The Biggest Loser DGN Style

Oh_My_Goth

good man.

My problem is the same age old one, motivation. Just cant seem to stay motivated. Been treading water at this same BMI / Weight range for ages now. (210-220) (I'm 6'4") No real muscle to speak of so that's not 220 lean n mean, that's just 220 tall and semi fat.

You might try looking for something that you can handle that's more athletic/sporty than just trying to get in shape. I enjoy lifting weights and swimming, but I found it easier to keep up with things when I found that I enjoyed combat sports. I know you've mentioned problems as a result of your car crash in the past, so I don't know what you're physically capable of handling, but the added focus was of great help to me.

You might try looking for something that you can handle that's more athletic/sporty than just trying to get in shape. I enjoy lifting weights and swimming, but I found it easier to keep up with things when I found that I enjoyed combat sports. I know you've mentioned problems as a result of your car crash in the past, so I don't know what you're physically capable of handling, but the added focus was of great help to me.

My reaction time has went to shit so marital arts and such are out, unfortunately. (was actively training in various types of self defense in the past for a long time) I mean I COULD do it again, but I'm just not feeling it. I agree though some type of action-oriented "hobby" (for lack of a better term) is a lot more motivating than straight working out at least for me. *ponders*

3.5 hours of judo. Crushed.

nice

After abs, today I did Farmer's Squats ass to grass barefoot which I also plan to start doing with deadlifts. Being barefoot helped me on my form and I found out I was putting too much weight on my heels. I then tried a new variation of DB Calf Raises raising one foot as high up as possible in the calf raise, and the other only half-way, then alternating after one rep; I kept a chair in front of me so I could put the weight down fast. Then I stumbled over to the bench to do one-legged leg extensions at first forgetting to put any weight on the bar. I will be explicitly sore tomorrow and eating my way out of it.

I did my first CrossFit workout of the day with my friend/personal trainer. Today, I did CINDY. 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, and 15 air-squats for AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) for twenty minutes. It was an awesome work out and I'll be training with her once a week.

I uh... was watching true blood and knew it was going to be a long "cute" (rather than hot) sex scene so I did pushups until it was over .. so that was like 26 hah. (and damn i'm outa shape my chest and palms (just the weight them i guess the palms i mean) were burning.

Not that the pushups and crunches and arm curls that I've been doing are going to lose me much weight. Haven't done any "Real" cardio in weeks. /slaps own ass

I started taking a high potency Fish Oil. I heard it's great for joint inflammation.

I take fish oil almost every day, only reason I don't is I just forget. Omega 3 has pretty good studies behind it. Unlike many vitamins/minerals which are just "hand me down" beliefs, with no well done studies or only a few which are not conclusive (no single study is)) although mega-doses are known to be overkill, you can only absorb so much at a time. The problem can be the Omega 6 and Omega 3 imbalance as they both compete for the same resources that keep inflammation down. If your Omega 6 intake is high, adding omega 3 wont do anything (might even hurt) apparently there is a ballance that needs to be struck. (although the majority of people apparently will benifit from addtional omega 3)

http://theconsciouslife.com/anti-inflammatory-diet-how-to-balance-omega-3-omega-6-fats.htm

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been training up hard for MANFAST next year.

I too have been training... stuck at about 200 for reps benching and 80lb curls... (i hear there are some men to beat in upper body and if i can get ANY points there as a chic I am satisfied.... Jenny has best idea... chics all for one until men eliminated for a change... I say we crush them!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

As many of you know, I have PCOS. So I've been struggling with my weight for years now. After being stuck at a whopping 260lbs, size 22 pants, and 38/40h bra, for 2-2.5 years, I've -finally- started losing. It's only a little, and it fluxuates, but I've dropped a pants size, and I've lost like 2 cup sizes. My body still aches, but the pain in my upper back has gone down, and because of how my fat is distributed, I still look proportionate on top.

I'm so happy. My first goal is 200. My second is 180. And I'll see from there. PCOS, in me, causes insulin resistance, which makes gaining weight really easy, an losing very difficult, because the insulin has lost the ability to properly break down fat even with exercise and diet. So this will be an excruciatingly slow process.. But it feels great that I've made any progress at all :-D

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been training... stuck at about 200 for reps benching and 80lb curls... (i hear there are some men to beat in upper body and if i can get ANY points there as a chic I am satisfied.... Jenny has best idea... chics all for one until men eliminated for a change... I say we crush them!!!!!

I'm not competing but am quite proud of my upper body. I have massive chesticles

• 2 weeks later...

As many of you know, I have PCOS. So I've been struggling with my weight for years now. After being stuck at a whopping 260lbs, size 22 pants, and 38/40h bra, for 2-2.5 years, I've -finally- started losing. It's only a little, and it fluxuates, but I've dropped a pants size, and I've lost like 2 cup sizes. My body still aches, but the pain in my upper back has gone down, and because of how my fat is distributed, I still look proportionate on top.

I'm so happy. My first goal is 200. My second is 180. And I'll see from there. PCOS, in me, causes insulin resistance, which makes gaining weight really easy, an losing very difficult, because the insulin has lost the ability to properly break down fat even with exercise and diet. So this will be an excruciatingly slow process.. But it feels great that I've made any progress at all :-D

Girlfriend has PCOS and hypothyroid, after trying lots of different dietary restrictions, lifting, cardio and drugs to no avail she finally got on something that helped, but it only slowed the gain rather than stopped it. I suggested she try carb cycling as there have been a couple recent studies that suggest that such a thing works well on insulin resistant people. She's dropped 60lbs. T-Nation Carb Cycling Hopefully that helps. Good luck!