Seriously, I'm telling you, all of this would vanish in a puff of thoughtfulness if we amended the state constitution so as to merge Detroit city and Wayne county, and allowed every Wayne county resident to vote for Detroit mayor.

How many more Kwame Kilpatricks and Coleman Youngs there do have to be until the suburbs have had enough?

Well now that Beatty resigned, it starts making things loom into the guilty side, even though she did it due to the fact that she can't get anything done now without being looked at with an evil eye. They keep saying that Kwame can survive this. But how can the people trust him again? I saw a photo of a guy that somewhat resembled Kwame and a caption saying Leave the man alone. Just made me think he is probably of the same type that Kwame is. PLAYER.

Let him drive the city into receivership. Let Lansing take over. It will be the best thing for the city. Sure, blood will run in the streets, as far as patronage and beloved city programs, but it's the best course we have, since the stupidity of "no, I don't live in Detroit, I'm from Dearborn / Inkster / Wayne / Westland / Garden City / Hamtramck..." seems to prevent any real county wide reform from happening.

This man has done the city no good. I just dont understand why they voted him in for a second term...AFTER he did all that shit to screw up the first time.

Because Detroit citizens are in the black majority and they weren't ready for the other candidate, whom they thought was a black man raised in a white society. That was thrown out there quite a bit.

Because Detroit citizens are in the black majority and they weren't ready for the other candidate, whom they thought was a black man raised in a white society. That was thrown out there quite a bit.

Sadly this is true. There are alot of young urban males who like Kwame and were shown on TV this week supporting him. They like the hip hop image and they think that trumps the fact that Kwame spent taxpayers money on personal items for his family (SUV, expensive trips, inappropriately using city credit cards), cutting bus services, the closing of belle isle aquarium, budget crisis, whistle blower lawsuit that costs $9 million, potential exotic dancer civil suit that could cost $150 million, etc etc etc Many Detroiters would rather have a horrible black mayor than a good white mayor, that sounds controversial but it's simply fact. Coleman Young was a proven crook and Detroit still voted for him over Charles Costa (white mayoral candidate in the 1980's). Coleman Young almost forced "White Flight", he embraced it.

The thing about the text message scandal is that they admitted to firing Gary Brown, something they denied in court under oathe. That is more important than the sex. Both are perjury but they completely were guilty for firing Brown simply for investigating Kwame.

Kwame was named the worst mayor in America by Time Magazine a few years ago and this was before many of his scandals broke. Have you ever looked at other cities and see they have nice shopping districts, nightlife on rivers and lakes, culture, restaurants, etc and said to yourself "why can't we have that here?" well the reason is Kwame Kilpatrick and Coleman Young. Yes we have some nice things in the city but compared to Chicago, New York, Miami, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and even Cleveland and Cinnccinati....Detroit is a joke.

... Which is why the suburbs should band together and take away Detroit's power by giving it more power. Yes, that's right, you did read that sentence correctly.

The proven short-sighted voters of Detroit would support merging Wayne county with Detroit, because that would mean the mayor of Detroit would have county-wide power. Hopefully, the cynical and more far-sighted voters of the suburbs would support such a measure, because that mayor would be voted on by the entire county.

Detroit has 918,000 people, Wayne county has 1,970,000 people. THE SUBURBS ARE MORE POPULOUS.

Seriously, I am thinking of talking with my buddy from Detroit proper to start getting signatures... Hell, if it's on a state-wide ballot, the thoughtfulness of voters in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo could probably kill any opposition to it, at all.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's a bunch of shit that the courts let him move his parole to Texas so he can move and work a 6 figure job down there.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Wrong wrong wrong, Tits.

It's wonderful.

If he stays here, no one will hire him, and he'll probably get shot.

And then we'll NEVER get our money back.

If he's in Texas, we never have to see his pompous, arrogant ass again AND he can work at a job where he makes enough money to repay his debt to the city of Detroit.

Now, THIS is a bunch of shit-->

____________________________------------------------------------------___________

Kilpatrick says he can't repay Detroit $6,000 a month

BY M.L. ELRICK and JOE SWICKARD

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS

Less than three weeks after he left for Texas, Kwame Kilpatrick has made it clear he's not going quietly.

For starters, the newest addition to the former Detroit mayor's stable of lawyers filed legal papers this week telling the Wayne County judge who ordered Kilpatrick to pay $6,000 a month in restitution that Kilpatrick could afford only $6.

...blah blah blah...(I edited out shit that would bore you so we can get to the good stuff)

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy's spokeswoman Maria Miller said Friday: "We'll respond, if necessary, in court."

Miller declined to comment on Schwartz's claim that Groner's restitution order sets Kilpatrick up to fail, which could expose him to a prison sentence.

Kilpatrick agreed to pay Detroit $1 million over the next five years when he pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice charges stemming from the text message scandal. His job as a salesman for a subsidiary of Compuware pays him $10,000 a month.

Schwartz wrote that Kilpatrick's monthly expenses -- including $2,700 for rent and $900 to lease a new Cadillac Escalade -- total $9,994, leaving him only $6.

"I don't think he was ordered to live a more modest lifestyle," Schwartz said. "Is it better Mr. Kilpatrick drives a beat-up Yugo?"

David Griem, a defense attorney who is a former state and federal prosecutor, said Groner should delve deeper into Kilpatrick's finances.

"I think a judge has the duty to turn that man upside down to see what's in his pockets," he said.

----------------------------------------------

Ummmm...yes he should drive a beat up Yugo. Better yet, I know a place where he can buy an 08 Amanti demo for $20k 2006_Kia_Amanti__Front.jpg

It's a Kia that thinks it's a Mercedes E-Class.

With heated leather and premium sound.

Is that not good enough for the man who ruined Detroit and made us an embarrassment to the nation?

Seriously, he needs a fucking Escalade?

And while we're at it, $2700/month?

For rent?

THIS is the mansion he should live in after what he did to this state.

deluxe_doghouse.jpg

"Groner's restitution order sets Kilpatrick up to fail"

ONLY if he lives like King Kwame.

He's a criminal who owes Detroit millions!!!!!!

Let him fail.

I won't shed a tear.

Will you?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO. Wrong wrong wrong, Tits.

It's wonderful.

If he stays here, no one will hire him, and he'll probably get shot.

And then we'll NEVER get our money back.

If he's in Texas, we never have to see his pompous, arrogant ass again AND he can work at a job where he makes enough money to repay his debt to the city of Detroit.

Now, THIS is a bunch of shit-->

____________________________------------------------------------------___________

Kilpatrick says he can't repay Detroit $6,000 a month

BY M.L. ELRICK and JOE SWICKARD

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITERS

Less than three weeks after he left for Texas, Kwame Kilpatrick has made it clear he's not going quietly.

For starters, the newest addition to the former Detroit mayor's stable of lawyers filed legal papers this week telling the Wayne County judge who ordered Kilpatrick to pay $6,000 a month in restitution that Kilpatrick could afford only $6.

...blah blah blah...(I edited out shit that would bore you so we can get to the good stuff)

Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy's spokeswoman Maria Miller said Friday: "We'll respond, if necessary, in court."

Miller declined to comment on Schwartz's claim that Groner's restitution order sets Kilpatrick up to fail, which could expose him to a prison sentence.

Kilpatrick agreed to pay Detroit $1 million over the next five years when he pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice charges stemming from the text message scandal. His job as a salesman for a subsidiary of Compuware pays him $10,000 a month.

Schwartz wrote that Kilpatrick's monthly expenses -- including $2,700 for rent and $900 to lease a new Cadillac Escalade -- total $9,994, leaving him only $6.

"I don't think he was ordered to live a more modest lifestyle," Schwartz said. "Is it better Mr. Kilpatrick drives a beat-up Yugo?"

David Griem, a defense attorney who is a former state and federal prosecutor, said Groner should delve deeper into Kilpatrick's finances.

"I think a judge has the duty to turn that man upside down to see what's in his pockets," he said.

----------------------------------------------

Ummmm...yes he should drive a beat up Yugo. Better yet, I know a place where he can buy an 08 Amanti demo for $20k 2006_Kia_Amanti__Front.jpg

It's a Kia that thinks it's a Mercedes E-Class.

With heated leather and premium sound.

Is that not good enough for the man who ruined Detroit and made us an embarrassment to the nation?

Seriously, he needs a fucking Escalade?

And while we're at it, $2700/month?

For rent?

THIS is the mansion he should live in after what he did to this state.

deluxe_doghouse.jpg

"Groner's restitution order sets Kilpatrick up to fail"

ONLY if he lives like King Kwame.

He's a criminal who owes Detroit millions!!!!!!

Let him fail.

I won't shed a tear.

Will you?

I look at it this way, if I an honest law abiding citizen can't find a fucking job, why should he be able to. But yes he needs to be living in a cheap ass apartment and driving a pinto or something.

Archived