What's the last movie you saw?

Since I have been out of work sick all weekend, I am having a little marathon.

I watched a documentary about the aryian brotherhood...called "The Aryian Brotherhood" (lol) which was really cool!

"This Is It" The Documentary about Michael Jackson, also very good.

A documentary on poisonous animals in Australia called "Australia's Deadly Dozen" was ok, nothing I have not seen.

Watched the new "Star Trek" which was surprisingly good, despite my hating that particular franchise...

Watched "Ransom" Which I had only seen parts of, its alright, but nothing spectacular.

Probably watch a bunch more before the day is out...

To continue my marathon...

"Project Endgame"- It was pretty funny, reminded me of "Smokin Aces".

"Saw 6"- Not the worst of the series...although in my opinion everything past the first 2 were a bad idea. movie was pretty predictable too :(

Watched Due Date wishing I could get that hour and a half of my life back I was so disapointed with it. All the funny parts were shown in the previews.

I recently saw that as well, I thought it was pretty funny, although its just a recycled version of "planes trains and automobiles"

Watched "Pathology" (2008)

It was alright, I couldnt shake the feeling that the main character looked insanely familiar, but after looking through his profile on IMDB, nothing came up that I would remember him from...so it remains a mystery.

A Japanese flick called Audition, seriously disturbing movies. Enough to make me glad I don't date. The joyful look on her face as she was cutting off his foot was great though :).

Followed that up with Let the Right One In (the swedish version), great movie.

Edited by Shaun

A Japanese flick called Audition, seriously disturbing movies. Enough to make me glad I don't date. The joyful look on her face as she was cutting off his foot was great though :).

Followed that up with Let the Right One In (the swedish version), great movie.

WOW! Both movies are so awesome.

Audition is maybe the most intense horror movie that ANYONE I know can watch.

It's so artfully done. The ending is so wrong though.

You know what else is wrong, putting down Inglorious Basterds.

That movie is fantastic.

Watched Near Dark for the first time in 20 yrs. Didnt hold up as well as I remember.

Still like it a lot. Bill Paxton is great in it.

Oh, and the LAST LIONS, brand new natl geographic film on lions dying out toward extinction.

Actually that was the backdrop, it was really about a specific pride.

Uplifting and sad at the same time.

The mother lion was so strong fighrting for her cubs, but WTF, letting

buffalo hobble your little girl in the night? And then leave her alone defenseless?

IF you like animals, you will never see better footage of lions in your life.

When my wife and I first started dating, I bought her the latex apron and latex gloves. She still hasn't put the rest of the outfit together though. You know you really trust and love somebody when you get them accouterments to cosplay Asami Yamazaki

WOW! Both movies are so awesome.

You know what else is wrong, putting down Inglorious Basterds.

That movie is fantastic.

Watched Near Dark for the first time in 20 yrs. Didnt hold up as well as I remember.

Still like it a lot. Bill Paxton is great in it.

Oh, and the LAST LIONS, brand new natl geographic film on lions dying out toward extinction.

Actually that was the backdrop, it was really about a specific pride.

Uplifting and sad at the same time.

The mother lion was so strong fighrting for her cubs, but WTF, letting

buffalo hobble your little girl in the night? And then leave her alone defenseless?

IF you like animals, you will never see better footage of lions in your life.

Silly... you know me...sort of...But Audtion was a good movie, despite it being Japanese. Takashi Miike is one of the few people that get me to watch asian films.

And I now know why we cant agree on movies...you thought Inglorious Basterds was good. It explains alot (not even being a dick, it makes so much more sense now).

As for what I watched, I watched "Beetle Juice" with the lady last night, followed by Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (both re-watches). Today, I plan on watching Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance along with Lady Vengeance.

Saw Salt, was surprised because I expected it to be absolutely terrible (not sure WHY, just for some reason had a suspicion I wouldn't like it). It was actually pretty good, not completely original, but entertaining nonetheless. Plot was basically like this one anime I started watching called Gunslinger Girl, but Gunslinger Girl is far more shocking, controversial, and reaction-provoking. This one was more of a bunch of twists, but not M. Night style (which is a good thing).

Saw Salt, was surprised because I expected it to be absolutely terrible (not sure WHY, just for some reason had a suspicion I wouldn't like it). It was actually pretty good, not completely original, but entertaining nonetheless. Plot was basically like this one anime I started watching called Gunslinger Girl, but Gunslinger Girl is far more shocking, controversial, and reaction-provoking. This one was more of a bunch of twists, but not M. Night style (which is a good thing).

Silly... you know me...sort of...But Audtion was a good movie, despite it being Japanese. Takashi Miike is one of the few people that get me to watch asian films.

And I now know why we cant agree on movies...you thought Inglorious Basterds was good. It explains alot (not even being a dick, it makes so much more sense now).

As for what I watched, I watched "Beetle Juice" with the lady last night, followed by Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (both re-watches). Today, I plan on watching Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance along with Lady Vengeance.

But I liked Basterds! Not as much as I fucking LOVE BILL AND TED. That movie series was 75% of my childhood, easily, along with ET, Beetlejuice, and Gremlins. I watched all four over and over again and didn't watch anything else until I was almost in junior high. I was a weird kid I guess :laugh:.

But I liked Basterds! Not as much as I fucking LOVE BILL AND TED. That movie series was 75% of my childhood, easily, along with ET, Beetlejuice, and Gremlins. I watched all four over and over again and didn't watch anything else until I was almost in junior high. I was a weird kid I guess :laugh:.

Dont tell me you liked inglorious basterds it ruins your street cred, lol.

That movie was boring as hell.

:p

Dont tell me you liked inglorious basterds it ruins your street cred, lol.

That movie was boring as hell.

Tarantino has his detractors.

People have complained his movies are too talky.

I think dialogue is great, as long as it's interesting.

Perhaps your attention span is too short.

Between---

Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, True Romance (written by him), Jackie Brown (his most maligned for being talky) the Kill Bills and Basterds, I think everything he's done is fantastic.

Of course it's no TMNT, but hey :p

:p

Tarantino has his detractors.

People have complained his movies are too talky.

I think dialogue is great, as long as it's interesting.

Perhaps your attention span is too short.

Between---

Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, True Romance (written by him), Jackie Brown (his most maligned for being talky) the Kill Bills and Basterds, I think everything he's done is fantastic.

Of course it's no TMNT, but hey :p

There is nothing wrong with talky...Considering I own a 4 hour long David Lynch movie (Inland Empire) and like to watch it in one sitting, I would say I have a great attention span. Although you have to watch Lynch's movies in one sitting because the artsy son of a bitch wont allow you to skip scenes...LoL. I just dont like watching boring over hyped movies by an over hyped director. You have seen my movie list, and although I do own ALL the ninja turtles movies (because they rock!) I also own several movies that are deemed classics, as well as arthouse and/or intelectual films. I enjoyed Reservoir Dogs, and Pulp Fiction (although Pulp Fiction is OVER RATED!). Practically everything else he has done is either boring or just stupid (like the Kill Bill franchise).

We seriously are polar opposites I swear...LoL, whatever will happen if we actually ever meet I wonder?

EDIT: If you want to watch a good movie that involves Nazi's/ World War 2. Check out "Flame and Citron".

Edited by DJ Nocker

Honestly, I have to check out your imdb list again.

I should've just copied into a word doc.

I just remember your love of the turtles making me giggle.

There were some other craptastic sets mingled in with some good shit.

Just read up on Flame and Citron---looks fucking awesome!

All these people say, although contemporary, it has a noir look to it.

Love old film noir--need to see more of it.

Also own Inland Empire,

as well as Blue Velvet, Wild At Heart, Mullholland Drive,

Eraserhead, and I'm sure others I can't think of right now.

Lynch is great being weird but also good at playing it straight (Elephant Man, Straight Story)

He's a genius, when he feels like doing something.

Everyone should try to get into Lynch at some point.