Goths and Tanning

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lay out when i can and i wear as little as possible to gethe sun on most parts of my skin, I have a good amount of italian in me so i get a nice olive/honey color.

Lestat almost turns Black, and the kids are all water/sun fiends.

lilith

Guest MsMaldoror

I couldn't tan if I wanted to, and yes, I've tried in the past. I burn, even with protection. But, at least staying out of the sun has kept me from getting wrinkles :cool .

I would prefer NOT to tan, and NEVER seek out a tan.

But I can't stand the feel or smell of tanning lotion, and live a pretty active outdoor life in the summer - fishing, camping, etc. So I end up with a gradual, mild tan by default.

I always have silly, unattractive tan lines, too. Always tanned from mid-thigh down and white from midthigh up due to wearing jean shorts 99% of the time. And until I discovered flip-flops again, my feet had horrible, patchy Columbia sandal tans.

Last year, my husband and I were fishing out on a pier in the ocean, and hadn't thought to bring sunblock. Jon went shirtless, and at one point I looked over and was horrified to see his back was covered in tiny blisters. I'd never seen anything like that before, and the carnage when they all started popping was just disgusting.

Sun BAD.

Sun+Senay= Crisped like bacon.

I have no choice in the matter. My skin simply doesn't tan.

Drives me up the freakin' wall when I see the tv ads for the fake tanning lotion... "You just look so much HEALTHIER and YOUNGER..." Grrrr. How is that not offensive to people who are naturally pale? What if it were the reverse? "Brand new skin lightening lotion! Everyone looks better with lighter skin! So c'mon all you darkies out there, buy this crap. Wouldn't wanna look like a LOSER now would you?" :tongue:

Heh, I've actually seen people pointing out to their to friends how pale my legs are. My sister who is just as pale as me won't wear shorts because of that. Those people can kiss my lily white ass. :tongue:

Sun+Senay= Crisped like bacon.

I have no choice in the matter. My skin simply doesn't tan.

Drives me up the freakin' wall when I see the tv ads for the fake tanning lotion... "You just look so much HEALTHIER and YOUNGER..."  Grrrr. How is that not offensive to people who are naturally pale? What if it were the reverse? "Brand new skin lightening lotion! Everyone looks better with lighter skin! So c'mon all you darkies out there, buy this crap. Wouldn't wanna look like a LOSER now would you?"  :tongue:

Heh, I've actually seen people pointing out to their to friends how pale my legs are. My sister who is just as pale as me won't wear shorts because of that. Those people can kiss my lily white ass.  :tongue:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There ya go, to hell with them...

i'd love to be naturally pale. but as a blonde i'm naturally very erm... pink. and not the cool pink.

and i cant really avoid the sun when on patroll, hillwalking, archery or sword practice...

all very outdoor sports. fopr the most part i keep covered (short pants should be made illegal), long loose sleaves. got quite a thick head of hair whic helps with keeping sun off my neck.

i'm not a hat person tbh either

Archived