something fun

I was tooling around on youtube and ran across a video talking about the different uses of mac pigments.

One of them said to mix them with clear nail polish. It was interesting so i tried it with my pigment Copper Sparkle. It came out amazing! Just one coat covered better then most of my normal nail polishes.

I hadnt heard of this before so I thought it was pretty neat :)

So maybe if you have a color u dont like on ur eyes, you'll like it better on your nails! :)

you can do that with any lose mineral pigment as well.... like your bare minerals, or whatever else there are out now. :)

and the ones you can mix with water to make liquid liners, or thick eyelid colors, you can brush onto your nails, and then cover it with a clear coat! :D

also, you can do that with clear lipgloss, as well. :)

Yea I wasnt sure if it was all pigments like that. But this one was focused all on MAC.

So if anyone tries any other brand names of pigments let me know :)

And yea you can take these pigments and mix with glosses clear and others to make new colors.

Which reminds me. Someone posted about finding blue lipstick. This might be a good thing to try! There's some pretty blue pigments out there!! :)

I wish they still sold the little sample-size MAC pigments on eBay... that was the only way I could afford 'em. Don't know why they don't allow it anymore... maybe hygiene issues?

actually i think it has something to do with the influx of MAC knock offs... so maybe MAC said no to eBay or something... that's just my guess. LOL

and as for the thread... i have never used MAC... but are the most popular these days, it seems....(and I think they have a lose powder out there some where LOL) lots of lose mineral powders can be used to make lip gloss, nail tint, eyeliner, or even a sort of face paint lol just depends on what you mix it with.... some work well, some are not ground fine enough to work well as one thing or another.... just a matter of finding what works. I own a mineral product (I forget what brand) that works well as all of the above that I have mentioned.... you just gotta experiment with skin friendly mediums to mix the lose powders with ;)

actually i think it has something to do with the influx of MAC knock offs... so maybe MAC said no to eBay or something... that's just my guess. LOL

That makes sense... eBay got NAILED bigtime in a couple trademark-infringement cases, so they've really cracked down on anything that could even remotely cause problems... especially with smaller sellers.