SO...I have several pets (outside)...but in the Winter, I know some of them depend on Junior & I to throw them scraps consistently. Well, when it is cold out..but it is mildly warmer..you know when they wake up for a day to a week...

SO...I'll leave the odd sweet out now & again...& it is usually gone by dawn (there's a huge raccoon in the hood)...

WELL...I found something they WILL NOT TOUCH...peeps. Funny huh? I won't eat them any more...

Anybody else super in love with Mother Nature?

I've had "pet" wild rabbits, ducks, crows, toads, starlings, swans, fish, spiders, coyotes, porcupines, and probably a few other things that don't come to mind right away. It seems wild things are often as fascinated with us, as we are with them.

There was a female toad who made her burrow right next to my basement apartment window, once. She struck up a friendship with my cat. The cat would always let me know when the toad was emerging from her burrow. They would sit close to each other, only separated by the window screen. Then, she would usually make her way down to the patio, and they would just sit there and look at each other through the screen door. It was REALLY weird. My ex took some pictures, but he lost the photos that were on an SD card. I was so mad, as I knew no one would ever believe it!

I would have surely been burnt at the stake, a few hundred years ago.

Edited by jynxxxedangel

Only wildlife on my little spread is the seriously aggro squirrels... which are all huge from the vast amounts of acorns produced by my giant-ass oak trees... and a possum that hangs out with my kitties sometimes. I don't leave out food for the possum 'cos the neighborhood cats would prolly eat it before the possum showed up.

I did see a hummingbird, once, two summers ago. Ran out and bought a feeder, brewed up the sugar stuff, hung it up in great excitement, and haven't seen another one since. Ungrateful beasts.

Allen and I have an ass load of wild *pets* just outside the doorwall. There are geese, ducks and little baby duckies that I feed on the daily.

Whenever I go outside and sit down with a bag of bread they all start swimming over to me to get their grub on. These *pets* will have to do for now since he won't let me have a normal house pet of my own right now :(

I feed the opossum. Or at least I did till someone ran her over last week...I think she had babies. :cry

seems like EVERYTHING loves peanut butter.

I know opossums are ugly and look like huge rats but it being our only marsupial...I love them.

That and she was fearless and would come say HI even with me sitting out there.

Edited by Homicidalheathen