Some of my Photography

DarkenedCharm

This is a small example of what I do with a camera. This is basic cemetary photography, taken on a simple 35mm with 400sp. black and white film.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

even though it might be *basic*, i always love to see it. i love cemetary photos, i always think they are so beautiful.

Thank you, everyone! I look at them and think "Meh...Could be better...". But then I am supercritical of my own work. I have more photography that I do that isn't b&w and not cemetary related, but I dont' want to offend anyone...LOL Some of the other stuff is artistic, but some is either downright filth, or blasphemous. I would only share those with interested parties...I will see what all I can post, tho, as long as everyone is interested.

What cemeteries did you photograph these particular shots at? Ever use "Find-a-grave.com" as a resource to fine really interesting cemeteries? I have, and it's proved helpful to find both interesting headstones as well as interesting dead people. :cool

The photos above are just from a basic "non-descript" cemetery here in St. Louis off of Morganford and Loughborough. There is one roughly 3 miles north of my work where the "local celebrities" of St. Louis are buried. I have yet to visit that one with a camera, but I will soon. August A. Busch (Brewing magnate) is buried there, as are others. There are some fascinating mausoleums and stones there that you won't find in any other cemtery in the area.

Very good work!!! the center pic is probably my favorite out of the bunch

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you, Daevion! I have to say, that is my favorite of the entire roll taken at that cemetery. It was getting late as I was leaving, and since I don't have a car, I was walking out. Passed that cross again (I had snapped it one other time in daylight) and caught the gleam of the setting sun behind it. I had to have it as a pic, and it actually took a LOT better than I thought it would.

Here are a couple more from that roll. The last photo was taken on that same roll the night before. The person taking the pics at that show didn't think my camera was working, so he stopped using it after two shots. This was the last show I played with my last band, btw. Even though the band is obviously Metal, I think the pic has a very dirty, gritty '70's Punk feel to it.

Archived