• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was driving last week on 16 Mile Road (Big Beaver) in Troy, and I saw a DGN bumper sticker on a Dodge Intrepid the colour of the car was Grey. Anyone know who that was?

I used to think that I knew most every active member of DGN who would sport a DGN bumper sticker, but umm.. help me out here. The driver was female, and had really curly darkish blonde hair.

Edited by hunhee

I was driving last week on 16 Mile Road (Big Beaver) in Troy, and I saw a DGN bumper sticker on a Dodge Intrepid the colour of the car was Grey. Anyone know who that was?

I used to think that I knew most every active member of DGN who would sport a DGN bumper sticker, but umm.. help me out here. The driver was female, and had really curly darkish blonde hair.

Might have been my friend Rachel. I think she still has a DGN bumper sticker on her car, even though she hasn't been on in about a year. Were there Obama stickers on the car, too?

Might have been my friend Rachel. I think she still has a DGN bumper sticker on her car, even though she hasn't been on in about a year. Were there Obama stickers on the car, too?

OMG, I saw that car when I was downtown at the Chaldean festival.

It had more Obama stickers than the Chicago field office.

What's her screen name?

• 1 month later...

YES! I must have one for my mini-van! I've decided that if I'm going to be driving around a white dodge caravan with a bunch of kids in it, I want the most appalling bumper stickers I possibly can get. :) And a DGN sticker would really make people wonder about me. :devil:

YES! I must have one for my mini-van! I've decided that if I'm going to be driving around a white dodge caravan with a bunch of kids in it, I want the most appalling bumper stickers I possibly can get. :) And a DGN sticker would really make people wonder about me. :devil:

Heya Taryn! Welcome again to the board! I don't want to offend you, but DGN is a community whose purpose is to bring people together, not to shock, or to frighten people away. We are definitely a different crowd, but we want those that are scared or unfamiliar to ultimately become familiar, and comfortable with us. Fear and disgust are unproductive when it comes to social exchanges. If appalling is what you want, I believe Spencer's in the Oakland Mall has some stickers that would make Manson blush =P Again, I'm not trying to attack, I just wanted to clarify a couple of things. I hope you've been enjoying the board, and that you continue to explore and get involved :) If you want a sticker, I believe you can PM founder TroySpiral for further info on the stickers. Thanks Taryn!

We have a red minivan and four kids. ... and a DGN sticker. Nothing appalliing about it.

I also have one on my bright red sport sedan. Along with a "I support charter schools" cling, right next to it. :)

Heya Taryn! Welcome again to the board! I don't want to offend you, but DGN is a community whose purpose is to bring people together, not to shock, or to frighten people away. We are definitely a different crowd, but we want those that are scared or unfamiliar to ultimately become familiar, and comfortable with us. Fear and disgust are unproductive when it comes to social exchanges. If appalling is what you want, I believe Spencer's in the Oakland Mall has some stickers that would make Manson blush =P Again, I'm not trying to attack, I just wanted to clarify a couple of things. I hope you've been enjoying the board, and that you continue to explore and get involved :) If you want a sticker, I believe you can PM founder TroySpiral for further info on the stickers. Thanks Taryn!

Perhaps I misspoke. It's less about offending people as it is making them wonder. Standing out from the norm and taking the idea of the "soccer mom" and making people re-think it. Ahh well... :p

Perhaps I misspoke. It's less about offending people as it is making them wonder. Standing out from the norm and taking the idea of the "soccer mom" and making people re-think it. Ahh well... :p

Nothing wrong with that at all :)

I've given a DGN card to a few of the mothers at my daughters school.

I always giggle a little internally at the looks I get at her school from the other parents (i iz pta parent :p )..

"....Did that scary looking tattood guy really just stand there, hold the door for us and call us ma'am?!..."

I think a DGN sticker on a family mini van would serve the same purpose. Show the world that the "freaks and weirdos" are just human beings like everybody else and are able to function in society. We aren't scary - we are just - different.

Sorry Taryhn! After re-reading my little podium bit, it is a bit biting. :shock: All apologies~I just don't know you in person, so I didn't know exactly how to take what you said. I think Rayne said it best......

We have a red minivan and four kids. ... and a DGN sticker. Nothing appalliing about it.

I also have one on my bright red sport sedan. Along with a "I support charter schools" cling, right next to it. :)

and....

Nothing wrong with that at all :)

I've given a DGN card to a few of the mothers at my daughters school.

I always giggle a little internally at the looks I get at her school from the other parents (i iz pta parent :p )..

"....Did that scary looking tattood guy really just stand there, hold the door for us and call us ma'am?!..."

I think a DGN sticker on a family mini van would serve the same purpose. Show the world that the "freaks and weirdos" are just human beings like everybody else and are able to function in society. We aren't scary - we are just - different.

I respect all of you for raising families and being yourselves while doing it :respect: And, Raev, I totally agree with you! If Nightgaunt and I ever have some little ones, and we cross over to a minivan, ya know there's going to be an awesome DGN sticker on it! :thumbsup:

Sorry Taryhn! After re-reading my little podium bit, it is a bit biting. :shock: All apologies~I just don't know you in person, so I didn't know exactly how to take what you said. I think Rayne said it best......

and....

I respect all of you for raising families and being yourselves while doing it :respect: And, Raev, I totally agree with you! If Nightgaunt and I ever have some little ones, and we cross over to a minivan, ya know there's going to be an awesome DGN sticker on it! :thumbsup:

It's all good. At 4am, everything sounds a little more 'biting' than it's probably intended. haha I totally get where you were coming from with it, too. I have nothing but respect for all of you and what we're trying to accomplish with this community. :) And hey, don't be too hard on yourself, in the last few months I've managed to offend both my sister in law, whom I've known for 14 years and my cousin who I have known her entire life. So yeah, I just apparently have some knack for saying exactly the wrong thing. lol Now if only I could harness this superpower and use it to take over the world! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :devil:

And you know, Raev, that's exactly what I'm talking about. We live in this little suburb where everyone is kind of sheltered, and then there's me, picking my daughter up in my minivan with the music blaring and all of the windows down. And of course, my bumper stickers can only be just so "appalling", because my kids have to read them, too, ya know? But these peoples' version of what is appalling is going to be far more tame than mine. hehe ;)

Edited by Taryhn

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow, i managed to miss a post for FIVE MONTHS? Holy crap. There must be some sort of time-space distortion at work.

Can you make them so you can put in windows? an if so i want one for my truck?

We had some decals made awhile back (giant things that would fill up the whole back windshield but i wasn't directly involved in them and as far as I'm aware there are none left)

The bumper stickers themselves are just standard vinyl bumper stickers. I have seen creative use of the wide clear packing tape to put them in windows.

Can you make them so you can put in windows? an if so i want one for my truck?

If you (or anyone reading this) wants bumper stickers and can promise to actually stick them on your car (or other public thing you own that will actually be seen) I'll be more than happy to send you a few. Just PM me with your address. =)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

so where do we get these famous dgn bumber stickers because i would like one

I need a couple for I have two vehicles.

Id like to have one. Id stick it onto my laptop. :)

They'll be out in front of city club this Saturday around 10-11 with me, or I can send you them if you PM me with your info and 1. promise to stick them on something non-invisible, like a bumper and post a picture in here. (the budget is really tight on DGN still, so if they are just gonna go in a drawer its hard to justify).

Defiently could use the promotion though thats for sure.