What are you about to go do?

Oh_My_Goth

Just now, TronRP said:

~~~~~

V8 Engine.

Bad ass choice, toyota always been good trucks. My uncle had an old 90',s model 2.2 4 banger, bored 0.60 over motor all built up, it was a bad mofo jacked up on big hillbilly tires. I learned to drive stick in that lil truck. Also was always fond of the '15 - 2020 era 4runners. You made a good pick, you're a true driver. Your body must be chrome and your blood is gasoline, lol. I tip my hat to you 

1 minute ago, WhiteLines said:

Bad ass choice, toyota always been good trucks. My uncle had an old 90',s model 2.2 4 banger, bored 0.60 over motor all built up, it was a bad mofo jacked up on big hillbilly tires. I learned to drive stick in that lil truck. Also was always fond of the '15 - 2020 era 4runners. You made a good pick, you're a true driver. Your body must be chrome and your blood is gasoline, lol. I tip my hat to you 

~~~~~

Dude, I've been trying to find someone who does those big Hillbilly tires on some off road suspension.  I would feel so unstoppable.

🤣

1 hour ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Dude, I've been trying to find someone who does those big Hillbilly tires on some off road suspension.  I would feel so unstoppable.

🤣

Come down to west virginia, there's shops all over that do suspension and big tire work lol. There's some up in MI too, ya gotta get back in them boondock like pockets out in the west part of the state tho i think lol 

About to head back out to try to finish up this wet grass in the cold weather.  Yesterday my machine clogged serval times, but I don't think my neighbors will be fine with the cuts they received.  I have to go finish up the areas my ZT couldn't reach.  Hopefully it is dry enough for the battery operated 80Max.

11 hours ago, WhiteLines said:

Come down to west virginia, there's shops all over that do suspension and big tire work lol. There's some up in MI too, ya gotta get back in them boondock like pockets out in the west part of the state tho i think lol 

~~~~~

I'm thinking there may be places just past Farmington Hills or out by Wixom county or someplace in or near Warren because every time I'm in those areas, I see vehicles sporting that look I'm wanting.

😆

On 4/25/2024 at 1:25 PM, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I'm thinking there may be places just past Farmington Hills or out by Wixom county or someplace in or near Warren because every time I'm in those areas, I see vehicles sporting that look I'm wanting.

😆

Hell down in my hills we got whole car dealerships that specialize in catering to the huge jacked up truck and tuned turbo diesel market. Our old work truck when i worked here for Bad Brad Mu'f@ckin' McMorrow 2 years ago was from one of um. Thing had 6.6  turbocharged diesel v8 and 5 stages on the programmer, №5 added an extra 200 hp to it. Jacked up so high you had to jump down out the cab too lol.

About to head out to help my niece move off of campus for the final time.  This is so exciting.  The world is ahead of her and she is on the path to her own personal success.

😊

Never made it to Royal Oak.  Ended up getting towed to the service center after my brake stoppability  dissolved in traffic.  Fortunately, it was after the morning rush hour.  Back in from Enterprise Rental and now it's grass cutting time. 

50 minutes ago, TronRP said:

Never made it to Royal Oak.  Ended up getting towed to the service center after my brake stoppability  dissolved in traffic.  Fortunately, it was after the morning rush hour.  Back in from Enterprise Rental and now it's grass cutting time. 

That is terrifying. I’m glad that you’re OK!

3 hours ago, Anna Phylaxis said:

That is terrifying. I’m glad that you’re OK!

Yeah, unfortunately, my older sister @Trene4000 was my passenger and she was messed up when I had to drive the truck down the sidewalk to avoid running headlong into cross traffic.  Fortunately, the light was red for them and green for us, but it was at a mandatory right turn, thus the need to use the sidewalk to slow the vehicle down.  We ended up coming to a stop right in the bus stop with both passenger tires on the curb, the driver side tires on the street and the truck straddling the bike lane.

The rep at AAA Roadside Assistance made my tow a priority classifying it as a medical emergency with pedestrian obstruction given that we were on the sidewalk and Trene was on her last canister of oxygen.  😅

Our baby sister (the one you met last June) arrived 30 minutes later to drive her home before she ran out of oxygen and the tow truck arrived 12 minutes after that.

So yes, we are fine and everything worked out.

19 hours ago, TronRP said:

Yeah, unfortunately, my older sister @Trene4000 was my passenger and she was messed up when I had to drive the truck down the sidewalk to avoid running headlong into cross traffic.  Fortunately, the light was red for them and green for us, but it was at a mandatory right turn, thus the need to use the sidewalk to slow the vehicle down.  We ended up coming to a stop right in the bus stop with both passenger tires on the curb, the driver side tires on the street and the truck straddling the bike lane.

The rep at AAA Roadside Assistance made my tow a priority classifying it as a medical emergency with pedestrian obstruction given that we were on the sidewalk and Trene was on her last canister of oxygen.  😅

Our baby sister (the one you met last June) arrived 30 minutes later to drive her home before she ran out of oxygen and the tow truck arrived 12 minutes after that.

So yes, we are fine and everything worked out.

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry that you guys had to go through this. That’s just awful…

5 minutes ago, Anna Phylaxis said:

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry that you guys had to go through this. That’s just awful…

~~~~~

What angers me the most about the entire incident is that it shouldn't have even been a thing.  I take my vehicle in for service every year and they are supposed to do specific point inspections for each maintenance check.  My brake line was completely rusted through and finally gave up the goat.  When I mentioned that at the service center and also how they said I was supposed to have an undercarriage zinc wash, the first thing the rep said was, "Well, you know how the weather is here and how the rain water and salt can corrode the underside of vehicles." 

Yeah, I almost lost it.  That was the reason for me having the anti-corrosion wash done!  Literally, all 3 brake lines were 100% corroded on the external with the one eaten completely through.

I told them that thanks to this, when I get my vehicle back, I'm going to be under there with my inspection mirror because now I don't trust anything.  She then goes on to tell me that I hadn't been there since September of 2022.  But a service should last longer than one month and my vehicle started slowly losing break fluid less than 6 months later with being driven half the usual time and distance due to a change in Trene's doctors being closer to the Detroit city limit.

I have always worked on my vehicles myself.  Growing up, my father was an off and on mechanic and my brother was a military mechanic, so working on vehicles is practically in my blood.  The only thing I don't do is undercarriage stuff because I do not have the equipment for it, but I have a shade-tree mechanic neighbor who is willing to help me out with that.  My dealership warranty was up in 2019, so I have no issues with handling things myself going forward.

~~~~~

My sister's situation was caused by an accident and the last thing I need is for her to lose faith in my abilities due to someone else's inability to properly do their job because auto places generally have an unspoken rule that they can get more work and money of off female drivers because we don't understand our vehicles and need their assistance. 

:dry:

On 5/7/2024 at 11:52 PM, TronRP said:

~~~~~

What angers me the most about the entire incident is that it shouldn't have even been a thing.  I take my vehicle in for service every year and they are supposed to do specific point inspections for each maintenance check.  My brake line was completely rusted through and finally gave up the goat.  When I mentioned that at the service center and also how they said I was supposed to have an undercarriage zinc wash, the first thing the rep said was, "Well, you know how the weather is here and how the rain water and salt can corrode the underside of vehicles." 

Yeah, I almost lost it.  That was the reason for me having the anti-corrosion wash done!  Literally, all 3 brake lines were 100% corroded on the external with the one eaten completely through.

I told them that thanks to this, when I get my vehicle back, I'm going to be under there with my inspection mirror because now I don't trust anything.  She then goes on to tell me that I hadn't been there since September of 2022.  But a service should last longer than one month and my vehicle started slowly losing break fluid less than 6 months later with being driven half the usual time and distance due to a change in Trene's doctors being closer to the Detroit city limit.

I have always worked on my vehicles myself.  Growing up, my father was an off and on mechanic and my brother was a military mechanic, so working on vehicles is practically in my blood.  The only thing I don't do is undercarriage stuff because I do not have the equipment for it, but I have a shade-tree mechanic neighbor who is willing to help me out with that.  My dealership warranty was up in 2019, so I have no issues with handling things myself going forward.

~~~~~

My sister's situation was caused by an accident and the last thing I need is for her to lose faith in my abilities due to someone else's inability to properly do their job because auto places generally have an unspoken rule that they can get more work and money of off female drivers because we don't understand our vehicles and need their assistance. 

:dry:

Yeah I wouldn't go back to that shop ever and would review poorly.  Name and shame!

Still you shouldn't trust anything and should do your own inspections (especially since you know what you're looking at/for.) Not that you should need to but as the Russians say "trust, but check."

My first car was a 1986 Ford Topaz that almost killed me.  I was going to the house of a girl I liked and the accelerator was giving almost no power.  I had to mash the thing to the floor to even hit just under the speed limit.  As I went to leave from there it worked fine but I had no breaks and almost drove onto Main Street!

Years later in one of my hearses I noticed the breaks going all the way to the floor.  I had rusted lines which were more expensive to replace as they were stretched.

Maybe that's why I drive like an old man, because I expect things to fail and only trust them so far.  Not that I don't take some risks but only the ones I'm at least 90% sure of.

Had fun playing with my neighbor's gas powered yard tools this morning.  I've never used a gas powered backpack blower before...so much fun.  Now I'm about to start looking for auto restorers since Toyota said they don't want to touch my vehicle.  I really don't get it if a person is willing to pay for the work to be done, but whatever they need to do so they don't lose their "Toyota Verification".