Men and make-up

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to add that I really don't like nail polish on men. I won't not talk to you because of it or anything, but I think it looks bad, especially since most men don't take care of their nails at all anyway.

First guy that tries to use my foundation gets his balls smacked.

:rofl: One of the first times ever I yelled at Morbid was when he tried to use my $30 per 2 oz. Lancome blemish concealer as white face paint. Luckily he doesn't go for that look anymore.

I guess I should answer my own question.

I think a little eyeliner looks good if the guy either knows how to apply it right or gets a female friend to do it, which a lot of guys don't. There have been times getting ready to go out that I've grabbed my guy friends and a tissue and said "I can't let you leave the house that way." It kind of annoys me if a guy wears eyeliner every single time we go out, though. Sometimes the natural look is nice too.

Once in a while I like to do the whole glam rocker look on my boyfriend with silver eye shadow and lipstick, but only maybe a couple times a year.

Anything else really does nothing for me. I especially don't like it when guys try to look like the Crow or Marilyn Manson, or some weird combo of the two. Most of the time they just look like misguided mimes or ousted Kiss members.

I was trained a great many Moons ago by a Lady with the same thought process..... & I do that to my male freinds of younger years than I before Club & whatnot... KEEPIN' THE TRADITIONS!

The way I look at makeup/fashion is that you can get elaborate as you want as long as you have flow. I mostly wear makeup for taking photos since it's too frowned upon by employers. Lately I've been sticking with black and red nail polish with cutoff gloves, black liquid eyeliner for eyeliner art, and I might try black lipstick again when I get a "snakebite" labret piercing for some small curved spikes.

I’m all about varied displays of facial art at clubs, theatres, concerts, events, etc. I think make-up on men is sexy. And I agree with everyone who said that face type, along with facial hair, does affect what kind and style of make-up looks or doesn’t look good on a man. For everyday wear, while black lipstick doesn’t look right on every man, I personally think black eyeliner, and black nail polish always does the trick, adding hotness.

What I find the most sexy, however, is just that little bit of make-up that accentuates a man features.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Megalicious

I have not worn makeup in many years.. but there as a time I did not leave my house without eyeliner and about an hours work on my hair.

I want pictures Mark!!! :innocent:

• 10 months later...

Love it, but unfortunately the corporate world and norms frown upon it. Its silly, men and women have been wearing make up for thousands of years. Up until like the 1900s people decided to put a stick up their butt about it. Who cares, its freedom of expression and beauty. We live in America not Nazi Germany.

I love my boyfriend but don't want to see him in any makeup unless it's for a costume. I think several guys look nice with it and there was a time when I only dated guys who wore thin well done eyeliner, nothing that looked cheap and greasy. I believe a good friend was right when she said "I bet if I had a penis you'd let me use your eyeliner before we go out" she was right, but I will never ever let them use my mascara and everything else would be really pushing it.

oh, and NO sparkles on men! seriously, unless you don't want me anywhere near you, no sparkles on men for me.

I love my boyfriend but don't want to see him in any makeup unless it's for a costume. I think several guys look nice with it and there was a time when I only dated guys who wore thin well done eyeliner, nothing that looked cheap and greasy. I believe a good friend was right when she said "I bet if I had a penis you'd let me use your eyeliner before we go out" she was right, but I will never ever let them use my mascara and everything else would be really pushing it.

oh, and NO sparkles on men! seriously, unless you don't want me anywhere near you, no sparkles on men for me.

YES!

The only sparkles on a man should be from rubbin' on a woman!

..OR, exploding gliter-bombs on unsuspecting rooms full of black-clad-drug-heads...Tee-Hee..that was GREAT...

YES!

The only sparkles on a man should be from rubbin' on a woman!

color]

Meh, men and make-up... Not a huge fan here... Don't get me wrong some men can really pull it off and look super sexy... But I haven't seen to many...

Thannk God Jeremy is really into wearing make-up thought!!!

I've never worn sparkles.

In my younger years when I actually tried to look pretty, I did it. Ah...so many years ago....over a decade since I last did that.

I agree with the sparkles, its very hard for a guy to pull it off and look appealing to the opposite gender. But it all depends on the guy. I think David Bowie and Michael Alig pulled it off fairly well though.

Hmm..yeah..

I like it on some guys. I'm not a really big fan, but it looks really good on some guys.

But while it makes them look really pretty, good, artistic, etc...depending on the makeup, it makes me stay away. I dunno, I'm a bad goth, but I'm more attracted to natural guys. Even like Bowie...I very very VERY much appreciated his looks in his glam stage, but I would be more physically attracted to him without the makeup. So I guess..makeup on guys, when done well, would definitely spark my interest and make me love them as a friend/person/artist/etc, but merely physically speaking, it's kinda a turnoff. I don't know why. I guess it's almost like how I feel about girls. I am often stunned by some girl's beauty and I just think she is the most gorgeous thing ever, and fall in a sort of pseudo-love (girl crush), but I would never want to actually do anything with them (sadly not at all bi...so sad...). In the same way, a guy with makeup can lead me to develop something akin to a 'girl crush' on them, but not be actually physically attracted to them, at least with the makeup on.

Or at least, most of the time? haha

• 4 weeks later...