"Zombie" themed stuff...

First off, let me say that I am NOT making this thread to bash people for doing "zombie" type stuff, zombie walks/parties/whatever. I dont care what you people do, what I do want to ask is...

Why did only become cool around 2/3 years ago? Zombies have been awesome since 68 (I know they were out before that with dracula, but they really came to there own with NOTLD)...and it took this long for people to start doing all this zombie stuff? Its kinda sad that this started happening only after the remake of Dawn of the Dead and the movie 28 weeks later... The trend only started after sub par movies made it a main stream thing, and I thought goth kids were all abut going against the grain...why weren't people doing this for a long time, why the sudden revival? Is it because vampires are to cliche' now and spooky kids need a new supernatural horror creature to relate to (BTW, vamps>zombies and by vamps I mean real vamps not the faggy tweenlight shit.)? Is it because we as a movie population have become desensitized and have to cover ourselves in gore to feel anything? Is it just a way to get people to come in some type of costume as apposed to saying "dress goth"? Im curious...

First off, let me say that I am NOT making this thread to bash people for doing "zombie" type stuff, zombie walks/parties/whatever. I dont care what you people do, what I do want to ask is...

Why did only become cool around 2/3 years ago? Zombies have been awesome since 68 (I know they were out before that with dracula, but they really came to there own with NOTLD)...and it took this long for people to start doing all this zombie stuff? Its kinda sad that this started happening only after the remake of Dawn of the Dead and the movie 28 weeks later... The trend only started after sub par movies made it a main stream thing, and I thought goth kids were all abut going against the grain...why weren't people doing this for a long time, why the sudden revival? Is it because vampires are to cliche' now and spooky kids need a new supernatural horror creature to relate to (BTW, vamps>zombies and by vamps I mean real vamps not the faggy tweenlight shit.)? Is it because we as a movie population have become desensitized and have to cover ourselves in gore to feel anything? Is it just a way to get people to come in some type of costume as apposed to saying "dress goth"? Im curious...

Who the fuck knows. Detroiters are just sloooooowwwww in general. Ohio is worse. Zombies are so last year. It's 2010... It's all about the Chupacabra!

Who the fuck knows. Detroiters are just sloooooowwwww in general. Ohio is worse. Zombies are so last year. It's 2010... It's all about the Chupacabra!

Seriously... I know ohio is worse, its just confusing how the midwest in general are behind the times as far as "the scene"....Chupacabra..thats an awesome idea, lol.

People dressing like Zombies are the least of our worries...it is the clothing from the 80's that should have you hiding in your basement...

If more people actually dressed like they were in the 80's at 80's nights, I would be so happy...

I never liked zombies much...I find them to be the idiots of the horror genre. I have always preferred vampires (no...not Twilight crap either)...I find vampires sexier, more intelligent and intriguing. Zombies are not interesting to me at all. I am not trying to bash either, but I am puzzled as to the popularity of zombies. Although I did enjoy the movie "Fido". :)

I never liked zombies much...I find them to be the idiots of the horror genre. I have always preferred vampires (no...not Twilight crap either)...I find vampires sexier, more intelligent and intriguing. Zombies are not interesting to me at all. I am not trying to bash either, but I am puzzled as to the popularity of zombies.

+1000

I never liked zombies much...I find them to be the idiots of the horror genre. I have always preferred vampires (no...not Twilight crap either)...I find vampires sexier, more intelligent and intriguing. Zombies are not interesting to me at all. I am not trying to bash either, but I am puzzled as to the popularity of zombies.

Ghosts were always my favorite (hence one of the reasons behind my name). Of all the supernatural type creatures, ghosts are the only one which I think may actually exist.