what scene/idea scares you most?

...it starts like this:

French Scientists Working to Create Swine-Bird Superflu

Looking toward the worst case scenario for the swine flu pandemic, virologists in Lyon are attempting to create a virus as contagious as swine flu and as deadly as avian flu. Is it time to call in Bruce Willis yet?

Researchers at the Jean Mérieux/INSERM facility in Lyon, France, are working with the highly contagious H1N1 virus and its more lethal relation H5N1, better known as the avian flu. The scientists are attempting to determine if H1N1 could reassort with H5N1, blending their genetic material, and whether a resulting virus could have the worst traits of the original viruses.

There's a method behind creating this superflu. The facility has been working to anticipate the path current and future pandemics might take so that precautions and treatments can be developed. The team is attempting to determine when reassortment between the two viruses would produce a viable product, and which reassortments — if any — are likely to occur.

Jean Mérieux/INSERM is a biosecurity level four facility, and the researchers must wear spacesuit-like hazmat attire when in the lab, but the researchers must watch out for scratches and bites from the mice and ferrets used to test the virulence and transmissibility of the viruses.

...there are many things that can hapen when you fuck around with the 'anthrax-leprosy-mu'...

...just ask Don Federico “Banana Nose” Maldonado....

FNORD

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the violence and suggestions of violence in Ichi the Killer make me cringe.

i watched that one night on the TV near the bed at CC one day cuz it was a sloooooooow door shift...i remember one scene were they have a girl get on her knees pull out her breasts and place them on a table and take two small clamps...hook them to each nipple with some string and pull them out and then run a strait razor and cut them off >.<

for me...its only REALLY half for the gore, blood, guts and what not...and three quarters for the psychology of it...but i would have to say saw,...becuase you get a smart enough man...and all that shit is possible

I tend to like supernatural horror films that deal with hauntings, possession and stuff like that so the idea of something supernatural happening to me out of nowhere scares the bejeezus out of me. I also watch too many things on aliens and if something weird were to happen and the thought of aliens possibly coming to take over popped into my mind, I'd probably be scared out of my pants.

• 1 month later...

There is something a little creepy about 'body farms,' where anthropologists study human decay.

A properly done live-action Gantz would be messed up to say the least.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Hopefully these will be decent and paced right.

http://www.nipponcinema.com/blog/2-live-action-gantz-movies-coming-in-2011/

Edited by Scales

• 2 weeks later...

I frighten easily so anything will work...but Dead Silence was one of the worst I can't even get close to any sort of doll even in the damn daylight!

Also, Knocked Up was a scary movie...I am afraid to hook up with random chicks at the bar and when I do I can't answer my phone for a week...

Harlan Ellison's I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream... :shock:

Oh for sure... the endless-torment thing is horrifying. Whatever ungodly things a human does to you, they can only keep it going so long ya know? And it's worse in that story because of the whole body-horror thing at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

The Vanishing. Being buried alive has to undoubtedly be a horrifying way to perish. And not knowing what happened to her on that unfaithful day makes it seem that sad and scary at the same time.

Session 9. This movie is beyond creepy. Not scary, just it gives you that feeling that they didn't need any ghosts to make it scary, the plot thickens itself.

I agree with Event Horizon knowing all your fears, but not only that, injecting your mind with disturbing thoughts too.

I can't even bring myself to watch Requiem For A Dream, as I've been told stories how it has seriously messed some people up.

The last scene in Stephen King's The Mist left me feeling empty inside after he kills his son and the two other people. Wow.