How do you fall asleep?

Black Sunday9

I always got racing thoughts keeping me from falling asleep so i have to stay busy doing something... like getting on the internet with my cellphone and reading thru all the real old DGN threads (such as this one) until I finally can no longer keep my eyes open, then pass out.

The strange thing is that if I start getting tired then log off the net and put my phone down, I suddenly won't be able to sleep again. I have to keep my mind occupied until I'm exhausted enough to pass out. Watching T.V. works well too, but lately I've been deep sea diving for DGN posts of the distant past as a way to stay busy until I can fall asleep.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I generally have no issues falling asleep. Unless for some reason something is bothering me. I usually fall asleep daydreaming about something that will never happen in my life. :laugh:

Btw, this thread got "How Can You Sleep" by Assemblage stuck in my head. :X

As a chronic Insomniac there are few things that help me sleep. I've tried it all. The 2 best things other than hardcore sedatives (which do not work on me anyways, and when they do i get that hangover feeling the next day) are: TV with low volume ,and Marijuana.

As a chronic Insomniac there are few things that help me sleep. I've tried it all. The 2 best things other than hardcore sedatives (which do not work on me anyways, and when they do i get that hangover feeling the next day) are: TV with low volume ,and Marijuana.

Same here. I don't do pills I'm not a pill guy. For me, marijuana, and a cold, cold room. Dry air helps, too. Humidity kills me and actually makes it harder to fall asleep. Thank God for Marijuana, though. Works every time.

Okay here we go:

What puts me to sleep, By Druella

When I can't sleep these are some of the things that work for me.

1. Sex. Sex gets that last little bit of energy out of my system.

2. Hot Bubble Bath. This relaxs my mucsssels and makes me sleepy face

3. Music. I listen to either the "Fargo" or "Twin Peaks: FIre Walk with me" sound track and before the first song is over I am out.

Those are my helpful hints on how to go to sleep. if you need more go to www.howto.com

teeheehee

I fall asleep by drinking two gallons of vodka each night, and then hitting myself 20 times in the head with a baseball bat that has nails driven into it, and the entire time I say 20 Hail Mary's. It's usually after I do this that I fall asleep.

Seriously...the majority of my guy friends either have issues sleeping or are insomniacs. I don't get it.

One friend (who annoys the shit out of me) explained how he has taken up to 12 pills to fall asleep. And that he knows that if he took 14, he'd throw up.

Usually I have a difficult time falling asleep so I just watch movies. Then once a week when it finally catches up with me, I fall asleep around 11pm and wake up around 11am and start the cycle again.

I tend to have insomnea and usually have a hard time falling asleep when I'm by myself. The only way I've managed to help it is to put on a very familiar movie, turn the volume down to the point where I can hear it and just barely make out the words..I find my brain focuses on trying to listen to what they're saying instead of running nonstop overthinking things. It actually has helped me go from taking 3 hours to fall asleep, to less than a half hour.

I tend to have insomnea and usually have a hard time falling asleep when I'm by myself. The only way I've managed to help it is to put on a very familiar movie, turn the volume down to the point where I can hear it and just barely make out the words..I find my brain focuses on trying to listen to what they're saying instead of running nonstop overthinking things. It actually has helped me go from taking 3 hours to fall asleep, to less than a half hour.

The Barnyard =)

really, anything in the classification of central nervous system depressants, except for alcohol. I tend to lean toward the ones that cause respiratory depression as well, even though i've almost not woke back up many of times and sometimes i'll suddenly freak out and wake up because i quit breathing. I highly do not recommend it though. Bad idea for a sleep solution, but sleep isn't my reason for it, thats just an added benefit... otherwise i'd never get any damned sleep.