DGN sushi get-together

Guest greyhalo

DGN sushi night  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest greyhalo

The idea came up in the "Stupid Cupid" thread, so I figured I'd start a poll. It's not my intention to do any matchmaking with board members. I just figured it would be nice to get sushi together since so many of us seem to like it. I can recommend several sushi restaurants in my area, which happens to be Royal Oak. Cafe Sushi is a large place, so it would be no problem to set aside a table for a dozen people. Spook and I went there a couple of weeks ago (no, it wasn't a date).

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest greyhalo

Hi GreyHalo --

I'm in for that, and it's near me too.

I have not tried Cafe Sushi, I'm up for it tho. Noble Fish is good, just small!

My schedule is kinda crazy, so hopefully I can make it.

I LOVE Noble Fish. I buy fun Japanese candy there all the time.

Guest greyhalo

No, I don't like sushi.

....& I'm also afraid you guys will embarrass me... :harhar:

...but the sushi is the big problem...

You and pheramoans can always set up a pizza matchmaking event or something...

Guest greyhalo

To be clear --

I'm up for the sushi gathering, not the match-making bit.

Me too. That's why I said the matchmaking wasn't my intention. It would just put pressure on people who could otherwise enjoy a relaxed sushi meal.

I'm not a huge sushi fan, so I'll prolly just order some Chinee waffles or something.

I has an AWESOME idea though.

Instead of the matchmakey deal, there should be two dinner groups. One group will go out for sushi to the aforementioned place, and the other group will go to Beirut Gardens. Both groups will arrange to leave at just about the same time and they will inevitably run into each other on the street boasting of how superior their ethnic dining experience was. The arguments begin over who picked the better restaurant and that's when everyone breaks out the costumes and do a song and dance battle in the middle of downtown Royal Oak a-la "The Drew Carey Show"

That would be so awesome, I'd have to make space between Randy Rhoads' solo in "Crazy Train" and Boba Fett on my list of greatest creations from the minds of mankind...EVAR.

So who's in?

Everyone has to pick sides privately though. Nobody can be in cahoots with the other side.

Guest greyhalo

I'm not a huge sushi fan, so I'll prolly just order some Chinee waffles or something.

I has an AWESOME idea though.

Instead of the matchmakey deal, there should be two dinner groups. One group will go out for sushi to the aforementioned place, and the other group will go to Beirut Gardens. Both groups will arrange to leave at just about the same time and they will inevitably run into each other on the street boasting of how superior their ethnic dining experience was. The arguments begin over who picked the better restaurant and that's when everyone breaks out the costumes and do a song and dance battle in the middle of downtown Royal Oak a-la "The Drew Carey Show"

target="_blank

That would be so awesome, I'd have to make space between Randy Rhoads' solo in "Crazy Train" and Boba Fett on my list of greatest creations from the minds of mankind...EVAR.

So who's in?

Everyone has to pick sides privately though. Nobody can be in cahoots with the other side.

Cafe Sushi isn't in downtown Royal Oak. Sorry.

God Dammit!!!!!

doesn't matter, we can still make this work

L I T T L E T R E E !

that was what you were thinking of, yes? right next door to beirut gardens!

i like little tree because ...

a) they serve alcohol

b) they have noodles and other non-raw-fish dishes for friends of sushi lovers.

it's a bit pricey, but it's a nice place :-)

and oh yeah, count me in for the dgn sushifest!

v

Guest greyhalo

God Dammit!!!!!

Excuse me, this is a SUSHI event. If you don't like sushi, then you, Rev. and whoever else isn't sophisticated enough to appreciate it can go get some cheap pizza from Happy's and do some matchmaking.

This is MY event. Go start you own poll.

(Just kidding.)

Instead of the matchmakey deal, there should be two dinner groups. One group will go out for sushi to the aforementioned place, and the other group will go to Beirut Gardens. Both groups will arrange to leave at just about the same time and they will inevitably run into each other on the street boasting of how superior their ethnic dining experience was.

[We goto the Club afterward and the debate can continue, invariably resulting in a "I'm Bad" face off on the dance floor.-ed.]

So who's in?

I am SO into this idea (since I edited it)...but for purposes of rides & scheduling...I haz to pull in the reigns on your anarchist ways...

I'll be eating the lamb kabobs...

Guest greyhalo

I am SO into this idea (since I edited it)...but for purposes of rides & scheduling...I haz to pull in the reigns on your anarchist ways...

I'll be eating the lamb kabobs...

You guys are thread-jacking--says the worst thread-jacker on the block. :tongue:

Spook and I went there a couple of weeks ago (no, it wasn't a date).

But we did go back to her place afterwards and she got my shirt off. But there was a killer attack flying squirrel involved with that.

I voted yes, of course.

Guest greyhalo

L I T T L E T R E E !

that was what you were thinking of, yes? right next door to beirut gardens!

i like little tree because ...

a) they serve alcohol

b) they have noodles and other non-raw-fish dishes for friends of sushi lovers.

it's a bit pricey, but it's a nice place :-)

and oh yeah, count me in for the dgn sushifest!

v

Cafe Sushi also has a variety on its menu as well as alcohol. I'm all about the hot sake!

Hey, if you'd rather meet at Little Tree, that's fine. Parking in downtown Royal Oak can be a bitch though.

Guest greyhalo

God Dammit!!!!!

OK, if we meet at Little Tree instead, your plan can happen.

So, what do I do if I want food from both places...?

Excuse me, this is a SUSHI event. If you don't like sushi, then you, Rev. and whoever else isn't sophisticated enough to appreciate it can go get some cheap pizza from Happy's and do some matchmaking.

This is MY event. Go start you own poll.

(Just kidding.)

I was just joshing about the not liking sushi thing, but I had to create a solid foundation for my ridiculous tangent.

I'd still be willing to face off wherever.

Even if no one else has the marbles for a song and dance face off, I'll still smash on sushi night.

Archived