NIN May 31st at DTE

You may want to bring a blanket or something to sit on. Otherwise, it's "bum, meet grass/dirt".

Oh good idea! I never would have thought of that! Anything else I should know/bring/not bring? I assume no outside food or drinks? I assume if there's a chance of rain an umbrella would be good?

from ninja2009.com

Doors: 5:00 pm

SSSC: 6:30 pm

NIN: 7:15 pm

Jane's: 9:00 pm

Not a big Janes fan, but it is strange that NIN would go 2nd to last. When you are up on the deck you can get a good look at the hillside moshes going on if they have any at this show that is.

Well i am going and have another yet to be claimed ticket for 7th row center. I will even get some passes to see the sound check and do a meet and greet. Now I just need to find friends that like NIN...

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Edited by MyViolentMachine

• 2 weeks later...

Well i am going and have another yet to be claimed ticket for 7th row center. I will even get some passes to see the sound check and do a meet and greet. Now I just need to find friends that like NIN...

If anyone is interested please let me know.

how'd you manage that? did u get lucky on the twitter ticket giveaways or donate to that save eric fund he's helping out with? that should be awesome for you. my girlfriend and i will probably be seated right by you in center row eee.

Don't know if any of you have seen some of the setlists, but NIN's mixing it up big time. Lots of different album tracks that haven't been done in years are coming back. "Heresy", for fuck's sake! "Dead Souls", too.

Personally, I'd love to hear just one of the following:

We're in this together

something I can never have

happiness in slavery

Don't know if any of you have seen some of the setlists, but NIN's mixing it up big time. Lots of different album tracks that haven't been done in years are coming back. "Heresy", for fuck's sake! "Dead Souls", too.

Personally, I'd love to hear just one of the following:

We're in this together

something I can never have

happiness in slavery

Those are some damned good tracks. I'm looking forward to the show tonight!!!

THat was an amazing show. Surpirsed to see no encore but i heard of technical issues at otehr shows that prevented them. But the Meet and Greet was so worth it and this was one of the best days ever.

gallery_2856_913_23643.jpg

Horrible Posture on my part but oh well

Edited by MyViolentMachine

That was fun!! I'm so glad I went.

For a show that I thought was supposed to be less hit-based, I was surprised to know all but one of the songs. Great great time.

JA of course I only knew 2 songs...but it was quite pleasant music and I enjoyed it.

Only drawback was, you know, the "ambiance" since I was on the lawn...more than a little bit of "skunk" smell in the air, if you know what I mean. But not a huge deal and a good good time. :D

Yeah it was a great show although we were sitting out in the lot drinking and thinking that NIN won't be on til 8pm or so. Thought we heard someone bumpin some music nearby and the security came around telling us that NIN has been on for the past half hour if we wanted to know. We thought, holy shit! and walked fast up to the hill. Tickets said 6:30pm and we figured that was when the doors would open. Come to find out that was when the first band went onstage! I guess on Sundays they want to get the concert finished because of the noise ordinance.

I did stop at the box office with headlessgoth and bought a pair of tickets for the Slayer/Manson show. Saved a lot of money doing it that was rather than going through Ticketbastard. Got some decent seats in the pavilion too.

Yeah it was a great show although we were sitting out in the lot drinking and thinking that NIN won't be on til 8pm or so. Thought we heard someone bumpin some music nearby and the security came around telling us that NIN has been on for the past half hour if we wanted to know. We thought, holy shit! and walked fast up to the hill. Tickets said 6:30pm and we figured that was when the doors would open. Come to find out that was when the first band went onstage! I guess on Sundays they want to get the concert finished because of the noise ordinance.

I did stop at the box office with headlessgoth and bought a pair of tickets for the Slayer/Manson show. Saved a lot of money doing it that was rather than going through Ticketbastard. Got some decent seats in the pavilion too.

Ouch! That's why you gotta check DGN! XD

the girl and i had a great time. we were in the 4th row and got some good pics/video which i will post more of later. not a huge JA fan but thought they were great. eric avery looked like he was one pissed off dude playing that bass. i had seen him play with peter murphy's band back in the day and i must say he's a great bass player.

i was way let down by the nin set. the energy was good but he basically played all of the normal songs he always plays on tour and added "now i'm nothing" and "downward spiral". the rest were the standards. the night before he played mr self destruct, heresy, piggy (remix version), metal, physical, and i do not want this. all stuff he hasn't played barely at all on recent tours. yet this show was almost identical to the last few i have seen. guess that is my luck. still had a great time overall.

anyhow here's a link to my video of jane says if anyone is interested:

Was hoping for more rarities from NIN, but whatever. If that does indeed turn out to be their last show here, it was a good one.

JA was much better that I expected. Everything's tuned down a whole-step now; that helped some songs (example: Three Days, Mountain Song) and hurt others (Then She Did, Stop). Obvious was a great song to pull out of the JA hat, but Ted, Just Admit it... has got to fucking go.

If that does indeed turn out to be their last show here, it was a good one.

i'm gonna guess that he is just taking some touring time off now that he is getting married and that at some point maybe after doing the family thing or whatever he'll be back. i noticed his fiance hanging at the side of the stage with Perry's wife during nin's set.

Was disappointed by NIN. Keep in mind that to me a disappointing NIN show is still better than most shows that come around. Jane's Addiction was amazing.

I agree with Jon. I always enjoy nails but I was there for Jane's and they were simply amazing. They sounded great live and I have been listening to them off and on all day now. Great night

Jinx