Halloween Bash

Ok, so it's looking pretty good that I'm going to be renting out The Works and hosting a Halloween show on the 30th. Blondies has been booked by the Motor City Casinao people including club Sin. I talked with the Bat Conservation Society about doing a benefit show were a chunk of the proceeds go to taking care of the Bats. This idea was done a few years ago at the Lab and it was fun. I have a few DJ's, the kitchen would be open all night for food, etc. I woudl like to throw a really good Goth band on the show. Any recommendations? I also have a few models who will be doing some sort of Halloween theme fetish dance routine. I'm thinking a vampires versus zombies wrestling tournament or something. We could have a costume party/raffle, some Adult oriented Halloween games, I need ideas. I would like to have some other acts though, the more bizzare the better. The club will be open I believe from 9-4am. We will book the night if I feel enough people are gonna show. This is a Friday night, Devil's night. Who would like to be involved with this or is interested in this? Would the DGN crew be interested in being part of it? Remember, this is for helping out the Bats. Please let me know your thoughts.

robert

I talked with the Bat Conservation Society about doing a benefit show were a chunk of the proceeds go to taking care of the Bats. This idea was done a few years ago at the Lab and it was fun.

Is this the same group that is based locally at Cranbrook?

Damn, I was thinking of throwing my own first halloween bash this night. Damn. Hmm.

Sorry, save your money my friend. I'm making the payment for the rental next week and then we have the club from 9-2am. There will be an after hours party till 4pm. If you want to help with the planning or being part of it, the more the better. Remember, it's also gonna be for a good cause. Wilhelm was nice enough to do this for very cheap! It's gonna be fun! It's only gonna be a $5. cover, food, bands, 4 DJ's, booze,good times for all. I hope that everyone here on this board will join us in this.

I think I might have plans that night...but That's still aways off. I'll see what comes up, but I'll help out/participate.

cool! Shoot me an email and let me know what you would like to help out with. If anyone else would like to help, please email me.

thanks everyone!

We, are trying talk to some bands for you. And other people get envovled.

-CatsEye :cat:

cool,

We have Los Minstrels Del Diablo, D:konstruct, and Servitor, and 2 DJ's possible 3 plus the Bat Conservation Society people. We still need a few more bands. There have been a few other bands interested and we are organizing a fetish dance routine of sorts. We need more people, things to do, etc. Other suggestions? What about a costume contest,, games, etc? We cant do fire but Im open to other suggestions, advertising or promotion for local goth shopping, etc. Please email me with your suggestions and or talents asap. Im putting together the flier this weekend.

We're gonna promote the hell out of this party!

Update for you D. Looks likes the girls for the dance off will happen. And a few may be interested in the blood wrestling thing too. Talked it over with my assistant and to keep things sexy, we are going to do rival vampire clans using different time period type of clothing. Each side will be choreographed for a specific routine to dance. Yes, some clothes will fly but it will still be classy. May have a band interested in coming. My assistant is working on it. Might even(no promises) have an out of the country goth/industrial band come to play. I guess they have done things like this in the past and my assistant has been talking with the lead member for a while so will give it a shot. Might even be able to get a few bats brought to the party, yes in cages. Seems a friend of Noelle's raises them and her friend's mother has been known to do dance routines with the bats. Apparently, they are well trained and will come on command. But for safety sake, they will remained caged. Sounds like alot I know but just letting you know what I am working on. As I get more info and any confirmations I will let you know asap. Do we need a fog machine?? I have one as well as some strobe lights and some decent blacklights that actually screw into a light socket but are as good as the standard flourescent blacklights.

Update for you D. Looks likes the girls for the dance off will happen. And a few may be interested in the blood wrestling thing too. Talked it over with my assistant and to keep things sexy, we are going to do rival vampire clans using different time period type of clothing. Each side will be choreographed for a specific routine to dance. Yes, some clothes will fly but it will still be classy. May have a band interested in coming. My assistant is working on it. Might even(no promises) have an out of the country goth/industrial band come to play. I guess they have done things like this in the past and my assistant has been talking with the lead member for a while so will give it a shot. Might even be able to get a few bats brought to the party, yes in cages. Seems a friend of Noelle's raises them and her friend's mother has been known to do dance routines with the bats. Apparently, they are well trained and will come on command. But for safety sake, they will remained caged. Sounds like alot I know but just letting you know what I am working on. As I get more info and any confirmations I will let you know asap. Do we need a fog machine?? I have one as well as some strobe lights and some decent blacklights that actually screw into a light socket but are as good as the standard flourescent blacklights.

cool, call my cell Sat and lets discuss this some more. Im paying Wilhelm this weekend and getting organized with Aaron. The bands will be doing 30 min. sets. I wanna make sure that each performance doesn't overlap and I think that people will be wanting to drink and dance a lot so there's gotta be time for the DJ's. Im figuring every 30 min. something different is going on from 9pm till 2am. Then, from 2-4am, there will be an after hours party there. If anyone knows any good sponsers, the more the merrier. I will also be down checking The Works out on Friday if anyone wants to discuss it. Have a good weekend everyone! This party is gonna be sweet!

Now we have the following DJ's: Scary Guy, Moondancer, Glamazon, and Saint. Im going down to check out the place tonight. Remember, this show will be on the 30th of October. There will be a $5. fee to get it. the money for this party will go to The Bat Conservation Society to take care of the bats and we will also be doing something for child abuse. We have three bands right now and a vampire dance routine/wrestling, not sure yet what's all entailed with that, a costume contest, and the kitchen will be open throughout the evening if anyone's hungry. I still the need the following:

another band or two for 30 minute sets

4 judges for the costume contest

1-2 more routines excluding fire eating, sorry thats a no go by the way

a few more dancers or possibly another routine of sorts (keep it Halloween/Horror) based

a few businesses to donate something for the costume contest (gift certificates, CD's, T-shirts, passes, etc)

Any people affliated with a local business interested in sponsering and wanting their name on the flier need to email me before the end of this weekend

We are moving forward thanks to everyone!

Ok, this party is getting bigger and better every day. I need some wierd Halloween games or some odd theatrical type set ups. How about 'pin the tail on the masechest? and dominatrixs out there who want to take hold of this one? What about setting up a box, cut holes in it, stick 1-2 people in it, anything goes or people can stick their hands in it and well... you know. Any takers for that? Perhaps a pumpkin carving contest? Bobbing for something? Any Halloween portrait artists out there? How about some halloween karaoke? Anybody wanna bring some food? We will have a kitchen but someone could always bring some sort of cake, etc. Twister? Other suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

How about that? I got a couple of my frieks to join up with me to rap, chant, sing, & otherwise enlighten you in a loud manner...The Dolls Of The New Apocalypse, will uncover many mysteries...

....alas...our guitarist (just spoke with him) will be out of town. :sad: ...we might not be able to replace him...but, we might. G*D knows.

...that's oK...we will still jar your cerebral cortex. Of this, I am assured.

How about that? I got a couple of my frieks to join up with me to rap, chant, sing, & otherwise enlighten you in a loud manner...The Dolls Of The New Apocalypse, will uncover many mysteries...

....alas...our guitarist (just spoke with him) will be out of town. :sad: ...we might not be able to replace him...but, we might. G*D knows.

...that's oK...we will still jar your cerebral cortex. Of this, I am assured.

:bunny: