Is it just me or is cityclub more fun now?

Guest Game of Chance

And we suck each others blood in the dark corner.....

Anyway, I liked it better when I first started going, just because it was new and really exciting. In the past year or so it lost its "magick," but I did go this past Friday and felt the spark so I will probably start going regularly again. I think it was because there was a lot of new faces there, so the "new and exciting" feel came back.

And we suck each others blood in the dark corner.....

Anyway, I liked it better when I first started going, just because it was new and really exciting.  In the past year or so it lost its "magick," but I did go this past Friday and felt the spark so I will probably start going regularly again.  I think it was because there was a lot of new faces there, so the "new and exciting" feel came back.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep... We (CC and I) have "lover's quarrels" sometimes.. but the makeup sex is great! :wink

Yep... We (CC and I) have "lover's quarrels" sometimes.. but the makeup sex is great!  :wink

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would have to agree, even multiorgasmic!  I can never stay away for long hehe  :devil

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great, even "bars" score more than I do. I must really be an eyesore :doh

Seriously...or is it just that i'm more social now?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:wink :blushing

i dont remember much from my "youth" cc visits...

i have a blast now...

i am more social now and keep lookin for you to be social with you, but so far, no dice... :grin

I have only been to CC a handful of times but I yearn to go back. There is nothing around here that compares to it. It is the only place that I can actually dance at and like the music. All the bars/clubs around here play rap/booty crap and I can not stand most of it! The people suck too.

Funny story....when I was 18 I was dating this 21 year old goth guy. He told me that he would occasionally go to this club called Cityclub. He liked to think that he was a vampire and he said he got bit at Cityclub one night and had this long elaborate story to tell me. That was my first time hearing about the place. It sounded really kewl and his story totally killed me but ofcourse i just listened and nodded my head...lol. :grin

Guest Game of Chance

:wink  :blushing

i dont remember much from my "youth" cc visits...

i have a blast now...

i am more social now and keep lookin for you to be social with you, but so far, no dice... :grin

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I'm going tonight...not sure about Saturday...might be headed up to Luna...maybe see you there? :wink

Definitely more enjoyable "overall" now than it was in the past. I do mildly miss hiding out a bit and just dancing my ass off, then hiding out , dancing my ass off , then sneaking out (and maybe molesting some poor unsuspecting hottie in a mutually drunken stupor)

But having become more social, and being mature enough to deal with some of the drama that might flare up occasionally without blowing as big of a gasket as i did when i was younger, it certainly is, take as a whole more fun for me now than it was before. That is, when i can get down there in reasonably acceptable health.

You can choose to involve yourself or not involve yourself. You can also choose your reaction. Anywhere there is a "social dynamic" with a lot of people, there's going to be drama at some point or another, no way to avoid it, its just reality. There's all types of people , all the time, in all different moods and stages in their lives.

Stick around the friendly well meaning people and avoid whatever drama you need to avoid (not always possible but since learning this technique its worked wonders) Life is messy, being social is messy.

Also any given night there's people complaining that they are having a horrible time, then others saying they had a good time, has a lot to do with perspective.

I also try to look at myself , and my own behavior more than pointing at others and saying its "them" that's making me behave a certain way. I dont always succeed in this mission but i attempt to anyhow. Progress, not perfection. =)

I've been going there off-and-on since the very late 80's, early 90's.

Of course, I haven't been there in the 3 years since I moved. But before I did, I was there just about every weekend for a while.

I enjoy it just as much as I did when I first started going.

However, I will say this. Before I joined any Detroit-goth-related message boards, one thing I enjoyed about CC was the anonymity. I actually liked not knowing anybody, and being able to enjoy the scene without having to actually be "involved" in any of it, if you know what I mean.

Now that I've been involved with DGN and other Detroit-goth-related boards, I've lost that anonymity and some of the comfort that came with it. I'm really hoping that doesn't majorly impact my experiences there once I return.

I like socializing, to a point. But I don't like the cliquiness & drama that can come with it.

I like socializing, to a point. But I don't like the cliquiness & drama that can come with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is what changed the place for me. When I was younger I never noticed the cliquiness and drama, but once I did, I lost interest in the place. I just want to be able to relax and have fun without worrying about other people's bs. The last time I went there though, it didn't seem as bad, but that could be because I was really drunk :chug

Archived