What Are You Thinking?

StormKnight

As much as I do like watching some reality shows, I just wish someone would make a "Real Life Show" about real people!  Even when MTV did "The Real World", they added stupid situations to create drama because they wanted ratings. How about one that didn't need ratings. Just a show about the type of people you don't normally see on TV - The Real People.  An exposé that follows the lives of a group of friends, like say the members of an online community that gets together in real life every now and then to hang out, but then follows them in their everyday lives as citizens trying to make it in this messed up world we call "The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave".

Just a thought...:wink

7 hours ago, TronRP said:

As much as I do like watching some reality shows, I just wish someone would make a "Real Life Show" about real people!  Even when MTV did "The Real World", they added stupid situations to create drama because they wanted ratings. How about one that didn't need ratings. Just a show about the type of people you don't normally see on TV - The Real People.  An exposé that follows the lives of a group of friends, like say the members of an online community that gets together in real life every now and then to hang out, but then follows them in their everyday lives as citizens trying to make it in this messed up world we call "The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave".

Just a thought...:wink

Its an interesting idea. its actually kind of shocking that no reality show is actually about day to day reality. Some shows are pretty real, but that type of show (like the milionare real estate shows or comic book men or the pawn shop shows) are 'unusual' just due to the subject matter. No show that i know of just follows a 'normal' (whatever we want to call that) family around. 

Thanksgiving is going to suck.  Not going to Howell, dinner was cancelled because someone got a bug up their ass and is punishing everyone else.  Don't get to see my nieces, roommate's mom doesn't get to see her grandkids, her daughter is upset enough to cause stomach issues.  All because she didn't ignore her 2 kids and help clean house altho the mother-in-law has 4 daughters who can and should help but get to sit on their asses.  Sorry but kids come first and on top of that she had physical therapy to go to.  That didn't matter.  Time for mother-in-law and her daughters get off of the lazy asses and do things around the house.  They don't work but my friend and her husband both work and take care of 2 kids, one of which has a pacemaker.  Nice priorities.  At least I had already bought a turkey breast before knowing we were going there for dinner so dinner is good but I am pissed off.  But I will bite my tongue and not start an argument because my friend will suffer because her mother-in-law is that petty.

11 hours ago, Draco1958 said:

Thanksgiving is going to suck.  Not going to Howell, dinner was cancelled because someone got a bug up their ass and is punishing everyone else.  Don't get to see my nieces, roommate's mom doesn't get to see her grandkids, her daughter is upset enough to cause stomach issues.  All because she didn't ignore her 2 kids and help clean house altho the mother-in-law has 4 daughters who can and should help but get to sit on their asses.  Sorry but kids come first and on top of that she had physical therapy to go to.  That didn't matter.  Time for mother-in-law and her daughters get off of the lazy asses and do things around the house.  They don't work but my friend and her husband both work and take care of 2 kids, one of which has a pacemaker.  Nice priorities.  At least I had already bought a turkey breast before knowing we were going there for dinner so dinner is good but I am pissed off.  But I will bite my tongue and not start an argument because my friend will suffer because her mother-in-law is that petty.

Grrr. That sounds like a lot of frustration.  Hugs.

2 hours ago, Lusus Naturae said:

I'm thinking that I have been on Faceboo way too long, because I keep looking for a "like" button... :D

:hrhr:

The green arrows are like a "like" button here with the meaning of "I agree" or "I hear you" or "Thank you for the post".

41 minutes ago, kat said:

Came outside started the car again and again its dead.  It has died twice tonight.  I think I need an alternator.😢😢😢😢😢

What make of car do you have?  When we junked the 83 Chrysler we kept the battery.  It was only 2 months old when we scrapped the car in September.  We paid $65 for the battery.  It is a top post.  I know GM's use side post.  Can work out a deal.  $40 and you don't have to have all the money right away if you can use it.

Thinking today had some good luck here.  Roommate took the trash out and saw some interesting boxes.  In the boxes he found a GM factory AM/FM/CD radio, a set of Pioneer car speakers and an XBOX360.  He checked it out since he has one and it works.  So all we need is a couple of controllers and down the road, an add on hard drive.  It had the power supply and cables to connect to the TV.

2 hours ago, Draco1958 said:

What make of car do you have?  When we junked the 83 Chrysler we kept the battery.  It was only 2 months old when we scrapped the car in September.  We paid $65 for the battery.  It is a top post.  I know GM's use side post.  Can work out a deal.  $40 and you don't have to have all the money right away if you can use it.

It's a Ford. It's a top post. Think it will work?

Just now, kat said:

It's a Ford. It's a top post. Think it will work?

Yes it will. It's either 535 cranking amps or 635.  Either way it is more than sufficient for your need.  Also you can get your charging system checked for free at Autozone.  There is one not far from you on Trenton Rd near Eureka.

11 minutes ago, Draco1958 said:

Yes it will. It's either 535 cranking amps or 635.  Either way it is more than sufficient for your need.  Also you can get your charging system checked for free at Autozone.  There is one not far from you on Trenton Rd near Eureka.

That's the one I use actually. I am going to try to go there tomorrow.  

Edited by kat

11 hours ago, Draco1958 said:

Hey I fixed the issue.  It's not the battery. Thank you much for offering to sell that to me though. I appreciate that.

Edited by kat

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP unpinned and pinned this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic