Weekly DGN hangout night?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so we have a line up of hosts... should we now poll whos first and when?

I find Sunday afternoons around 5-6 to work well. If people bring a small dish- we get bonus snackage with our conversation. We could do themes like boardgame night, movie night, dress like your favorite fictional character, etc.

I find Sunday afternoons around 5-6 to work well. If people bring a small dish- we get bonus snackage with our conversation. We could do themes like boardgame night, movie night, dress like your favorite fictional character, etc.

I'm thinking we need to keep planning and "formal" activities to an absolute minimum. Just provide a place for people to hang out and let things play out as guests arrive. There will be too much variability anyways and part of the idea, as I imagined it, was that it be kept as informal as possible. I think there needs to be some long-ish term stability to the schedule (No necessarily to the hosts but that would be good too) So people know it's coming and can count on it weekly. I'm thinking, also, that the night can vary week to week but that it's the same every month, so people that have different schedules can attend at least one or two.

Late Sundays work for me on weekends I don't have my kids. I can host or just show up then. I can host a Monday or Friday one too.

i would love to host one of these nights however i do have my daughter so it would have to only be open to kid friendly people and out by ten at the latest but it would give me a chance to interact with others and not have to find a sitter which is sometimes a very hard thing to do.

OK... We have lots of possible hosts. I'm thinking as long as people were willing to commit to having one or two nights per month that they could do this, we could have multiple evenings per week for people to go to. If everyone here who has expressed interest in hosting would list the days and times that they could commit to for the next 3-6 months, I'll compile a list and add the dates to the DGN calendar to get things going asap. For simplicities sake, I would not expect the host to provide anything more then a place to hang out, bathroom and water.

List away!

Me: Sunday evenings without my girls - every other week. 5pm - 9 or 10pm

I could potentially do Fridays of the same weekend, slightly later. Thinking Mondays are not good for me because I sometimes have videoconferences with Japan at work.

I work a pretty wacky schedule, so if the days vary it won't hurt me. But, I prefer to host on a Sunday.

My house isn't big enough for kids and the little boogers (nephew included) always end up getting into things they shouldn't at the house- or trying to play with Sid (he's really not good with kids). I've learned- small parrot = scarrier than kid.

:unsure:

:rofl: do u have any pets?.. be-careful with the dissection equipment..

No pets. I would love a tropical freshwater 35-50gallon acrylic flat-back hexagonal aquarium with lots of freshwater tropical fish. For meditative purposes.

rofl.gif

Got a lot of stuff from a lab that shut down years ago. You should see the stuff I gave to my LARP group back in DC.

ya know, I'd be up for this... except a few things that get in the way... one, my piggish room mates that hardly ever do anything... another thing: my room mate's three potbellied pigs... and lastly, my room... its tiny as hell... its 9x10, contains one full size mattress, and one gigantic pile of dirty clothes, because we don't have an in-house washer or dryer, and its hard as hell to wash any amount of clothes in one's bath tub..

*sigh*

yeah.. this is why I'm always lonely (other than DFN being over here), and shy away from people coming over, because I'm too embarrassed to have people over... (don't get me wrong, I'd love company!) not only that... but gas is next to zilch.

I love you guys, great idea, though lol