Brew and View $2 Movies & Beer

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the original "Let The Right One In", and I couldn't imagine how they could have made it better, and I was right, they didn't make it better, they made it practically the same. I thought it was okay, but kinda disappointed I wasted some good money to see it again, when I rather pay the money to see the original again. What did you guys think? Of course, I saw it in the regular theaters, where I paid like $10 a ticket. blah..

I saw the original "Let The Right One In", and I couldn't imagine how they could have made it better, and I was right, they didn't make it better, they made it practically the same. I thought it was okay, but kinda disappointed I wasted some good money to see it again, when I rather pay the money to see the original again. What did you guys think? Of course, I saw it in the regular theaters, where I paid like $10 a ticket. blah..

We didnt see it yet. I showed up and no one was there. Eternal texted me and said everyone cancelled and he was stuck at work. He also said he didnt want to leave Bean alone with me in my skinny jeans. LOL

Do you have what it takes to hang with The Machete!?!?!

Come with us to see international film hero, Danny Trejo, as THE MACHETE. Feel the power of THE MACHETE as he launches his revenge!! Witness justice and revenge dancing together with a supporting cast including Robert "Taxi Cab" De Niro, Jessica "Same Look" Alba, Stephen "Angel Voice" Segal, Michelle "Typecast" Rodriguez, Cheech "I'll kick your ass on Jeopardy" Marin, Don "Heartbeat" Johnson, and Lindsay "Repeat Offender" Lohan.

Doors open at 8:00pm

Movie starts at 9:30pm

Admission: $2.00

The Machete

http://www.themagicbag.com/view.htm

Let us know if you're going! As it stands now, it will be Bean, The Eternal, Nightgaunt, and myself.

We'll be waiting for you with.................THE MACHETE!!!

Nichol, my brother and myself will be seeing you all there for this one in December!!! (just discovered this movie/ [where have I been, ryt???] and also

just discovered it is being featured via View and Brew!!!) ROCK!!! =D

MACHETE!!!!! ...YOU JUST FUCKED WITH THE WRONG MEXICAN!!!!!!!!! lol

Umm, yeah. We saw Machete weeks ago, so chances are you won't see us, but post when you see it and we can all share in how great it was.

Don't feel badly. NO ONE went to see Let Me In. I've always felt when other people said "Your loss" they were the ones that felt that way.

In this case though, it was actually nice for beanternal to see a movie, just the two of us.

But I DO feel you all missed out.

A vampire-themed movie about a 12-year old girl who enslaves an older man to kill for her food. And when she meets a bullied 12 year old boy, she falls in love and kills to protect him.

And no one wanted to see it?

Anyway, I agree with Hunhee that it is very similar to the original Swedish film. The difference is, I didn't think it was a bad thing.

The origianl was great, this was great. I thought it was very ballsy for the dir of Cloverfield to resist the temptation to take an art film and turn into some big dumb Twilight-fest or Rob Zombie knockoff.

Maybe that's why it bombed at the box office.

See it on DVD and let me know what you think.

A vampire-themed movie about a 12-year old girl who enslaves an older man to kill for her food. And when she meets a bullied 12 year old boy, she falls in love and kills to protect him.

See, people were telling me to see it and then I saw "vampire-themed" in the synopsis and ran like hell. I do NOT do vampires. I know...I guess I am biased on the matter. I think maybe it is because I've never seen anything good come out of entertwining vampires with anything. Pestilence, on the other hand, will disagree.

And yes, I even dislike Anne Rice. Flame away :X

See, people were telling me to see it and then I saw "vampire-themed" in the synopsis and ran like hell. I do NOT do vampires. I know...I guess I am biased on the matter. I think maybe it is because I've never seen anything good come out of entertwining vampires with anything. Pestilence, on the other hand, will disagree.

And yes, I even dislike Anne Rice. Flame away :X

Umm, yeah. We saw Machete weeks ago, so chances are you won't see us, but post when you see it and we can all share in how great it was.

Don't feel badly. NO ONE went to see Let Me In. I've always felt when other people said "Your loss" they were the ones that felt that way.

In this case though, it was actually nice for beanternal to see a movie, just the two of us.

But I DO feel you all missed out.

Anyway, I agree with Hunhee that it is very similar to the original Swedish film. The difference is, I didn't think it was a bad thing.

The origianl was great, this was great. I thought it was very ballsy for the dir of Cloverfield to resist the temptation to take an art film and turn into some big dumb Twilight-fest or Rob Zombie knockoff.

Maybe that's why it bombed at the box office.

See it on DVD and let me know what you think.

We were all going to go but Bean said she wanted alone time with you and if we showed up she would stick our bodies in the pop corn popper!

• 7 months later...

Oooooooh, snap!!!

It's HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN at the Briew N View this Thursday, July 7th.

This is a new release, so it's considered a "special showing" and will cost $5.00 per person instead of $2. It still beats $9.00 at the other theatre's, though!

HOBO stars Rutger Hauer as a vigilante hobo who sets things straight with some evil biatches!

Who's going to come watch the rockin' Rutger Hauer kick some bootie with us?

Doors open at 8pm, and show starts at 9:30pm. With this being a new release, we're going to get there early!

Preview:

Mhttp://www.magnetreleasing.com/hobowithashotgun/y link

MagicBag Page:

Oooooooh, snap!!!

It's HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN at the Briew N View this Thursday, July 7th.

This is a new release, so it's considered a "special showing" and will cost $5.00 per person instead of $2. It still beats $9.00 at the other theatre's, though!

HOBO stars Rutger Hauer as a vigilante hobo who sets things straight with some evil biatches!

Who's going to come watch the rockin' Rutger Hauer kick some bootie with us?

Doors open at 8pm, and show starts at 9:30pm. With this being a new release, we're going to get there early!

Preview:

Mhttp://www.magnetreleasing.com/hobowithashotgun/y link

MagicBag Page:

HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN!!! :jamin

wish i could make it... :crybaby:

Okay, well, I guess we're not going until next weeks showing due to some stuff we have to take care of before the weekend.

We'll have much more time next week, though, and its showing on Wednesday next week instead of Thursday.

This gives everyone a chance to really plan for it!! XD

We survived ManFast, and now we're going to celebrate by going to see HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN!!

Who's going to meet us there!?!

We missed the last one due to needing time to prepare for ManFast, so now we have to make up for it!

I've just confirmed the date which is Thursday, July 14th for the next HOBO showing. Doors open at 8pm, with the film starting at 9:30pm.

Because this is a new movie, tickets are $5.00 each.

So who's going?

Click here for Magic Bag day/time for movie, and clickable link for preview.