~ask The Cat Assistan ~

Well I think smudge would beg to differ, he is gay....gayest cat in the universe!

Trust me on this...he no likes girls just boys.

Crystal has a new way of telling me her litter box is NOT to her liking...she rolls turds around on the floor dowstairs until I see it...leaving nice smears...

And I scoop it EVERYDAY! Sometimes I can't get to it until late at night...and this pisses missy priss off!

She also now gets in my bed with kitty litter paws if its not done by 3pm and I dunno how she manages to only get it in my bed when its full, but she does...all the way up stairs and across the house and up into my bed, litter all over if its dirty and only if its dirty...I tried using two litter boxes but they INSIST on sharing....

Is she just defecating out of the litter box?

They usually start to behave that way if there is something going on with their health.

Defecation is often associated with impacted anal glads, you might want to take her to a vet to get those Babies emptied other wise they can get full and rupture leaving the poor kitty with a nasty infection (not fun).

Also has there been any changes in your household? New place, or person moving in? Loss of family member...?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chango the Destructo-Kitty does it again! He got up on the stove and splattered cooking oil from a pan all over himself (no it wasn't hot, he knows when the stove is hot and won't jump up then). So for the past 2 days Chango is walking around with greasy spiked fur. I am REALLY not up to trying to bathe him... is there any other way to de-grease him? I thought about rubbing him with some absorbent powder like cornstarch or cornmeal... maybe rice powder- isn't that what they do for oil-spill birds? Any ideas are welcome... if all else fails I'll recruit Tokagemaru to help bathe him (my kitties adore T. and will let him do just about anything to them... that's one reason I knew he was a good guy). But that's definitely a last resort.

I would advise giving him a bath with DAWN dish soap it will get the grease right out.

Coating the oil will only encourage him to lick whatever you want to put on him (different cats like people have sensitive stomachs, you don't want to give him the runs trust me, or cause vomiting...)

I suppose if you want a walking dust pan around your house, and on top of that making your cat consume all that cat litter by grooming it's self trying to get it out...

Pet wipes are the DEVIL who ever invented them should be shot..

Yet again CAT licks it goes down into their digestive system, I'm sure you don't lick your skin to get to soap off when your taking a bath. So why would you do it to your pet. I know it's more convenient, but please refrain yourself.

And rather than spending a fortune on grooming shampoo Dawn dish soap it only $1 at the grocery store, this product was used to remove MOTOR OIL from seals, dolphins, whales, ect. so I'm sure that a little bit of cooking oil is no problem.

And jynxxxedangel I was not trying to pick apart your post or anything. It's just that those are things that we as Veterinary professionals do not recommend that people treat their pets with. There is a reason behind our madness trust me ^_^. Also be careful of what the people at the PET STORE tell you to try with your pets and please try to remember that they have no schooling under their belt.

My cousins cat almost died because someone wanted to sound smart and tried telling her that if the cat has fleas she needs to give it garlic pills (mind you garlic is in the onion family WHICH IS HIGHLY TOXIC TO CATS!!!!!). The cat was vomiting it's poor guts out.. then she asked me what to do I nearly had a heart attack when she informed me of what this person told her.

OK, Tokagemaru has consented to help so Changolito gets a bath. Chango vomits quite enough as it is (nothing wrong with him, he just bolts his food too fast... I've learned to limit how much I give him at first but still forget occasionally) without having him get sick from cornmeal residue.

I agree w/not trusting everything pet store employees say. For one thing they are, after all, getting paid to SELL STUFF. Of course there are exceptions... I would trust anything told me by an employee at Preuss here in Lansing... they do know their shit and if they can't answer a question they'll tell you so rather than trying to hedge. One of the two Pet Supplies Plus I patronize has very knowledgeable employees (props to the manager there for spending 15 minutes talking me out of getting an iguana). But the doofuses at the other one should be working at an auto parts store or something... they have NEVER given me a single piece of useful information and are all utterly clueless about the animals they sell.

Okay, so JavaJoe has an inoperable cancer tumor on his neck.. at the time it was found, he was given only a few weeks to live.. he has lived for 9 more months.... is there any foods that we can give him that will give him an extra energy boost, and help him gain a little more weight? (he's eating fine, and poo-ing fine, and is still alert and happy... he's just slowing down a little, from it, and what not... we wanna make his last days/ weeks/ months happy ones) Keep in mind he can't eat dry food, because of where the tumor is, it makes him choke... so it all has to be pretty soft....

JavaJoe <--Was my friend Joe nick name in College.

-CatsEye :cat:

But the doofuses at the other one should be working at an auto parts store or something... they have NEVER given me a single piece of useful information and are all utterly clueless about the animals they sell.

Yes we had a 10 week old kitten that was given motor oil to help get rid of it's intestinal parasites. Again people at the pet store.. please if you don't know what your talking about don't give advice to pet owners.

When it is about moving product people will say anything to make you buy it.

Crystal is rebelling about the kids moving out by chewing on things. Like, thing 1's old pillow...my curtains...towels...a wall hanging and the 2 plants I had still on the floor...I hope she stops soon.

Poor fat bitch butt licker with OCD...

Can't let her go over there for a sleep over with Smudgy cause she beats up other cats.

Crystal is rebelling about the kids moving out by chewing on things. Like, thing 1's old pillow...my curtains...towels...a wall hanging and the 2 plants I had still on the floor...I hope she stops soon.

Poor fat bitch butt licker with OCD...

Can't let her go over there for a sleep over with Smudgy cause she beats up other cats.

Get her a feliway diffuser/plug in it will save you the frustration on her behavior.

Archived