A New Star Wars Movie This Summer?!?!

Opens Friday Aug 15. The first animated Star Wars feature.

click for trailer

"Another of the summer's most closely-guarded secrets, this animated extravaganza is meant to kick off the new Cartoon Network series of the same title. It's said to be focused on Anakin Skywalker, fresh from his victory in Attack of the Clones and not yet following the path of the Dark Side. At his side is his determined female padawan Ahsoka, as well as the incomparable Obi-Wan. Together they become entangled in a plot in which the kidnapping of Jabba the Hutt's son is used to set the Hutt clan against the Jedi Knights."

I been poking around on the subject for awhile. Really wish they'd just go ahead and make it live-action. What , they figure they wont make enough money to do a live action film? Please. lol.

I heard some rumors that many of the actors from the recent films are not interested in doing any more SW stuff. (My current very shaky hypothesis as to why they'd do this rather than a "real" movie) The "we are more free to explore this way" propaganda they say in that one making-of trailer notwithstanding.

• 3 weeks later...

Why Clone Wars? They should have focused in on what happened between 3 and 4. I would really be interested in seeing that.

I'm guessing to leave open the possibility of actually doing a mega-cash cow that would be that movie, live-action. Since they ALREADY did a animated TV series covering that period, in more detail than this movie could hope to. (The time period being between Episode II and III) On top off that the last two movies already cover that period the whole story arc of II and III is set against "the clone wars" backdrop. II starts the war and III ends it.

• 3 months later...

Archived