World Steam Expo

World Steam Expo

The Premier Steampunk event of the Midwest welcomes you one and all for an event the likes the world has yet to witness. Join us for 4 days of wonder, amazement and splendor as we cater you to an event 120 years in the making. From special guests, unique programming, concerts, contests & more. Memorial Day Weekend, 2010 in Dearborn, Michigan. In conjunction with the Henry Ford Museum & Greenfield Village. We look forward to meeting you, and your expectations.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

yep yep I SOOOOOOOO wanna go to this... Iv been gathering lil things here and there for it. not much thoe... I need more stuff.. I wish my shiney stuff didnt get lost in the mail that my sis made me :crybaby:

I KNOW!

I am so pissed it got lost....

Send me your new address, I'll make you another one, and I'm putting a tracking number on that shit.....

I think the lady in the gift shop the post office is in fucking STOLE it. Its a little gift shop, with a postal window in the back... its the closest post office to my work. I bought the padded envelope in the front, and made the mistake of showing her what I was putting in it. I bet she fucking stole it.

Edited by freydis

I have been waiting to see Abney Park for damn near ever.

I also never thought there'd ever be a SteamPunk convention anywhere near here MUCH LESS here.

Plus they've got Henry Ford Museum & Greenfield Village on their side.

Count me there.

And maybe I'll finally be able to find myself a SteamPunk outfit! I've wanted one for awhile.

• 1 month later...

Man, it's irritating as hell that there is still no schedule posted this close to the event.

I am going to have to choose only one day and I have no idea which day to choose because they still have not finalized their schedule. grrrr

I KNOW!

I am so pissed it got lost....

Send me your new address, I'll make you another one, and I'm putting a tracking number on that shit.....

I think the lady in the gift shop the post office is in fucking STOLE it. Its a little gift shop, with a postal window in the back... its the closest post office to my work. I bought the padded envelope in the front, and made the mistake of showing her what I was putting in it. I bet she fucking stole it.

Argggg if you ever see her with it tell me ill personal come kick her ass! PM with new addy on the way sis...

Pestilence classes in Rivethead Cyber-Steampunk; he will nut in his pants when I tell him about this event :peanutbutterjellytime:.

I LIKE Steampunk...it's not MY style but I do have a clear appreciation for it. I'm more Rivethead Cyber-Loli, but I'm sure I could throw something together for this. I'll give him a heads up when I get home.

Pestilence classes in Rivethead Cyber-Steampunk; he will nut in his pants when I tell him about this event :peanutbutterjellytime:.

I LIKE Steampunk...it's not MY style but I do have a clear appreciation for it. I'm more Rivethead Cyber-Loli, but I'm sure I could throw something together for this. I'll give him a heads up when I get home.

I currently have no plans for that weekend...so I may check it out. I've never been to it before.

But then again I've never been to DEMF either... :laugh:

We'll see.

I would say Steampunk Expo. The only thing DEMF will do for you is cause you to cry when you realize that your wallet got unnecessarily raped for a little kiddy party that ends at like fucking...what nine now? What time do all the teeny boppers need to be home so they won't be grounded?

Srsly...valuable hours of your life you will never be able to recover. DEMF USED to be the best event in Detroit...now I'm ashamed it's even in our city.

I would say Steampunk Expo. The only thing DEMF will do for you is cause you to cry when you realize that your wallet got unnecessarily raped for a little kiddy party that ends at like fucking...what nine now? What time do all the teeny boppers need to be home so they won't be grounded?

Srsly...valuable hours of your life you will never be able to recover. DEMF USED to be the best event in Detroit...now I'm ashamed it's even in our city.

it ends the same time it always did - midnight each night. :)

Eevee: Movement's 3 days, this expo's 2. if you got the cash, hit both.

it ends the same time it always did - midnight each night. :)

Then why have they been kicking people out at like..10? I r confused Chernobyl :unsure:

Then why have they been kicking people out at like..10? I r confused Chernobyl :unsure:

Maybe they kicked you out at 10 for not being cool :p

it ends at 12, and then after parties are all over the place.

Yesh, I quite remember you rant about DEMF the first day we met. :p

Yeah, I'd definitely like to hit up both. I think the Steampunk Expo is a little higher on my list then DEMF is...because I think I'd really enjoy seeing everything when there.

I wonder when Abney Park is playing. They are one of my sole reasons for going. I'll be glad when there's a schedule.

yeah me too.

According to their myspace page it's

Friday May 28 2010 6:00P

Hyatt Regency Dearborn at Fairlane Town Center

http://www.myspace.com/abneypark

Wish it wasn't so damn early on a Friday. No way can I make that drive and be there in time to see them. They couldn't have picked a worse time for those of us who aren't right there in town :(

yeah me too.

According to their myspace page it's

Friday May 28 2010 6:00P

Hyatt Regency Dearborn at Fairlane Town Center

http://www.myspace.com/abneypark

Wish it wasn't so damn early on a Friday. No way can I make that drive and be there in time to see them. They couldn't have picked a worse time for those of us who aren't right there in town :(

Oh thanks for the info. I agree that's too damn early. Hopefully being at work won't be a factor.