Pawn shops, flea markets, etc

Raev

Ok, I'll admit it. I love hitting pawn shops and flea markets. I like looking for eclectic little goodies and hidden treasures. Anyone else? If so, share your favorite places.

One that I tend to hit regularly is the Taylor Town flea market. It has no regulations on what can and can't be sold there, so you can find REALLY interesting items from time to time. You just have to be willing to sort through a LOT of junk to find your treasures. For those who like to collect things with the square-and-compass on them..for some reason this place is a gold mine. I find something EVERY time I go.

Pawn shops are also fun but I really like to avoid the ones inside of Detroit.

Ok, I'll admit it. I love hitting pawn shops and flea markets. I like looking for eclectic little goodies and hidden treasures. Anyone else? If so, share your favorite places.

One that I tend to hit regularly is the Taylor Town flea market. It has no regulations on what can and can't be sold there, so you can find REALLY interesting items from time to time. You just have to be willing to sort through a LOT of junk to find your treasures. For those who like to collect things with the square-and-compass on them..for some reason this place is a gold mine. I find something EVERY time I go.

Pawn shops are also fun but I really like to avoid the ones inside of Detroit.

Ooooh.... theres this really, really awesome antique place out here.... it's all scientific antiques, and the majority of the stuff he has *still works*.

Its like a museum in there.

Sooooo coool.....

The Royal Oak Farmer's Market has a flea market on Sundays. I just heard about the Warren flea market, Prick. Let me know if you want to hit it sometime. Er, the flea market, that is.

Where is that? I think that's RIGHT by my house.

I used to go to Gibraltar in Mt. Clemens sometimes when I was a kid. The time we usually went there was when they'd have their carnival.

I don't know if any of our local colleges do this, but I have a freind who lives by the MSU campus, and he furnished his living room with items he picked up from their salvage/resale shop. He also got a SMPTE sync device for $4.

freydis: do they ship? website? that sounds like a potential steampunk paraadise.

Edited by SpammerOvTheGods

I don't know if any of our local colleges do this, but I have a freind who lives by the MSU campus, and he furnished his living room with items he picked up from their salvage/resale shop. He also got a SMPTE sync device for $4.

The MSU salvage yard is awesome. I used to go there all the time. The had a cyclotron for sale there once.

The Royal Oak Farmer's Market has a flea market on Sundays. I just heard about the Warren flea market, Prick. Let me know if you want to hit it sometime. Er, the flea market, that is.

Damn it just the flea market eh? Ok fine

I wanna go!

I used to have a booth in taylor town :) I like gibralter but now they have to many Junk shops for my liking :/

I love Love LOVE, flea markets, yard sales, estate sales, ect.... there is also another flea market that goes on in the summers in taylor, its on middlebelt(?) inbetween pennsylvania and eureka rd.

I wanna go!

I used to have a booth in taylor town :) I like gibralter but now they have to many Junk shops for my liking :/

I love Love LOVE, flea markets, yard sales, estate sales, ect.... there is also another flea market that goes on in the summers in taylor, its on middlebelt(?) inbetween pennsylvania and eureka rd.

estate sales! a friend of mine got a full Wedgwood china service for 12 and a corresponding formal silverware (sterling!) for a combined total of $75.