxes and circuit bendy stuff is a monster. It can kill people and shit.

I'm also biased.

I second Mean Salley's recommendation on ProBurn. Their last CD "Plague Called HuMANity" was what industrial would be like had trance, synthpop, oontz and atari sounds not invaded. I also really liked the remix CD "nBoyde raRepi". They've got a new CD in the works and from a few who have heard it they are reporting it blows away "Plague".

A few older things that have a great energy to them from beginning to end and may be good training music

Contagion - Containment PCB (like Nitzer Ebb and Front Line rolled into one)

http://www.pcbproductions.com/contagion/MainFrame.htm

Final Cut - Consumed (Detroit based band at one point signed to Nettwork)

http://www.discogs.com/Final-Cut-The-Consumed/release/99844

Cubanate - Antimatter or Cyberia (UK based band that was 50% electronics and 50% guitar. I hear tracks like Body Burn or Oxyacetaline and I wanna beat somebodies ass - LOL)

http://www.myspace.com/cubanate

maybe something there you'll like...

I like SAINT.... what he said

A few recommendations for those tired of the "usual" EBM --combichristish--vnv--oontz---thud thud I have a laptop--music.

Pop Will Eat Itself - dos dedos mis amigos (Thrash, Electronics, Hip Hop, New Wave, Psychedelic, all at once)

Machines Of Loving Grace - Concentration (Bluesy, Thrashy, Electro Rock... From Tuscon AZ, But has a very City of Chicago feel)

Interlace - Imago (Truely dark stuff, edgy and bleak sounding, Electro and rhythmic based without the repetitive club feel, INDUSTRIAL ELECTRO at its core).

heir last CD "Plague Called HuMANity" was what industrial would be like had trance, synthpop, oontz and atari sounds not invaded.

This comment alone has me excited to hear them haha. Youtube and I shall be spending quality time together after work.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far! I love listening to new mooziks!

• 2 weeks later...

Right now my favorite aggressive Industrial bands are:

Eden Synthetic Corps - New album coming soon but I would recommend Enhancer

Xentrifuge - Their latest album Converting Infinity is really good

Agonoize - Hard to recommend just a single album as they have many with many good songs.

If anything check out their MySpace pages.

Edited by MyViolentMachine

Right now my favorite aggressive Industrial bands are:

Eden Synthetic Corps - New album coming soon but I would recommend Enhancer

Xentrifuge - Their latest album Converting Infinity is really good

Agonoize - Hard to recommend just a single album as they have many with many good songs.

If anything check out their MySpace pages.

Just read about that new ESC last night actually. Very much looking forward to that one and I expect to play it.

Xentrifuge - I've played in the past and nobody took much notice. May have to try again with them.

Agonoize - agreed, some excellent stuff and even some of the remixes they've done for others. a band deserving of more play time.

Thanks much for the recommendations.

OLD Suicide Commando (Neurosuspension goodness D:)

Terrofakt

Voltaire (isnt industrial but always good for a laugh)

Subway to Sally (Violins meet hard rock/metal)

OLD suicide commando is always good, but Johan just put out a new CD and the tracks on that are still very fresh (ie: "God is In The Rain", "Die Motherfucker Die")

Terrorfakt - love the band, one of my best friends too. Will gladly play them, but you people need to stay out on the dancefloor for them ;)

Voltaire and Subway to Sally- not so much my thing but maybe another DJ would play them. I just perk up/reply in regards to genre's/styles I'm familiar with (not saying I won't venture into other styles mind you... but I got my niche)

Thanks for the recommendations. Be well!

D'oh - I totally thought this thread was the "What would you like to hear the DJ's play" thread... LOL... I'm a dumbass, but yeah Raev these suggestions are worth checking out.

Well, it is...sorta...only this thread is more of a "DJs, what would you like to hear people start requesting/taking notice of"? :wink