Videos or songs that are not Goth, but are anyways...

Rev.Reverence

Incorrect, I asked who wanted me here. I didn't ask anyone to tolerate me or accept me. I'm not changing for anyone, nor should I have to, pretty much because I'm right :D

Anyhow Scales it's been a widely known fact that the argument of where goth grew out of eventually falls back to Black Sabbath, then The Doors, then Chamber Music, then cave music beating on rocks with sticks. But that's a whole nother argument.

Yeah...RIGHT. You are SO right about many things...but about others you are WRONG.

..& yeah...ALLOT of peoples FORGET the psychedelic backgrounds ;)...not I...with my pretty tie-dyes...this aspect pissed me right off when I was doin' a fetish show once...& the promoter/organizer would not let me use WAR PIGS by SABBATH for a performance...sux..they thought it had nothing to do with anything Goth or dark or whatever prejudged bullshit sceane they thought they were pushing down the peoples throats.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That makes NO sence...& really...did you guys have a meeting?? :rofl:

'Nother one

I love this one...you see...he doesn't WANT to fight...& he is sad because these dudes seriously pushed him to the point of physicality.

It makes perfect sense. You might not see it in Detroit, but if you read into the culture.. you'd see it.

Why admit to being GOTH when it's misconstrued as being INDUSTRIAL or METAL? I wouldn't want to fit into those fucking genres. There is no "evolution" of "goth".. It's just dead, not undead. Beyond, what's the point in labeling yourself anyway? Can't we just be people interested in what we like?

Edited by Necromanta

Yeah...RIGHT. You are SO right about many things...but about others you are WRONG.

Explain to me how I'm wrong. My logic cannot be flawed, simply because it is logic. You saying that I am wrong does not in fact prove me wrong.

It makes perfect sense. You might not see it in Detroit, but if you read into the culture.. you'd see it.

Why admit to being GOTH when it's misconstrued as being INDUSTRIAL or METAL? I wouldn't want to fit into those fucking genres. There is no "evolution" of "goth".. It's just dead, not undead. Beyond, what's the point in labeling yourself anyway? Can't we just be people interested in what we like?

Yeah, people fuck up what goth is, but that is what is awesome about the new definition. It gets to live on in a new form which might not be as cool as the original one, but at least it includes it in a small way. Although hearing people call MSI goth does kill me just a little bit inside each time.

Explain to me how I'm wrong. My logic cannot be flawed, simply because it is logic. You saying that I am wrong does not in fact prove me wrong.

:rofl:no. figure it out for yourself.

Certainly..be who you are...but I am not saying anything against that...am I.

.....AND I really don't remember labeling myself...I was inviting peoples to share what they classify as "not ordinarily a goth band; that has a goth song OR video".....now peoples are trying to say I'm labeling shit...I did not SAY to label shit...nor to conform to the way I see shit...I in turn certainly refuse to conform to the narrow classifications that other Humans spit out daily ;)

CLASSIFICATIONS seem to be a necessary thing...OR how could we talk about things...

If someone says they wrote a Metal tune that ACTUALLY sounded like Reggae..you would call that Reggae would you not?

When someone wrights a song..& it sounds like a Goth tune...I call it Goth.

I am SO fucking done with this conversation. PEACE OUT.

I don't even know, that's the point. He just said I'm wrong and if he won't even say about what then I'm not going to care. If I'm wrong I'll fully admit it, but I have to be proven wrong first.

I see.... I am glad I am not the only one who missed it....

Rev? what are we talking about here and does it need it's own thread?

Incorrect, I asked who wanted me here. I didn't ask anyone to tolerate me or accept me. I'm not changing for anyone, nor should I have to, pretty much because I'm right :D

...that phee...I don't even know what the fuck this kid is talkin' about over here...I don't know what he is referring to...therefore, I disagree...as a point of principal...as he IS most certainly wrong about SOMETHING...& I think we can start with posting in this thread to begin with.

I thought I started a thread to post vids in that fit the category:

"Videos or songs that are not Goth, but are anyways"

Seems some peoples do not care what a thread is about...they will just burst in & start spewing their stale rhetoric.

...that phee...I don't even know what the fuck this kid is talkin' about over here...I don't know what he is referring to...therefore, I disagree...as a point of principal...as he IS most certainly wrong about SOMETHING...& I think we can start with posting in this thread to begin with.

I thought I started a thread to post vids in that fit the category:

"Videos or songs that are not Goth, but are anyways"

Seems some peoples do not care what a thread is about...they will just burst in & start spewing their stale rhetoric.

But the very title of the thread is incorrect because of what the neo-definition of goth is. Technically it's not a question of if it's goth or not, but how goth it is. That is to say it's more of a scale.

But the very title of the thread is incorrect because of what the neo-definition of goth is. Technically it's not a question of if it's goth or not, but how goth it is. That is to say it's more of a scale.

NO! you are incorrect...completely...this is an OPINION thread.

I wrote the thread title I WANTED...if YOU want to argue about how goth something is...go & start one...

I'm into it...but not here...

Stone Roses ~ I Want To Be Adored