What's the last movie you saw?

because anton chigurh is freaking awesome

Yeah (Javier Bardem) did do a good job, in the book he is a little bit more like the boogeyman, but he did about as good I think is humanly possible without extensive special effects (which would have screwed things up i think). Was pretty impressive. (seriously)

He was in Before Night Falls, although I didn't realize it was him. Looks a lot different. Reminds me of Daniel Day Leiws in that sort of "transformational" way. (My Left Foot (small Crippled guy), The Last of the Mohicans (buffed stud action hero), There Will Be Blood (brooding, middle aged character actor). Doesn't even seem like the same human being. (yes I watch way too many movies)

Random aside 1.0: I've read both No Country For Old Men and The Road (both by Cormac McCarthy) both are very bleak, The Road , I've not seen, its on my list , just haven't gotten to it yet. The book, I don't think it gets much more bleak. Starts out bleak and just gets worse for 300 pages. Its good, but not a "good time" book, at all, ever. I've heard McCarthy

Random Aside 2.0: (not so seriously) I was disapointed that the academy skipped over Summer Camp 2.

The boobs in SC2 were very well displayed (at the boobie fest they were having in the middle of the woods for no apparent reason) do a great job in Summer Camp 2... not so many good reviews for that one... what the heck??? No oscar??

Yeah (Javier Bardem) did do a good job, in the book he is a little bit more like the boogeyman, but he did about as good I think is humanly possible without extensive special effects (which would have screwed things up i think). Was pretty impressive. (seriously)

He was in Before Night Falls, although I didn't realize it was him. Looks a lot different. Reminds me of Daniel Day Leiws in that sort of "transformational" way. (My Left Foot (small Crippled guy), The Last of the Mohicans (buffed stud action hero), There Will Be Blood (brooding, middle aged character actor). Doesn't even seem like the same human being. (yes I watch way too many movies)

Random aside 1.0: I've read both No Country For Old Men and The Road (both by Cormac McCarthy) both are very bleak, The Road , I've not seen, its on my list , just haven't gotten to it yet. The book, I don't think it gets much more bleak. Starts out bleak and just gets worse for 300 pages. Its good, but not a "good time" book, at all, ever. I've heard McCarthy

Random Aside 2.0: (not so seriously) I was disapointed that the academy skipped over Summer Camp 2.

The boobs in SC2 were very well displayed (at the boobie fest they were having in the middle of the woods for no apparent reason) do a great job in Summer Camp 2... not so many good reviews for that one... what the heck??? No oscar??

Oh you read the book well that makes sense movies are never as good! I really would like to read no country for old men just because i loved the movie so much.

Last night I saw Black Swan and Funny Games. Both trippy~

I saw black swan , never heard of "Funny Games" (goes off to google) black swan was well done, but I'm not sure I'd really "recomend" it (even though I do tend to like that kind of movie.. just SO many movies to see, I've got like 300 ahead of it in my list) hah.

Oh you read the book well that makes sense movies are never as good! I really would like to read no country for old men just because i loved the movie so much.

Have you seen The Usual Suspects ? I'm not sure what aspects of No Country drew you to it the most, but it reminded me of that movie a lot (even though its totally not the same) if you haven't seen that one I'd recomend that pretty highly as a "spirtually similar" movie I guess i'd call it, although is a litte bit more of a "good time" lets call it.

I've read a lot of Cormac McCrathy's books and most of them have this sort of "phrophetic/life/death/bleakness" thing to them, almost all of them range from bleak (Sutree) to holy fuck bleak (The Road).

An exception being All The Pretty Horses, which was a decent book, but didn't really do it for me. John Stienbeck / Willam Falkner / Tenesse Williams do this type of book better. (Of Mice and Men, The Grapes of Wrath, A Light in August, To Kill a Mockingbird) all highly recomended... the movies based upon them too.

• 3 weeks later...

Last Train Home. A documentary about a family of Chinese workers. Definitely lots of sorrow, crying, more silent parts than for my taste. It reminds me of the Vice documentary on North Korea but makes me rage more because the Chinese workers could have a lot more wealth and are all exploiting themselves without fully realizing it.

YESSSSSSS!!!!! ANGRY :cylon-pancarte06:

hah yeah :verymad:

Brave...... Disney finally got it right... FUCK having a prince and the princess saved the day. Enough said.... Oh yeah... and the future mother in law fellas is a real BEAR of a woman :laugh:

The reviews all seem good. Will have to take a look at some point.

I'm still mourning the loss of "cell-shaded animated" movies for some reason. *works on getting over it*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After Fall, Winter.

Netflix sort of "forced" me to watch this , in that its been putting it on my "recommended" list for over a year and I keep ignoring it (romantic, foreign movie) really liked it.

Except for a very, very few lines its all in English (and you wouldn't even notice unless someone told you ahead of time it was a foreign movie) the production company is just not american apparently which is why its listed as foreign The critics don't like it. Which, i tend to agree with (the critics), to my surpize I think they are totally and utterly wrong. While it gets pretty dark with a mild BDSM element, and yes it is "an american in paris (suck it up crybabies critics). I thought it was damn good. 4 stars at least. (out of five) and i'm usually very picky.