Statick

This is probably too far away for most of the people around Detroit, but it might be of interest to people further west. I'm thinking of Candyman in particular.

This night is still new, so I have no idea how long it will last. I'm not sure if it's 18 + or 21+.

edit: It is 21 +, sorry for those too young to get in.

Statick @ Mulligan's Pub

1518 Wealthy St.SE, Grand Rapids MI

[616] 451-0775

DJ Jason Ash

EBM/ Synthpop/ Industrial/ Electro/ Retro

11pm -2am

The last Friday of every month

http://www.myspace.com/mulliganspub

Flyer below:

post-189-1228880086_thumb.jpg

Edited by mauraway

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Statick has been going on for a few months now. From what the DJ has told me, and from my friends in Grand Rapids who go, it seems to have good music and be reasonably popular. I'd go, if I was in Grand Rapids.

If people want, I can make more of an effort to post flyers and such further in advance of "the last Friday of the month". I am under the impression that there are no weekly industrial nights in that city. Monthly events can survive, if people actually have the desire to go.

Although, I see someone named Mulligans has apparently joined the board recently, so maybe he/she will post reminders.

mauraway

Statick has been going on for a few months now. From what the DJ has told me, and from my friends in Grand Rapids who go, it seems to have good music and be reasonably popular. I'd go, if I was in Grand Rapids.

If people want, I can make more of an effort to post flyers and such further in advance of "the last Friday of the month". I am under the impression that there are no weekly industrial nights in that city. Monthly events can survive, if people actually have the desire to go.

Although, I see someone named Mulligans has apparently joined the board recently, so maybe he/she will post reminders.

mauraway

Ok...I think I did everything right. I posted info for the night.

Sorry it was a bit too late for the last one but put March on your calendar...March 27th

(the last friday of the month)

Last friday was the best night ever and it seems to be catching on rather quickly...

see you then!

• 1 month later...

Ok...I think I did everything right. I posted info for the night.

Sorry it was a bit too late for the last one but put March on your calendar...March 27th

(the last friday of the month)

Last friday was the best night ever and it seems to be catching on rather quickly...

see you then!

Statick....once again, this Friday night. Dont miss it.

post-3637-1240514808_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Statick....once again, this Friday night. Dont miss it.

It figures that I would find this board at the beginning of the month. Well, I hope it is around in May too.

I just moved to Michigan, in the Grand Rapids area - I've been getting the feeling that if there is anything around here, that Detroit and Chicago were the two closest places.

So, other than this once-monthly event, what else do Grand Rapids goths do when not leaving town?

In conjunction with the MI Industrial- Goth Rideboard which I run, I have a list of goth- industrial type regularly occuring events across Michigan [including Grand Rapids] here:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mauraway/eventslist.html

I have a friend in GR, so yeah escaping to Chicago and Detroit is something she likes to do too.

I hope you can find something interesting to do.

mauraway

MI Goth-Industrial Rideboard

Carpool! share rides/ gas money, meet new people, help each other out. Use it.

http://www.umich.edu/~mauraway/rideboard.html

In conjunction with the MI Industrial- Goth Rideboard which I run, I have a list of goth- industrial type regularly occuring events across Michigan [including Grand Rapids] here:

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mauraway/eventslist.html

I have a friend in GR, so yeah escaping to Chicago and Detroit is something she likes to do too.

I hope you can find something interesting to do.

mauraway

MI Goth-Industrial Rideboard

Carpool! share rides/ gas money, meet new people, help each other out. Use it.

http://www.umich.edu/~mauraway/rideboard.html

Wow - I even see a few local things, which is good, because anything that involves pre-planning is something I can only do every once in a while. Though it is nice having a list of those options as well!

Thank you ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Once again TONIGHT is the last Friday of the month.

Statick

5/29/09

synthpop, ebm, industrial, retro

DJ Jason Ash + Devil Dolls go-go dancers including Miss Pussycat

9 pm-2am NO COVER

@ Mulligan's other side

1518 Wealthy St, Grand Rapids MI

Edited by mauraway