• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed that you did not address the accuracy of my riding a horse tip. I think that was the best one.

Ah, oil and futures. I cannot tell you how many conversations I have had with my dear friend Mr. Economist (though we call him Cha-Cha) over how those damn speculators keep driving up the price of gas. Sons of bitches. For real.

They trash the housing market.

They trash the oil market.

Sons. Of. Bitches.

As a horse crippled me for life and damn nearly killed me... I ignore most things involving horses.

Tips to save cash.....

*Take the bus when you can

*Ride a bike

*Car pool

*Trade in the V8 for a 4 banger

If you can not take the bus directly from home, either ride a bike to the nearest stop or drive your car and park it near a bus stop.....

It takes more time out of your day, but it helps with the cash flow.....

I know I would be starving if I drove a car right now.....

Edited by Oh_My_Goth

Yeah, I tend to only drive during the daylight hours. I REALLY hate people that cut me off.

I swear to God Almighty, Creator of All We Survey, that I have never been cut off by a minivan or a sedan / "car"... it's ALWAYS been heavy trucks or SUVs.

I mean, the family has a truck. Trucks are useful, but we sure as hell don't cut motorcyclists off.

I've wanted a motorcycle for years. This was going to be the year I got a Honda Spirit Shadow but I didn't drop my last class in time, ended up failing it, and now I have to retake it. Financial Aid won't pay for a redo so there goes my savings. I'll be damn happy when this MBA is over with but then I get to start paying it back. Whoopie.

Yeah, I tend to only drive during the daylight hours. I REALLY hate people that cut me off.

I swear to God Almighty, Creator of All We Survey, that I have never been cut off by a minivan or a sedan / "car"... it's ALWAYS been heavy trucks or SUVs.

I mean, the family has a truck. Trucks are useful, but we sure as hell don't cut motorcyclists off.

I had bought a CBR600F2 and rode it out in California for a while. When I moved back here and started riding... I got cut off ALL the time. People here are assholes to bikes. A BB gun would be good for giving a little payback. Or just some heavy lead balls to toss up in the air while they're behind....

Alot of blame on high gas prices is Rockafeller the 4th(Standard Oil)

and yes I never will ever let my fuel tank go below 2 thirds the one thing saving me on not having to refuel is most of my drive to work is 99 percent freeway.and yes we need to stick together on how to fight back,I am also going to check into that Michivan deal and find out if its worth it.

Edited by Darque Metallion

I had bought a CBR600F2 and rode it out in California for a while. When I moved back here and started riding... I got cut off ALL the time. People here are assholes to bikes. A BB gun would be good for giving a little payback. Or just some heavy lead balls to toss up in the air while they're behind....

.....MARBLES MY PAPA TOLD ME MARBLES...NO EVIDENCE IN A GLASS ON GLASS MESS..

You ma'am, are correct.

Looks like I'll see you on the bus, you know, with the other cool and non-lazy kids :dj::tongue:

The only time I have an excuse for my car is on weekends because there's no bus I can take to work (I work in Satan's Land, i.e. above Hall Rd, home of Paris Hilton clones) on Saturday or Sunday.

It really bothers me you classify me as "uncool" and "lazy" because I need my car and use it very often ..... I know you don't mean it that way ... but it still bothers me.

I would literally lose everything if I did not have my car.

Some people can live without a cell phone, others can't ... that doesn't mean one is "lazy" or "un-lazy".

It really bothers me you classify me as "uncool" and "lazy" because I need my car and use it very often ..... I know you don't mean it that way ... but it still bothers me.

I would literally lose everything if I did not have my car.

Some people can live without a cell phone, others can't ... that doesn't mean one is "lazy" or "un-lazy".

No one was calling you lazy.

Everyone knows your status on why you need to drive. So you shouldn't take offense to it.

Where the heck does a cell phone come into all of this? That is so far off the topic.

Everyone knows your status on why you need to drive. So you shouldn't take offense to it.

Where the heck does a cell phone come into all of this? That is so far off the topic.

Same analogy, different object. The gas prices suck but I still need gas every 2 - 3 days so I'll just keep paying it. Just like my cell bill. We pay Sprint every month but we need it (court ordered - long story) so we pay it.

The greed of the oil companies is only part of the problem. Remember, their profits are capped. What the media is not talking about is the fact that the dollar is being devalued big time. When the White House press secretary has been questioned directly on the matter, she says that she's not allowed to comment. Funny, that. You'd think that if the economy was doing just fine like the Neocons and Republicrats say, the answer would be a great big "NO". But no, it's just more dog and pony show while the last of the wealth is sucked out of the middle class. God forbid we should go to war with Iran. Think gas prices are high now? You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Oil is denominated in US dollars. When the dollar is worth less, oil is more expensive. This is being done very deliberately, so that people will be receptive to the idea of a North American Union. I could go on and on with this because one issue invariably dovetails into another. The best thing you can do is educate yourself on how our banking system works. Everything starts to become clear once you understand that...

What's the whole amount for gas at usa at the moment?

At germany we pay today for one liter gas about 1,50 Euro. Meantime for diesel oil it's the same.

That's among other things the reason why I have no car. :)

I'm participating in a citys project called "Carsharing", so I can use a car of a bigger carpark if I need one.

Fledermaus

Edited by Fledermaus

I wish I could use public trans. But my almost 30mile each way commute to work ..RO to Livonia - is not possible.

My work hours fluctuate so carpooling isn't really an option. And.. as much of an athlete that I like to think that I may be - 60miles per day on a bicycle is a bit much -- in addition to the time it would take!

The greed of the oil companies is only part of the problem. Remember, their profits are capped. What the media is not talking about is the fact that the dollar is being devalued big time. When the White House press secretary has been questioned directly on the matter, she says that she's not allowed to comment. Funny, that. You'd think that if the economy was doing just fine like the Neocons and Republicrats say, the answer would be a great big "NO". But no, it's just more dog and pony show while the last of the wealth is sucked out of the middle class. God forbid we should go to war with Iran. Think gas prices are high now? You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Oil is denominated in US dollars. When the dollar is worth less, oil is more expensive. This is being done very deliberately, so that people will be receptive to the idea of a North American Union. I could go on and on with this because one issue invariably dovetails into another. The best thing you can do is educate yourself on how our banking system works. Everything starts to become clear once you understand that...

I will tell you this, the war really has nothing to do with oil. I've been to Iraq twice, and it doesn't matter what goes on, gas prices keep rising.

If we go to war with Iran, it won't matter either. The whole 2 years I spent in Iraq, never once was any of it about oil. It wasn't even talked about.

China's borderline illegal manipulation of the moneys markets and thier blatant over-valueing of their Yen has nothing to do witht he value of the dollar lowering. Nothing at all. :rolleyes:

There is that whole housing crisis and the subsequant lowerings of teh prime rates... which devalue the dollar.... but hey.. that has nothing to do with the value of the dollar dropping either. :rolleyes:

It's Bush and his cronies. Even the things that he has no control over what so ever, such as China.. are all thier fault.

China's borderline illegal manipulation of the moneys markets and thier blatant over-valueing of their Yen has nothing to do witht he value of the dollar lowering. Nothing at all. :rolleyes:

There is that whole housing crisis and the subsequant lowerings of teh prime rates... which devalue the dollar.... but hey.. that has nothing to do with the value of the dollar dropping either. :rolleyes:

It's Bush and his cronies. Even the things that he has no control over what so ever, such as China.. are all thier fault.

:)

China is skrewing everything up economically for us, the world and themselves, I agree....

I tried to do the one car thing and take the bus to work... I did it for a month, it took an hour on the bus and 2 transfers and then an hour of walking... in other words it added 4 hours to my 9 hour work day... I am happy for people that don't need a car...

Our countries urban structure however, with the exception of large cities was buit outwardly for people to own cars, and not upward like in big cities for the last 80 years any way.

What's the whole amount for gas at usa at the moment?

At germany we pay today for one liter gas about 1,50 Euro. Meantime for diesel oil it's the same.

That's among other things the reason why I have no car. :)

I'm participating in a citys project called "Carsharing", so I can use a car of a bigger carpark if I need one.

Fledermaus

It would be the equivalent of about .86 Euro per liter.

This is when you should go 'WTF?!??! And you people are bitching?!?!?'

HOWEVER, most people commute more than 20 miles to work each way. So, though gas is actually reasonably priced, our commutes are not :(

And we drive cars that get like 8 miles per gallon.

Edited by sass_in_the_pants

When someone makes a generalization, like Cher did, and you fit within whatever group is being generalized... that's pretty much being "attacked". It's not personal but it still applies.