OK so maybe it's not the gothiest article of clothing we could discuss, but I'm sure most of us can admit to owning a pair. I actually need to wear them (or pants of a similar, casual and kid-friendly style) for work.

I've noticed that all the $20-$30 crap jeans I buy don't last me very long at all. They seem to get wider at the waist and shorter and shorter in the legs the more that I wear them. I'll pull a pair of jeans straight off the dryer (or off the drying rack, I don't even always throw them in the dryer) and they'll be sagging at the waist and no longer coming near the floor after only the 5th or 6th wash.

I'm tall and somewhat slim (although not so much in the hips/butt) and although my weight fluxuates and I do seem to be getting slightly thinner as i get older/maintain better diet habits, if I were really just getting taller and skinnier as I go through these jeans I'd be 7 ft tall (instead of 5'10) and somewhere in the vicinity of 90 lbs. My waist size has gone down about 2 sizes in the past year and a half, but I've gone thru about 5 rotations where I have to throw out all my jeans and go buy new ones only to have the whole thing start all over in 2 months or so.

My real issue is finding jeans that are long enough. I've tried just cutting the bottom stitching open and ironing out the bottom hem of regular jeans, but that just doesn't seem to cut it. I know that companies like Wet Seal and Charlotte Russe sell jeans in lengths, but this is more of the cheap crap that doesn't fit well for very long.

I also kind of need to buy jeans in either Juniors or European sizes. I've tried shopping Misses styles but I like really low rises, and these jeans are never low enough.

I've learned that expensive department store jeans (the really pricey premium kind) tend to just come very long in a lot of brands (36" inseam standard, yay!) but of course now I'm going to be spending 5 or 6 times as much (at least) for every pair of jeans I buy with this option. I really don't mind spending the money to get what I want, but my bank account can't really support excessive buying at that level.

So anyways, where do you buy your jeans? Got any suggestions for brands or stores you have good experiences with?

(Oh and if anyone knows where to find black twill/cotton bootleg or flare pants, also preferably long, pass that along! Stupid age of the skinny jean that seems to be all I can find...)

I have myself a fairly big denim obsession, at least lately.

For skinny denim, in all its "I can tuck them into my boots" wonders, I go to Rue 21. Havent had any issues with Rue's brands yet, and they dont cost a whopping 50+ dollars.

For flared goodness, I go to DEB shops. Their clearance racks can work wonders for your wallet.

If nothing else, Meijer, Wal-mart even. Try K-mart..... unless you're very harsh and beat your jeans senseless, they shouldnt fall apart.

My ABSOLUTE FAVE jeans are Mossimo!!! I also like LEI. These are the only two brands that are cut low enough for me, with my wide hips and short waist. I also have a 31 inch inseam, which makes it hard for me to find dungarees.

Edited by jynxxxedangel

I second OMG's recommendation of buying used jeans from resale shops and goodwill stores. You can get a wide variety of brands, but most have already shrunk and distorted all they're going to and only the most durable survive. For taller women, try the men's jeans. I usually get a better fit from those anyway.

the last *cool* pair i found was at >gak< abercrombie - barstar flares! i don't think there's a single clothing store in michigan that makes mens flares. the closest i can find are bootcut, and they're not even close.

as for bootcut, i go with levi's and always on sale - roughly $35/pr.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate jeans with stretch material, and a lot of the current jeans (popular brands) have that stretch in them. Try to find a freaking pair of black denim pants without stretch in them, it's near impossible. I just go with some Chino pants anymore, they are working better.

I have found some jeans at Old Navy that don't have stretch. The stretchie material in jeans is the key to them shrinking, and falling apart faster. They're not the solid cotton jeans that we used to buy (true denim), therefore they fit beautifully when you first put them on, but stretch out by the end of the day where your ass is sagging to your knees, and shrink up on you after every wash.

Edited by hunhee

Greetings,

St John Bay's carries tall pants for women. They have different style of jeans. They are found at JCPenny. Also, JCPenny carries pants for talls, long and for utlra tall.

They carry for all different sizes for gals.

JCPenny normal always has a sale going. When they do have a sale going, the pants range in about $25 to $35.00. We are different sizes, but regardless these pants last for a good time. I have mine for about two years and no probelms.

Here the website if you would like:

http://www3.jcpenney.com/jcp/X3.aspx?DeptI...451|53652|53683

Good Luck.

Blessed be

Edited by dragonluv

• 2 weeks later...

J.C. Penney sells custom-fit jeans on their website. I have a pair, not terribly impressed with them mainly b/c of the 10.5" rise and their being obviously cut for Caucasian figures (like most jeans). But they are well-made and decent looking, nothing fancy tho.

Personally, I like Apple Bottoms... they fit better than any jeans I've ever worn since they are cut specifically for women of color. They still make lower rises and a lot of their jeans have 32" inseams. The retail prices are rather steep but you can find good deals on eBay, just don't buy any from Hong Kong or China as they're almost certainly knockoffs. I'm told that other "urban" lines like Coogi and Dereon have a similar fit. I also like L.E.I., especially the FemmE and Sophia lines. I think they offer a choice of inseam lengths, too.

I wore men's Levis for years... back in the '80s-early '90s when women's jeans all had the obnoxious high waist, which looks and feels horrible on my short-waisted figure. Can't wear 'em anymore- back then I wasn't anywhere near as hourglass-y as now.

I buy my tight punk jeans at Noir leather. I can buy the same ones at Hot Topic but me and the South Park Goth kids are burning it down.

Nothing like tight hip hugger jeans on a tall, slender guy. Even better if they have a bit of wide hips. :drool