Best Pet? Why?

Cats Dogs  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like almost all animals, but as far as owning them goes, I am a cat person by nature. Cats are much more independent and much less demanding, which works better with my schedule and temperment.

I love dogs, though I am afraid of really big or generally violent breeds of dogs unless they are very well mannered and won't try to jump on me. Once I get used to them I'm fine, though. Small dogs I have no problems with. I don't own any because they are too much work, and I'm gone a lot of the time.

Other animals types of animals I like, but probably not enough to ever want to own one.

... cats hate people....

In today's society cat's are preferred over dogs because they are easier to maintain as a pet.

Felines do not hate people, they are just much more intelligent than a dog (even tough I love dogs, it's true). I'm guessing you probably had a bad experience with a cat, and your being stereotypical. My 2 cats do not like my niece (because she is 4 and likes to torture the living crap out of them, and hey guess what they don't like it imagine that.), but my 3rd one loves her. She plays with him and dresses him up, they sleep together.. so I think it depends on the cat. Some cats if properly socialized love people, if the cat is constantly traumatized/Ferrell/abused of course its going to gauge our eyes out.

nilhil_glory I had fish before .. and they died :confused: so I don't think that I can take care of them. Birds freak me out, I don't like them. I can't wait to get a house so we can get doggies ^_^!!!

if you get the right fish and the right tank set up

fish can last on there own for quiet some time as long as your running em at the right temp and the tank is kept disease free

and i would much rather own a dog

than a cat

thats why i have four

Edited by nilhil_glory

i have a 4 ft ball python....a 2 yr old ferret....a 9 yr old kittie & a squirrel thats only a few months old.

my kittie luvs ppl. he pets me & anyone else he luvz.....tiz cool! & my squirrel isnt like the onez u see outside, its a dagu squirrel and they originated from Chile!.....all of my pets are affectionate. odly enough i was shocked to find my snake to be luvy.

namez;snake iz lickey-kittie iz wizard-ferret iz christina my lil'phyco tina.....& sally the squirrel!

In today's society cat's are preferred over dogs because they are easier to maintain as a pet.

Felines do not hate people, they are just much more intelligent than a dog (even tough I love dogs, it's true). I'm guessing you probably had a bad experience with a cat, and your being stereotypical. My 2 cats do not like my niece (because she is 4 and likes to torture the living crap out of them, and hey guess what they don't like it imagine that.), but my 3rd one loves her. She plays with him and dresses him up, they sleep together.. so I think it depends on the cat. Some cats if properly socialized love people, if the cat is constantly traumatized/Ferrell/abused of course its going to gauge our eyes out.

nilhil_glory I had fish before .. and they died :confused: so I don't think that I can take care of them. Birds freak me out, I don't like them. I can't wait to get a house so we can get doggies ^_^!!!

I will rephrase then... the cat I owned, and the ones the people I know owned... they hated people.

i have a 4 ft ball python....a 2 yr old ferret....a 9 yr old kittie & a squirrel thats only a few months old.

my kittie luvs ppl. he pets me & anyone else he luvz.....tiz cool! & my squirrel isnt like the onez u see outside, its a dagu squirrel and they originated from Chile!.....all of my pets are affectionate. odly enough i was shocked to find my snake to be luvy.

namez;snake iz lickey-kittie iz wizard-ferret iz christina my lil'phyco tina.....& sally the squirrel!

I'm fairly sure that my Racha is actually a cat shaped surveliance unit sent here by aliens because she is so strange, but she's also VERY friendly! In fact, I've found that most cats if properly socialized are wonderful companion animals. I like dogs, but am allergic and way too busy so I don't really know much about ther preferability as it were.

My ex-roommates had ferrets and it was AWFUL. They pooed everywhere, smelled horrible and dug up the furniture. Not to mention the constant noise.

My pet rock is the coolest :thumbsup:

Yeah those buggers don't die to they lol.

We have adopted out 3 litters of kittens so far, and the owners can't believe how loving they are. We had everyone pick them up and play with them when they were little now they are perfect angels to their new homes. Like Nienna said dogs are a bit challenging to have (you need time and patience to train them) too much up keep. Between working full time and school time my life style is not fit to own a dog.

And seriously if YOU CANT AFFORD THE VET YOU CANT AFFORD THE PET!!!!!

Eh, cats have different personalities just like dogs.

Some dogs hate everyone because they were abused and they go right for your throat. (Pit bulls for example - some are the sweetest most loyal animals and some will rip anyone to shreds who gets close).

I love my cats. They all have slightly different personalities but they are all quite loving. My tomcat is the most loving - he will run right up to most people and look up and wait to be petted, then roll around on the floor with happiness, heh. They curl up with me if I'm sick (they seem to sense it) and they come running for the door when I get home.

I've had a whole zoo of animals in the past - a red rat (or corn) snake, painted turtles, dogs, a bunny, canary, cockatiels, finches (they actually mated and raised a brood of chicks - was amazing to watch) and a whole lot of cats over the years.

I loved them all but my life is so busy that cats are the very best pet for me at the moment.

Edited to add --- Nienna - got any photos of Rahca? I want to see the alien surveillance kitty! heh. I love unusual looking cats. I peeked at the gallery but I don't see any photos of her.

Edited by Onyx

Cats.

1. You have to Earn their love, they don't just give it automatically in most cases.

2. They Purr, love that

3. They go to the bathroom in the same place every time goddess bless em!

4. No need to walk em, much less a damper on my social life than say a dog.

5. They're adorable

6. They have distinct attitudes.

7. They're small enough to sleep on my head without crushing me

8. If they lick me it's far less messy than if a dog does.

9. They're graceful

10. They land on their feet.

Love cats!

Eh, cats have different personalities just like dogs.

Some dogs hate everyone because they were abused and they go right for your throat. (Pit bulls for example - some are the sweetest most loyal animals and some will rip anyone to shreds who gets close).

I love my cats. They all have slightly different personalities but they are all quite loving. My tomcat is the most loving - he will run right up to most people and look up and wait to be petted, then roll around on the floor with happiness, heh. They curl up with me if I'm sick (they seem to sense it) and they come running for the door when I get home.

I've had a whole zoo of animals in the past - a red rat (or corn) snake, painted turtles, dogs, a bunny, canary, cockatiels, finches (they actually mated and raised a brood of chicks - was amazing to watch) and a whole lot of cats over the years.

I loved them all but my life is so busy that cats are the very best pet for me at the moment.

Edited to add --- Nienna - got any photos of Rahca? I want to see the alien surveillance kitty! heh. I love unusual looking cats. I peeked at the gallery but I don't see any photos of her.

Dogs have mental issues as well.