Dating in the 2000s

Here's mine:

It sucks dirty monkey taint. In the jungle. When it's really, really hot. And the Monkey's been eating really, really bad Mexican food. And drinking tequilla & beer. :ohmy:

That about sums it up. :erm

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of like stabbing your heart full of rusty icepicks, falling on your face a few times, pulling them all out and attempting to stand on them while rubbing salt into the wounds.... yeah. I'm done with that.

dangerous, expensive, time consuming... basically, pointless.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would agree with the dangerous and expensive parts totally. Time consuming, it can be like that. I've been out on dates with women where I thought I was wasting my evening away. It can be the same for the other as well. I even fell asleep at a movie with this woman that I just wasn't interested in. Don't know why I agreed to go out with her in the first place. Needless to say I didn't see her a second time. As for the pointless portion of TA's statement ~ I have to say I do not agree that it's pointless. I have also found that after I hit the age of 27 dating has become easier for myself and meeting new women is fun. It's not all a rose garden but what in life is?

People in the cyberage don't seem to date. A surprising amount of people I know my age don't actually date, they just seem to talk to someone and bang.. they're in a relationship.

Whatever happened to actually taking people out for awhile before deciding that they are in fact in a relationship.

"Hey you guys gotta meet my new girlfriend!"

"How long you been going out?"

"Uh.. a few days?"

Yes, I'm guilty of this too :(

I don't go for the formal dating thing, seems like there is too much expectation or dissappointment when you go that route. I always went for the "hang out" with the person first and see if theres any kind of a spark. I could usually tell, not always however, if there was any kind of chemistery going on. If theres none, than you can always just chill out, relax and enjoy good company. If yes, than get ready for some fireworks, potentially.

Guest MsMaldoror

Disappointemt after disappointment. It makes me numb. Then you find someone who sparks your interest, and you get all lightheaded and hopeful (at least I do) only to have him/her reject you in the long run. Yep, dating sucks. I want to go back to high school; dating was easier back then--wah!

I"m glad I don't have to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ditto that. you all make it sound absolutely horrid.  :nut

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You two, GO TO YOUR ROOMS! This is a commiseration thread. Bah, happy shiny married people... :confused

Disappointemt after disappointment.  It makes me numb.  Then you find someone who sparks your interest, and you get all lightheaded and hopeful (at least I do) only to have him/her reject you in the long run.  Yep, dating sucks.  I want to go back to high school; dating was easier back then--wah!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My sentiments in my opening statement on this thread may be more colorful than yours, but I feel this way too.

Guest MsMaldoror

I don't feel that way all the time. It's good and bad, but mostly annoying.

My sentiments in my opening statement on this thread may be more colorful than yours, but I feel this way too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You two, GO TO YOUR ROOMS!  This is a commiseration thread.  Bah, happy shiny married people... :confused

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

being married does NOT make you a happy shiny married person. we have our problems too.

just that every thread i read on here about being single is soooo depressing and negative. it is sad. very very sad. =(

it just makes me happy to be married and have those problems i guess than to be single and feel hopeless.

i'm to unused to being in a relationship.

i'm the jelous type and secretly possesive but i work hard to supress those urges. but the last 4 or 5 women have all gone of with "a friend" prettysoonafter.

so in respects i dont think i'm destined to be happily ever after. and i dont think my paranioa would let me rest easy and get comfy in a relationship

HW: termanaly single with reason

Archived