Dead-Line Wednesdays @ The Works ROLL CALL: 4/29

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, since when are drinks only .50 for the first 30 minutes and go up to $3 at 10:30?? :rant:

Ummm...that shouldnt of happend...I wasnt aware you had to do that. Thats not right.

I got your drinks next week, as far as I know its the first HOUR...not first 30 mins...It may of had something to do with the fact that ken wasnt there and the guys tending were unfamiliar with the night.

Ummm...that shouldnt of happend...I wasnt aware you had to do that. Thats not right.

I got your drinks next week, as far as I know its the first HOUR...not first 30 mins...It may of had something to do with the fact that ken wasnt there and the guys tending were unfamiliar with the night.

No it's cool. Basically it went like this:

"That's $6"

"It's not 11 yet"

"It's only the first half hour"

"Since when?"

"Since the owner told me so" ::with shrug::

"Well...can I not get them then? Because it's always been .50 until 11, and you can't just change it like that without telling us!" (I felt bad, him having already poured them, but...yeah...)

"How about this, you give me your $2, and now you know"

So I got them for what I'd have paid anyway, but went through a little hassle. But I think whatever the deal is, it needs to be clear. If it's the first half hour only, we should be told ahead of time, and if it's not, the bartenders need to know, because that was dumb. :p

He was nice enough about it in that I got my drinks, but the barstaff last night kinda sucked...so unfriendly and kinda...i dunno. I missed Kend.

"That's $6"

"It's not 11 yet"

"Since when?"

"Well...can I not get them then? Because it's always been .50 until 11, and you can't just change it like that without telling us!" (I felt bad, him having already poured them, but...yeah...)

So I got them for what I'd have paid anyway, but went through a little hassle. But I think whatever the deal is, it needs to be clear. If it's the first half hour only, we should be told ahead of time, and if it's not, the bartenders need to know, because that was dumb. :p

He was nice enough about it in that I got my drinks, but the barstaff last night kinda sucked...so unfriendly and kinda...i dunno. I missed Kend.

Agreed.

Guest greyhalo

"That's $6"

"It's not 11 yet"

"Since when?"

I've seen those bartenders at the Works on the weekends. The one guy has a mega-attitude. Kend is AWESOME--always very friendly.

I was there incognito. Funny how it took a second for people to recognize me. Yeah, I was short and in pants. :ohmy:

One guy said, "I didn't recognize you at first, without your ass kicking gear on" =P

Personally I always thought you were prettiest in jeans and a T-shirt. I always liked Kimberly better then Ice queen.

I was there incognito. Funny how it took a second for people to recognize me. Yeah, I was short and in pants. :ohmy:

One guy said, "I didn't recognize you at first, without your ass kicking gear on" =P

i get the same thing a lot altho it's usually more of a "wow april i don't think i've ever seen you wear clothes before"

sorry i missed again this week i will be there next week for my bday party! everyone had better be there! (and rather than buying me enough birthday drinks to give me alcohol poisoning buy drinks for each other)

Guest greyhalo

Got a bruise on my lower from falling back during my manic dancing... :blushing:

It's OK. I've fallen at Deadline before too--with a bigger audience. =P

I like your style of dancing, by the way.

i get the same thing a lot altho it's usually more of a "wow april i don't think i've ever seen you wear clothes before"

sorry i missed again this week i will be there next week for my bday party! everyone had better be there! (and rather than buying me enough birthday drinks to give me alcohol poisoning buy drinks for each other)

Heehee. I've been getting that a lot too, since the pasties and g-string "uniform" from The Dirty Show.

Cool! Happy Birthday! I think I will be there for a little while at least. I hope you have a great birthday!

________________________________________________________________________________

:grouphug

Thank you Prick. That is very kind of you.

Edited by Ice Queen

For the record, I don't really care for the current setup, btw, with the DJs all in back and not in front. It's a tough situation, which I understand, but it's kinda strange. But it's not horrible. I dunno.

This isn't bitching, like I often do, though, I promise!! <3<3<3

Right, that's crap about the drinks. The drink special is advertised until 11, that guy (even though we do get along) was just being a dick and trying to make the bar more money or pad his tip jar.

Also you can sue if they don't because they have to do what the advertised price says. So if you see an item in a store that sells for $99.99 and some overworked underpaid store goon marks it as $9.99, guess what you're getting a huge discount. I remember getting a router for cheap at Microcenter because they mismarked it, and then on top of that filled out the rebate. I ended up paying $7 for a $79 router.

But yeah if they ever try that again talk to Wilhelm because he won't stand for that either.

Speaking of money, Anthony and Marc I'll have yours next week. Anthony I'm sorry I can't count :D

Now for the playlist....

STEVIE - Intro Set

-----

Diving in Whiskey by T. Raumschmiere (featuring Ellen Allien)

Metal (Gary Numan cover) by Nine Inch Nails (B-Side)

Hit and Run by Kill Memory Crash

Glass Slipper by the Chromatics

Ritual IV by Matthias Schuster

Ashes by Mount Sims

Ultra Violence by Metal Urbain

Serenade (for a Changed Heart) by Private Entertainment

Helen of Troy by Telefon Tel Aviv

Show me Evil by 800beloved

Sugar Hiccup (1/2 speed!) by the Cocteau Twins

Scary Guy

-----

Love and Rockets - Sweet Lover Hangover

Echo and the Bunnymen - Dancing Horses

The Cure - Lovesong

!Clan of Xymox - Imagination

Depeche Mode - Blaspamis Roomers

Oingo Boingo - Insanity

Peter Murphy - Indigo Eyes

11:20 - Saint

-----

Evil Activities - What's Inside Me (Endymion remix)

Petrochemical - Netherworld

Siechtum - Kontrolle

Caustic - Cock Blocking Beats

C/A/T - Smashed

memmaker - Love Buzz

S.A.m. - Therapie

Daniel Meyer - Mean machine

Noisuf-X - Doomed

E-Craft - Embryonic

Xotox - Xotox(ic)

Combichrist - Sex, Drogen und Industrial

Prmoetheus Burning - Battery Drain

Nocker- (12:20)

-----

Aesthetic Perfection- Spit it Out

Flesh Field -Obstinence

Rorschak Garden- Movie Myself

Dragons- Obedience

Joy Division- Transmission

Nick Cave- Deanna!!

Seabound- Watching Over You!!

Danse Society- Were So Happy (Saint so happy mix)!!

Sleepmask- Voodoo!!

Peter Murphy- Cuts You Up

Depeche Mode- Walking in my Shoes

Cocteau Twins- Ice Blink Luck

The Merry Thoughts- The Sun and the Rainfall

Wumpscut- W.O.B. (Dismantled mix)

01:22 -

-----

!SITD - Hurt

!Imperative Reaction - Giving in to the Change (Wasted Time mix)

!Necessary Response - Forever

!Iris - Sorrow Expert

!Wolfsheim - Wundervoll (Extended Mix)

Depeche Mode - It's No Good

The Nekromantix - Last Night I Saved an Angel

!The Ghastly Ones - Spookmaster

The Sisters of Mercy - Dominion (Mother Russia)

Also special thanks to Joey for sticking around till the end. I told you I'd play it :D

Right, that's crap about the drinks. The drink special is advertised until 11, that guy (even though we do get along) was just being a dick and trying to make the bar more money or pad his tip jar.

Also you can sue if they don't because they have to do what the advertised price says. So if you see an item in a store that sells for $99.99 and some overworked underpaid store goon marks it as $9.99, guess what you're getting a huge discount. I remember getting a router for cheap at Microcenter because they mismarked it, and then on top of that filled out the rebate. I ended up paying $7 for a $79 router.

But yeah if they ever try that again talk to Wilhelm because he won't stand for that either.

Speaking of money, Anthony and Marc I'll have yours next week. Anthony I'm sorry I can't count :D

Now for the playlist....

STEVIE - Intro Set

-----

Diving in Whiskey by T. Raumschmiere (featuring Ellen Allien)

Metal (Gary Numan cover) by Nine Inch Nails (B-Side)

Hit and Run by Kill Memory Crash

Glass Slipper by the Chromatics

Ritual IV by Matthias Schuster

Ashes by Mount Sims

Ultra Violence by Metal Urbain

Serenade (for a Changed Heart) by Private Entertainment

Helen of Troy by Telefon Tel Aviv

Show me Evil by 800beloved

Sugar Hiccup (1/2 speed!) by the Cocteau Twins

Scary Guy

-----

Love and Rockets - Sweet Lover Hangover

Echo and the Bunnymen - Dancing Horses

The Cure - Lovesong

!Clan of Xymox - Imagination

Depeche Mode - Blaspamis Roomers

Oingo Boingo - Insanity

Peter Murphy - Indigo Eyes

11:20 - Saint

-----

Evil Activities - What's Inside Me (Endymion remix)

Petrochemical - Netherworld

Siechtum - Kontrolle

Caustic - Cock Blocking Beats

C/A/T - Smashed

memmaker - Love Buzz

S.A.m. - Therapie

Daniel Meyer - Mean machine

Noisuf-X - Doomed

E-Craft - Embryonic

Xotox - Xotox(ic)

Combichrist - Sex, Drogen und Industrial

Prmoetheus Burning - Battery Drain

Nocker- (12:20)

-----

Aesthetic Perfection- Spit it Out

Flesh Field -Obstinence

Rorschak Garden- Movie Myself

Dragons- Obedience

Joy Division- Transmission

Nick Cave- Deanna!!

Seabound- Watching Over You!!

Danse Society- Were So Happy (Saint so happy mix)!!

Sleepmask- Voodoo!!

Peter Murphy- Cuts You Up

Depeche Mode- Walking in my Shoes

Cocteau Twins- Ice Blink Luck

The Merry Thoughts- The Sun and the Rainfall

Wumpscut- W.O.B. (Dismantled mix)

01:22 -

-----

!SITD - Hurt

!Imperative Reaction - Giving in to the Change (Wasted Time mix)

!Necessary Response - Forever

!Iris - Sorrow Expert

!Wolfsheim - Wundervoll (Extended Mix)

Depeche Mode - It's No Good

The Nekromantix - Last Night I Saved an Angel

!The Ghastly Ones - Spookmaster

The Sisters of Mercy - Dominion (Mother Russia)

Also special thanks to Joey for sticking around till the end. I told you I'd play it :D

Its ok, Im sure it will all get worked out. Good playlists by everyone!