'the saddest music in the world'

Paper Hearts

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, if he says Pet Songs is good, it must be, he obviously knows his music...although he did say he was into New Order more than Joy Division...so maybe don't run but deffinately have an escape route planned or have an axe hidden under your couch cushions or something.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ok opnly goths think joy division is better than New Order, New Order has sold far more records and appealed to a far greater range of people than Joy Division.

here is the review of PET SOUNDS not pet songs from Rolling Stone

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/...gion=mainRegion

here is from all music: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&s...he821v0jzzca~T1

In late 1965, the Beatles released Rubber Soul. Amazed at the high song quality and overall cohesiveness of the album, Brian began writing songs — with help from lyricist Tony Asher — and producing sessions for a song suite charting a young man's growth to emotional maturity. Though Capitol was resistant to an album with few obvious hits, the group spent more time working on the vocals and harmonies than any other previous project. The result, released in May 1966 as Pet Sounds, more than justified the effort. It's still one of the best-produced and most influential rock LPs ever released, culminating years of Brian's perfectionist productions and songwriting. Critics praised Pet Sounds, but the new direction failed to impress American audiences. Though it reached the Top Ten, Pet Sounds missed a gold certificate (the first to do so since the group's debut LP). Conversely, worldwide reaction was not just positive but jubilant. In England, the album hit number two and earned the Beach Boys honors for best group in year-end polls by NME — above even the Beatles, hardly slouches themselves with the releases of "Paperback Writer"/"Rain" and Revolver.

Still, I'd give up my love for the Beach Boys, for the girl with red hair.

Guest Game of Chance

ok opnly goths think joy division is better than New Order, New Order has sold far more records and appealed to a far greater range of people than Joy Division. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dude...you are so off here...saying new order is better than the joy division is like saying tones on tails is better than bauhaus...and i'm not even goth :fear :whistling

oh...oops...did i just say that

Joy Division never made a song as complete and moving as "Temptation". Sorry, New Order became better musicians, song writers and meant more to poular culture than Joy Division.

in fact check out the documentary by PBS for the history of Rock N Roll, they spend as much time on New Order as they do the Beatles.

Guest Game of Chance

So we agree to disagree...new order was always a little too pop for me...I used to make fun of my friends for listening to them

I like you BS9 but i just really don't like New Order AS MUCH without Ian Curtis. I think that Ian Curtis meant more to popular culture in the short time he had in the spotlight than maybe anyone else, in a way they made the 80's sound like it did and without him they'd have never gotton that far. Any rate, that's just my tastes, if everyone was like me I wouldn't need to post on here.

that's really the great paradox of modern consumerism-you buy something to establish your identity and doing that immediatly means that you're just like so many others...I like Joy Divisions sound better because it wasn't quite as popular but saying that immediatly makes me like so many goths, you're right but either way it's a cliche.

You really know your music man, I was just joking with you. I happen to like Joy Division more.

Guest Game of Chance

by the way, i don't know if you read alot of the New Order and Joy Division books but every living member of the band says New Order is a better band than Joy Division, Bernard Sumner actually rips Joy Division sometimes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dude...its called losing your edge...look at Ian McKaye from Minor Threat...(songs like Staight Edge, In My Eyes)...now an admitted heroin addict

I like you BS9 but i just really don't like New Order AS MUCH without Ian Curtis. I think that Ian Curtis meant more to popular culture in the short time he had in the spotlight than maybe anyone else, in a way they made the 80's sound like it did and without him they'd have never gotton that far. Any rate, that's just my tastes, if everyone was like me I wouldn't need to post on here.

that's really the great paradox of modern consumerism-you buy something  to establish your identity and doing that immediatly means that you're just like so many others...I like Joy Divisions sound better because it wasn't quite as popular but saying that immediatly makes me like so many goths, you're right but either way it's a cliche.

You really know your music man, I was just joking with you. I happen to like Joy Division more.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Game OF Chance, Paper Hearts - we have no alternative but to engage in a fist fight.

meet me at the bike rack at 3 o'clock.

Guest Game of Chance

Game OF Chance, Paper Hearts - we have no alternative but to engage in a fist fight. 

meet me at the bike rack at 3 o'clock.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We're gonna kick your ass Ted...take his lunch money Paper Hearts

We're gonna kick your ass Ted...take his lunch money Paper Hearts

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

and also I like Echo and the Bunnymen, The The and the Ocean Blue.....the Railway Children, Xymox, Wire, The Fall, The Buzzcocks, the Cocteau Twins and Wolfgang Press.

you gotta problem with that baldy?

Guest MsMaldoror

I agree with PH about Ian Curtis. I like New Order, even though they are a bunch of pussies. They lost their backbone when Curtis died back in 1981.

As a matter of fact...oh wait...i kinda like most of those bands too...easy man...i'm a reformed punk rocker

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how about future pop stuff they play at City Club like Apop, VNV nation, Covenant, A Covenant of thorns, Assemblage 23, etc?

how about depeche mode?

ok this is my last post in this thread, it's a thread drift!

Guest Game of Chance

how about future pop stuff they play at City Club like Apop, VNV nation, Covenant, A Covenant of thorns,  Assemblage 23, etc?

how about depeche mode?

ok this is my last post in this thread, it's a thread drift!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

To be honest, I don't know a lot of the the stuff they play there...I'm happy when Pigface is on :grin

Archived